SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The bibilical basis, please, for....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I find myself wondering whether those who advocate the 'Bible only' read these forums. ;-)

Wesley used the phrase [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_unius_libri]a man of one book[/url] in a very particular context. For myself I am also 'a man of one book' as per Wesley's understanding of that phrase.

2007/3/16 2:49Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Aaron wrote:

Quote:
No apologies necessary. I just thought it ironic that one who obviously reads many a source (with your "Days are evil" threads and all) would potentially deny another the same benefit, that's all.

There has been some benefit no doubt. God has used those books to show me the hopelessness of this world. I guess that is one way that God has led me to become a pilgram in this world.

Yet, this could not have happened unless I first read the Scriptures. The Scriptures have a way of cutting away all of our misconceptions of how God works with His creation. As the cutting continues it is easier to discern the evil ways of Satan.

Finally, I guess I have been on a rant this last week or so. I hear people discussing what others teach, while ignoring what Scripture teaches...

Thankyou for the check up Aaron...

In Christ
jeff

2007/3/16 6:27Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Thank you for the thought on Wesley...

God Bless
Jeff

2007/3/16 6:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net