SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hinderance to revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi... when are we ever going to realize that God is in charge of his church and the revivalsthat have changed history? at the birth of Jesus in a manger not a palace,he was the stranger in the manger and all the religeous folks missed it. sheppards and the magi[star gazers]came.the religeous leaders were busy critics throughout His life[ if they only had the internet] revival must start in the hearts of men and women who weep over their own shortcomings and cry out to the God of mercy for forgiveness for their own sins and those of the world.God will probably use fat women the next time revival falls. He gives His gifts to mankind not because mankind is good or worthy, but because He is good and worthy. yes, we need to pray for revival,but let our hearts be ready for God to surprise us with how or who.in lewis the Holy Spirit fell on the dance where there was a few drinkers present. my! my! could that be God? He hates religion, for religion is the tree of the knowlege of good and evil.jimp

2006/1/3 2:44Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'm not talking about people that choose to eat to much. I'm talking about people that are overweight that do not over eat.(EDIT: or people that are not overweight that do overeat) I'm still carring the same thought as I did in the first reply.

My point is that just because a person is fat doesn't mean they are a glutton. It could be a good possiblity, but not always. What I was pointing out was that you are not to judge according to apearence. You don't dispute that do you?

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

That was my only point. I'm not trying to protect gluttons. Do you honestly still not see what I am trying to say?

2006/1/3 11:52Profile
CyberCarbon

PreachParsly Yes, but

How many people really have a gland problem compared to the millions that claim to have it?
Have you ever heard about someone having this problem in areas of starvation? How often does it happen in India, Africa, and China? My point is this; people need conviction in this area of sin of overeating not excuses.

The bible also says you will know them by their fruit; Being fat is the fruit of overeating and gluttony. Fat by definition is the body storing calories in excess of the body needs.

Why do people always want to overlook the obvious, and argue the obscure? Have you seen the studies and the control groups? We today think if someone is wearing a white coat and sounds educated, they somehow have a special insight. I disagree, this discussion reminds me of another I had with other people about homosexuality, and you know what happened with that issue? A group of gay and pro-gay scientists and psychologists using sudo science, declared homosexuals were born that way and they have no choice about their behavior, and the morons in Congress believed them.

God Bless you for caring so much, I care also very much and I am willing to risk offending some by confronting them. My motivation is my own battle, that I would of started many many years ago if someone would of cared enough to get in my face and say brother this is an area of your walk you need to deal with. Too many people are digging their own grave with a spoon and fork to back off of this issue because one or two who may have an extra burden to deal with in this area. People who are in treatment know who they are and they can defend themselves. Their discomfort is a small price to pay to address the larger issue of gross gluttony of the general population.

2006/1/3 12:40Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: PreachParsly Yes, but

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=6679&forum=35&start=50&viewmode=flat&order=1]Obese Christians?[/url]

Here is another thread about this topic.

2006/1/4 16:06Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

This is a true story:
DL Moody approached CH Spurgeon about his cigar smoking habit. Spurgeon stood up walked over to Moody and put his finger in Moodys big belly, and said when you get rid of this come and see me again.

2006/1/16 14:20Profile
Conqueror

Re:

Not meaning to be the devils advocate here...

but where in the Bible does it say Gluttony is a sin?

I have a friend who is over a 100 lbs overweight. He is also struggling spiritually.I have often wondered if they were connected.

But I am hesitant on bringing up the subject for the fear of sounding legalist. I once had a woman (a friends mother) tell me I was struggling spiritually because my apartment was always a mess. I wasn't a Christian at the time and it really turned me off the church. Just making sure I don't make the same mistake.

2006/1/16 14:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy