SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Calling Jesus your "lover" inapropriate

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Mike, Sex is not the issue......Intimacy is.

Orm

2006/9/10 16:45

Re:

[b][size=small]I am glad that I am stupid and NOT religious!![/size][/b]

Thank you Jesus, lover of my soul!

2006/9/10 19:04
mega

Australia, NSW

Re:

if you read songs of solomen it is speaking about Jesus and the church, its all about intimacy, the world has polluted the word lover, as a sexual thing, but being a Jesus lover is being one with our lord and savior he is the husband and we are the bride (the church), I think people take things out of context and this is just another way for satan to rob Jesus from his true status, thats the problem with churches today is the lack of intimacy with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. God Bless.

P.s I agree with Healingwaters on this one...

2006/9/10 19:12Profile

Re:

Ah, so true mega! You know guys, there is a REALLY good sermon by the fiery Paul Washer on Songs of Solomon, he speaks the truth. I suggest you find it and listen to it. Im not even going to post a link to it, if you want to listen to it, go to Paul Washers page and look for his sermon on the Songs of Solomon.

One of the problems I think, is alot of people don't read the Songs of Solomon, infact before understanding Songs of Solomon as Christ and the church, the husband and the bride, I always thought of Songs of Solomon as being just a guy 3,000 years ago writing a love letter to some beautful woman 3,000 years ago. It had no interest to me untill I learned that is how God sees His bride, the church.

Paul Mcgrade

2006/9/10 19:28

Re:

I might add, that saying that Songs of Solomon is how God sees His bride, dosnt do much justice to it, however, if you listen to Paul Washer speak, He expounds that, like you wont believe it.

Paul Mcgrade

2006/9/10 19:29

Re:

I would add that i don't see a problem with saying Jesus is the lover of my soul. I know it may seem like I am straing at words but I think many understand what I am trying to convey.God bless, John

2006/9/10 22:28

Re:

Paulmcg said:

Quote:
One of the problems I think, is alot of people don't read the Songs of Solomon

You are so right, and If I may be so bold as to say even Churches avoid the reading of the Song of Solomon in their Churches as they find it too embarressing to read.

It's with this kind of reasoning that has led to the deletion of my post. I wished that I had of printed it out before it was quoshed.

Thanks to all you lovers out there that have a true passion for the LORD and not afraid to say;

Song of Solomon 1:13 A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.

To all the religious minded, PUT ON THE MIND OF CHRIST and see into the Spirit, and get your mind out of the gutter!

God Bless
Karl

2006/9/11 10:50
roadsign

Re: a hymn by Charles Wesley

Jesus, Lover of My Soul - by Charles Wesley

Jesus, lover of my soul, let me to Thy bosom fly,
While the nearer waters roll, while the tempest still is high.
Hide me, O my Savior, hide, till the storm of life is past;
Safe into the haven guide; O receive my soul at last.

Other refuge have I none, hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah! leave me not alone, still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed, all my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head with the shadow of Thy wing.

Wilt Thou not regard my call? Wilt Thou not accept my prayer?
Lo! I sink, I faint, I fall—Lo! on Thee I cast my care;
Reach me out Thy gracious hand! While I of Thy strength receive,
Hoping against hope I stand, dying, and behold, I live.

Thou, O Christ, art all I want, more than all in Thee I find;
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint, heal the sick, and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy Name, I am all unrighteousness;
False and full of sin I am; Thou art full of truth and grace.

Plenteous grace with Thee is found, grace to cover all my sin;
Let the healing streams abound; make and keep me pure within.
Thou of life the fountain art, freely let me take of Thee;
Spring Thou up within my heart; rise to all eternity.

These words are rich. Take a few moments and meditate on them, and you will be edified. And about the other stuff.......... don't even go there! Let the dead bury the dead. Take good care of your mind. Here's how:

"Whatever is true... noble... right... pure...lovely... admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Phil. 4:8

What might such things be? None other than Jesus, Lover of my soul.

Diane

2006/9/11 11:42Profile

Re:

Interesting to me that so many people want to make Jesus their "lover", but so few concern themselves with making Him their [b]LORD[/b].

Krispy

2006/9/11 12:17

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Interesting to me that so many people want to make Jesus their "lover", but so few concern themselves with making Him their [b]LORD[/b].

Krispy

Sortta goes with the times we live, dontcha think?

I mean, I love Him, but "ain't no husband goin to tell this bride what to do".

;-)

2006/9/11 12:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy