SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : False teachings

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Azulfire

Washington state

False teachings

Creciendo en Gracia (Growing in Grace International Ministry) is a movement of churches headquartered in Miami, Florida. It has churches in 24 countries - mostly in Latin America, but also in the US and Canada.

Jose’ Luis De Jesus Miranda claims to be Jesus. NCB Today Show, Aug. 25, 2006The group is organized around José Luis De Jesus Miranda, a 59-year-old Puerto Rican man with impish charm and a taste for indulgence. Some defectors, like Regina Albarracin — a Pembroke Pines woman whose son remains a member — liken him to a cult leader. Devotees call him Jesus Christ and lavish him with gifts and money. More than 400 followers have set up businesses that funnel 20 to 80 percent of their profits into the ministry. Others donate cars, homes, and tens of thousands of dollars in cash and services.

De Jesus’s followers believe they are God’s true chosen people and call their children the “super race.” They are also convinced other churches peddle deceit and spread poverty, war, and disease. But while this antipathy dates back years, only recently have they begun acting on it by disrupting religious events.

Over the past five months, Creciendo en Gracia parishioners have held at least 40 protests in more than a dozen countries. And De Jesus says this is just the beginning. “My purpose,” he explains, “is to close down every church so the true church can begin. You could say I’m leading the greatest reformation that has ever happened.”
- Source: Jesus Redux, Miami New Times, USA, Feb. 9, 2006

Creciendo en Gracia’s teachings mark the movement as, theologically, a cult of Christianity. Sociologically, the movement has cultic elements as well. [See: Sociological vs. theological definitions of the term ‘cult’]

Free To Indulge In Sin
De Jesus teaches that the Devil has been destroyed, and that Hell does not exist. Nevertheless, he claims there are two classes of people: those who reject his message and are therefore predestined, and those who accept his word as true. The latter are saved and can not lose their salvation. Hence they are allowed to indulge in sin.

Reincarnation of Paul? El Otro? Jesus Christ?
De Jesus’s gospel flows from an experience he had in December 1976. After a hardscrabble youth in Puerto Rico, where he often stole to feed his heroin habit, he moved to Lawrence, Massachusetts, and ran a Bible-based treatment center for drug-addicted street toughs. But soon he lost faith in conventional churches. “I was getting tired of all the legalism and hypocrisy,” he explains. “I kept thinking, Christianity should be something better.”

Then one frosty December night, he says he awoke to find himself flanked by two brawny men with stern expressions who told him: “The King of Kings is coming to anoint you.” Before he knew it, he was standing in a luminous marble corridor where trumpets blared and a spectral figure crept toward him. Then the apparition merged with him, and he began to hear a man’s voice in his head.

“He said, ‘Open your Bible,’” De Jesus recalls. “So I opened to Romans 6. And he said, ‘Read that … that means you’re dead to sin; sin can’t reign in your life.’” The experience left De Jesus transformed. “Ever since that day, I can’t learn from anybody — and I mean no one,” he says. He now believes that was the night of Christ’s second coming.

In the years that followed, the voice continued to offer new revelations. Then in 1986 it said, “Move to Miami. There you’ll have a bridge to all nations.” So at age 40, De Jesus, his then-wife Nydia, and their five children came to the Magic City, where he secured a fifteen-minute daily slot on WVCG-AM (1080) and began preaching his controversial message.

Before long, other ministers were railing against him from their radio pulpits. And this worked to his advantage. After he had been on the air three months, De Jesus rented a Hialeah warehouse, filled it with 300 chairs, and invited listeners for a weekend seminar. To his surprise, he says, 500 people turned up. “Just like that,” De Jesus marvels. “Creciendo en Gracia was born.”

In the years that followed, the church increasingly revolved around De Jesus. Then in 1998 he claimed to be the reincarnation of the Apostle Paul. The following year he proclaimed himself “El Otro” — a demigod who would lay the foundation for the Lord’s return. Finally in 2004 he named himself Jesus Christ and the ultimate authority on the gospel. Today no one but him — and his right-hand man, Carlos Cestero — are allowed to preach. And De Jesus always dictates the message. Instead of regular sermons, most followers around the world watch videos or simulcasts of these men projected on a screen behind the pulpit.
- Source: Jesus Redux, Miami New Times, USA, Feb. 9, 2006

2006/9/22 16:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: False teachings

"Beware of men..." -Matthew 10:17

"For [b]many[/b] shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall decieve [b]many[/b]." -Matthew 24:5

Behold the days are coming.

2006/9/22 16:52Profile
Dougmore

Hi,

This sounds like another wacko who is out to serve satan. This false gospel that he is preaching is a stronghold that will soon grow larger. Hate to say it.
bro Doug

2006/9/22 18:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

False teachings

Admititedly, first instincts were to just write this off as another over the top, small time attempt at some notoriety ...

Did a bit of searching and found his site:
http://www.cegenglish.com/apostle/

Seemed [i]almost[/i] subtle, as if one might expect a down playing of the claims ...

At the top of the page is a tab labebled 'START' which takes you to http://www.cegenglish.com/

From there, take a look at [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037HvQ1TyGM]WatchThe Man Christ Jesus[/url]

2006/9/22 23:33Profile
Azulfire

Washington state

Is this Jesus?

you should watch this one.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i913wX7Vecs&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT2vzybup_Q&mode=related&search=

http://www.cegenglish.com/we_believe/

this is there belief statement looks harmless but yet so very subtle.....

We Believe

The International Ministry Growing In Grace is an educational center established by God in the present time to teach the gospel of the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ as revealed to the Apostle Paul.

(You can click the words "We Believe" to see the biblical verse)

We Believe That God is the father of the spirits and that He created them before the foundation of the world. We Believe that God knew, chose, and predestined His children before the foundation of the world. We Believe that God made vessels for destruction and vessels for salvation. We Believe that we as children participate of flesh and blood.We Believe that Satan was incarnated in the body of Adam. We Believe that God was also incarnated in the body of Jesus Christ.

We Believe that Jesus Christ is God over all things. We Believe that Christ destroyed the devil through His death on the cross. We Believe that the believer was freed from the law of Moses through the death of Christ. We Believe that Christ took away sin through His death. We Believe that with one offering Christ made us perfect forever. We Believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is without spot, or wrinkle, and that it is sanctified and justified through His death.

We Believe that the believer is blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenly realms in Christ. We Believe that Christ became poor, though He was rich, so that we through his poverty would be enriched. We Believe that the salvation given by Jesus Christ to the believer can not be lost; once a believer is saved he is always saved. We Believe that the salvation is a sovereign act of God towards His children and not an act which is initiated by man towards God.

We Believe that the believer is called to leave the rudimentary principles of the doctrine of Christ and head towards perfection. We Believe that the believer is called to live by faith and not by the works of the law. We Believe that the believer has already been baptized in the death and resurrection of Christ.

We Believe that the Apostle Paul was given the gospel of the incircumcision for the gentiles. We Believe that he, Paul, laid the only doctrinal foundation in the church, which is Jesus Christ the resurrected one. We Believe that only in his 14 epistles the gospel of the grace of God is found, the gospel that is unknown by any of the princes of this age.

We Believe that the believer is called to put to death the works of the body of flesh by the spirit. We Believe that God disciplines and corrects those whom he takes as children. We Believe in the angelic ministry sent forth by God to serve the heirs of salvation.

We Believe in one faith, one Lord, and one baptism. We Believe that the believer was freed from this present evil age and transferred into the kingdom of His son, where Christ is the High Priest of the riches of the age to come. We Believe in grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations.

We invite you to learn more about the doctrines revealed to the Apostle Paul and taught today by the International Ministry Growing In Grace to all the nations. In our web pages you will find everything that refers to our Ministry.

2006/9/23 0:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:
Did a bit of searching and found his site:

And would you know my ISP blocks any exploration of this site!!! :-? Must be serious.

ginnyrose

2006/9/28 13:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy