SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : "The Revival Hymn" Audio Transcription

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
wacohitt

Revival Hymn Testimony

Hello everyone. My name is Waco Hitt and I am a bible study (Sunday School) teacher and a deacon at Parkview Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. But more important than those 'titles', I am in love with Jesus. I listened to The Revival Hymn the first time about 3 months ago and God used it to change my perspective in my ministry. What an awesome compilation.I have listened to it over 30 times and I still find a truth in it each time. I wanted to thank you all who worked on it. About 2 months ago, I played it during our Sunday School hour. After it finished, there was complete silence, and a few tears were flowing from people. The presence of God was in the room, and I did not know what to say! So I got up in front of the class and started to pray. Guys, let me tell you that God was using me as a vessel for that prayer. The words came straight from Him, it was awesome. I prayed that we as a class would stop coming to church with the same "Happy Face" saying "everything in my life is great", and tear down the barriers of pride and to share with each other our struggles and where God is taking us. Our class is a very active and close knit group, but the barrier existed to where people did not want to open up and share their struggles. Since then, we have had two gut wrenching testimonies of people that opened up their hearts and laid it all out on the line. The presence of The Lord was once again upon us, because we were being REAL, knowing that we could not do anything without His guidance and love.
Our pastor then played the compilation during our Wednesday night service, and the response has been great. Now we are seeking God's wisdom to see if we should play it during our Sunday morning services (we have 3) where over 1700 people will listen to it together, unified, as a church. How awesome is that? (Now we are steady praying for a revival that God can only start.)

Many thanks to Victoria for transcribing. We actually transcribed it before it was available on this website so we could show it on power point for the church to read it as we played it on Wednesday night. (We had some words wrong!)
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to thank you and God for this awesome minisrty that you guys have here at sermonindex.
Peaceful Prayers to you all-

2004/3/30 17:43Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Revival Hymn Testimony

Oh my!

Bless you for sharing this with us.
I am speechless...a rare thing around here.

I will be forwarding this to Chris, who origianly put this compilation together. He has two sites that he runs:
http://united4truth.com/
http://www.fireonthealtar.com

There is a couple more corrections in the text that we missed as well, waiting to get a clarification from Chris before updating it here.
Have it in Word and Notepad if you would like a copy. Drop me a PM or check my profile for my email address, would be happy to send it out.

I stand in awe of what the Lord is doing.
Thank you so much Waco, what an incredible testimony!

Mike

2004/3/31 0:31Profile
v1ct0r1a

New Jersey, USA

Re: Revival Hymn Testimony

Waco! :) Hello, thanks so much for sharing this. I haven't been to the site lately and thanks to Mike I got to know about your post. It's such a blessing to hear praise reports such as this. All glory to God!

Putting the track's words into power point for all to see is a clever idea and a practical one at that. I tried playing it in the car during a family road trip and some words were difficult to decipher.

We are so blessed by what you shared, Waco! I will be praying, along with you, about your decision whether or not to play it during the Sunday services. God will surely show you what to do! :)

Victoria

2004/3/31 16:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Revival Hymn Transcript UPDATE!

I had recently been in contact with our dear brother Chris who originaly put this compilation together. He noted a couple of corrections that have been made to the original as noted below in paranthesis. They are listed in order;

[u]Ian Paisley[/u]

Awake (THOU) that sleepeth, Arise from the dead! Christ will give you life!

[u]Leonard Ravenhill[/u]

(WE) Just come from (AN ALTAR*) and we go back the next week and (WE'RE) as fascinated, we haven't spent a half hour with Jesus but will stay two stinking hours in a movie house.

[* I was outnumbered on this one,
'mountain/altar', guess either one would work, but I digress.] ;-)

[u]Duncan Campbell[/u]

When God (STEPPED DOWN), suddenly, men and women all over the parish were gripped by the fear of God.

The moment that that happened in the barn, a power was let loose in Barvas that shook the whole of Lewis.
God stepped (DOWN).

Mike

2004/4/1 1:09Profile
Carlb

Re:

Victoria,

I am new to the group and have not yet found the actual transcript you helped create. Where is it available? Thank you for the work you have done, it will be a blessing to many people!

Carlb

2004/6/19 10:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am new to the group and have not yet found the actual transcript you helped create. Where is it available? Thank you for the work you have done, it will be a blessing to many people!

Brother Carlb it is available on this thread at the beginning. If you want it in word document format you can email [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/userinfo.php?uid=471]Mike Balog.[/url]

2004/6/19 12:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Carl,

Check your email :-)

2004/6/19 12:48Profile
InigoMontoya

Michigan

Re: "The Revival Hymn" Audio Transcription

WOW... thats all I can say. If anyone hasn't yet listened to this compilation... I can't recommend this highly enough. I've never heard such a soul speaking compilation as this! Oh, Best Buy has 100 disk spindles of CD-R's on clearance for $10, this is deffinately something worth sharing :)

2004/7/4 9:33Profile
DocHifi

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

First, THANKS for the transcription for clarifying what was being said! Powerful stuff there.

Second, does anyone know if a non-musical version exists? I cannot hear the speaker over the music in several places, and the fact that copy-write protected music is being used makes it hard to distribute with a clean conscience. For those who know the music, the hollywood movie it is predominately from would not be what any of those speakers would condone, either.

Thanks!

2004/7/29 16:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Second, does anyone know if a non-musical version exists? I cannot hear the speaker over the music in several places, and the fact that copy-write protected music is being used makes it hard to distribute with a clean conscience. For those who know the music, the hollywood movie it is predominately from would not be what any of those speakers would condone, either.

Thank you brother for your concerns. I will try and see if I can get a version without the music in it.. thats a good idea. I will keep you posted.

2004/7/29 18:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy