Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
Quote:

beenblake wrote:
The Church is filled with rebels, the leaders being the worst of all.
In the name of Christ,
Blake

Sorry you feel rebels are all bad I don't, because You might also characterize rebels in Church as those like me that are rebelling against the way the Church is today. Rebels can be good and bad you have to read the definition of a rebel to really understand. I consider myself a rebel, but I am a rebel for Christ and a rebel to be Christ like and to rebel against the way my Church is and get it back on the narrow path. I am beginning to get some positive feedback on this from some of the Church members, so my rebel ways just might get my Church back on track one day this is what I am believing.

WE know that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, so I am reluctant to believe, from your words/actions, you are a rebel but rather a defender of the faith. Church leaders, on the other hand, would indeed be rebels if the gospel isn't being preached or preached with an agenda other than edifying the sheep. The question then needs be asked of them, why? If the answer reveals a lack of intimacy with the Father and a shift towards social programs, what conclusion should be drawn by the discerning heart?

Orm

2006/12/10 5:35

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
I posted this in another thread but it is a tip of the iceberg of the heresy and great falling away the Lord is showing me that is prevelant in the Church. One way to say it is the grace of God only saves us from sin but does not [b]also[/b] save us to good works.

Obedience in our day is considered legalism. The law of God is made void. Sin is accepted in the Church. Christ taught at the end of the sermon on the Mount that those that are "his" are they do that "DO THE WILL OF GOD" and after the parable of the 2 buildings are to those that hear Gods word (church members) but those that obey only are those that are going to heaven.

Forgive me my brother but heaven is not the issue. The two buildings parable will reveal that. Doing the will of God is to have the Mind of Christ. Though it may take us to a cross, we must be challenged by His disposition because of the Joy set before us. "I only do what I see my Father doing"; ergo, presuming on Him is as building sand...... Do we live with His vision that sustains or are we building on sand?

Orm

2006/12/10 5:46

Re:

Sheep willingly obey their masters voice because they are followers. Being a follower does not releive a sheep of responsibilty in knowing his/her shepherd nor of the shepherd, who may be a hireling.

Now, with a discerning heart, --- lets speak of obedience --- and accountabilities.

Orm

2006/12/10 6:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy