SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : He Calls Himself God - with 300 congregrations and growing fast

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jordanamo

He Calls Himself God - with 300 congregrations and growing fast

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16840066/site/newsweek

From the article:
"In 1998, de Jesus avowed that he was the reincarnation of the Apostle Paul. Two years ago at Growing in Grace's world convention in Venezuela, he declared himself Christ. And just last week, he called himself the Antichrist and revealed a "666" tattooed on his forearm. His explanation: that, as the second coming of Christ, he rejects the continued worship of Jesus of Nazareth."

Jeez.

Edit:
"We don't believe in sin. We don't believe in the Devil. We don't believe that there's such a place as Hell." ...
"I'm gonna change the whole world."

From this CNN reporting on him, http://youtube.com/watch?v=zmC6LBpBUv4

Jordan

2007/2/3 14:56Profile
redboy

Re: He Calls Himself God - with 300 congregrations and growing fast

I just finished reading the article and it seems to be blasphemous in my opinion. I live in Miami and didn't know that type of foolishness was going on. That article was a good look. Thanks

Quote:
1 John 2:18 (NIV) WARNING AGAINST ANTICHRIST

18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

2007/2/3 15:57Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: He Calls Himself God - with 300 congregrations and growing fast

I'm sure this guy has cropt up before on this forum and I'll reiterate what someone else said;

I find it interesting that such Biblical theme's such as sin, Hell and Satan do not come into this mans theology... but tithing does!

Live like you want without consequence.. oh but give me your money.

matt and mim

2007/2/3 16:52Profile
HisPrincess

Goulburn, NSW, Australia

Re:

That's what cults are generally all about, when you get down to the bones...power/control over people and taking their money. It is truly tragic to see people getting sucked in to such situations.

Love in Christ,
Ruth

2007/2/8 6:38Profile
Provost

Re:

I am not shocked about the leader...but that many followers? Wow.

2007/2/8 9:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy