SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : husband of one wife

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
poet

Longview WA

husband of one wife

the husband of one wife... looking it up in the greek for one, is (mia) meaning one, only, first.
the word first got my attention.
Lets remember that this has to do with leadership, not the layman. or even someone who wants to have the church take care of them.. widow's.
There is mercy for those who are in a tough situation, and they need mercy, Jesus will give mercy, but those of you out there who will use his mercy to continue to sin with knowledge, your just trampling the blood under foot.
if your divorced and remarried, according to Jesus your committing adultery, but I would guess your pastor said you were justified. And with that in mind God has mercy for those who did this, but not to be apointed to leadership.
here where I live pastors are so scared and wont take a stand. The church I just left appointed a divorced and remarried deacon, after he was a christian..why? I dont know, but when I questioned the wisdom of this, It hit the fan, leadership said I needed to learn to say yes, sir. life is so interesting

2007/5/21 5:27Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re: husband of one wife

Quote:
if your divorced and remarried, according to Jesus your committing adultery

This is biblical.

Quote:
but I would guess your pastor said you were justified.

God forbid.

Quote:
And with that in mind God has mercy for those who did this

I was just wondering what you meant by this last quote?

2007/5/21 9:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Please use the "Reply" button on the other thread
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16858&forum=36]The husband of one wife[/url] it helps keep things cohesive.

If you could, please copy over your reply's from this post to the other and we can remove this one, preventing any further confusion.

Thanks.

2007/5/21 9:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy