SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "I would ban religion completely" - Elton John

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

I would say God probably thinks that elton john fits the description of ungodly,sinner, scornful. Wouldn't you? :-(

So whast I am hearing you say is, if he were to offer you a seat, you would decline?:-P

2006/11/15 6:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
But regarding Homeschooling it would be of great interest to me if you could tell me how you manage to work and homeschool at the same time?

Well... pretty easy... I work, and my wife does the teaching.

If you want to discuss homeschooling just start a thread about it in the Lounge. I would hate to see it get buried in this thread. Throw it out there so everyone will know about it.

As for not being able to afford homeschooling, we're blessed that I make a pretty good living as a freelance structural engineer. We're not wealthy by any means, and we struggle to make ends meet. Our newest vehicle is 7 yrs old. My Jeep is 11 yrs old, and my truck is 26 yrs old. But most of the homeschooling families we know dont make a large amount of income. People learn to sacrifice because they realize educating their children in a Christian atmosphere is more important than any worldy posessions.

Krispy

2006/11/15 6:47
dohzman

Re:

Brother Aaron, Now that made me chuckle! We'er gonna have to have a talk with all our brethren in th UK, they made him a knight :-o

2006/11/15 7:54Profile
Santana

Re:

Hey Krispy,

I’m appalled at your first comment. Your going to sit there and tell me you never liked “Crocodile Rock”?!?! :-D LOL.

luv ya bro..stay crisp.

2006/11/15 15:38Profile

Re:

Crocodile Rock..?? Ugh!!

..and something about Elton John singing "Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting" doesnt add up.

Now, maybe "Saturday Nights Alright For Trying On New Dresses" or something like that would be more fitting... LOL

Oh, and "Benny & The Jets"... equally horrible!

Krispy

2006/11/15 16:16

Krisp

I like "Daniel".....and I like "Rocket Man".

as far as poor Elton.....man, there is nothing more sadder than an aging gay male, 50 or 60. Think about it; you gotta lay next to another equally sad and decaying 50 year old dude, you don't have the love of any of your kids, you been misusing parts of your body for years......its just sad, I don't care if he IS worth 500 million, he must be a sad sad specimen.

I mean think about this, besides the love of Jesus, which is the hidden Pearl in the field, whats better for a guy than the love of a good and faithful woman?

Its so good to be best friends with your wife, especially when you get older, a good woman to talk with, love on, know each other's lil things, favorite foods, favorite books, etc.

you know what I say? let these gays have their civil unions, God have mercy on 'em all......we should concentrate on strenthening the marriage right in front of us. My ex, she divorced me, I miss her , but she stop valuing me and I'll tell ya what.....I long for the day when a good Godly woman sees the good guy I am, and we have a natural chemistry, and that will be good, in His will.....but its gotta be right...know what I mean? you don't hop on the "B" train, when you were sposed to get on the "A" train.

I wouldnt mind having more children, sons or daughters, it don't matter, just as long as they have ten good digits and are sound of mind and soul. I thank God I have one good and Godly son, he's a joy.....anyway, I blither.

Daniel and Rocket Man....good songs, I don't care what you say...lol......you used to like heavy metal.....uhhhhhhh.

what was wrong with you?.....in fact, you were even dumb enough to join the Corps, when we got the best Navy in the world?.....what is your major malfunction?!? lol

teasing, squid

2006/11/15 16:57
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

a candle in the wind...

i wonder brethren if any of y'all liked the above song...both versions for Marilyn Monroe and Princess Di.

*the candle burned out long before...the legend ever did*

:-P

2006/11/16 1:06Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: a candle in the wind...

with all this talk about rock'n'roll, did anyone grow up listening to motown music? just curious

2006/11/16 1:08Profile

Re: Krisp

Quote:
what was wrong with you?.....in fact, you were even dumb enough to join the Corps, when we got the best Navy in the world?.....what is your major malfunction?!? lol

LOL... oh boy! Like I said before (and I heard and used this phrase long before A Few Good Men came out!) ... I like you Navy boys! Everytime we have to go somewhere to fight, y'all give us a ride.

Bartle, your post was great. I think you are right on the money. God designed the sexes to need each other for very specific things, and they can say what they want to... but a gay relationship does not complete a person the way God intended. There are two gay men who live not far from us who gotta be near 70 yrs old. They have no legacy... no kids to care for them when they get to the point where they need help. I dont know anything about them, but they probably dont have a lot of family support. How lonely.

I do have a good woman in my life who is my best friend. She knows the best of me, and the worst of me... and sticks with me anyway. She was drop dead gorgeous when I married her, and she's only gotten more beautiful now that she is 37. I have four boys... my quiver is full, as King David said. No daughters, but I am looking forward to the day when my sons give me daughter-in-laws.

If the Lord allows, I anticipate have a very rich old age. Not monetarily... but rich in the things that matter.

And you will too, Bartle. Stay close to God, and in His timing He will bring that woman to you. She's out there...

Krispy

2006/11/16 6:55
dohzman

Re:

I have four boys... my quiver is full>>>> Brother you do know a full quiver is 5 :-o , scripturally speaking, might there be another Krispy on the way soon? God Bless Bro. Daryl

2006/11/16 7:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy