SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Head Covering

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Head Covering

I know very well from the verse below given by Apostle Paul that Christian women should head cover...

"Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels."
~ 1 Corinthians 11:10

It took me many months deciding if I will veil myself or not, but today is the day that I started head covering. I was battling in my mind why I need to do a head covering when majority of Christian women aren't doing it, I want also comfort for myself for my head and free my hair in the air. But I came to conclusion that I should not seek comfort and upholds to this small commandment for Christian woman in '1 Corinthians 11:10'... It gave a different perspective too when I think that head covering is a symbol of authority in my head and because of the angels...

I asked my muslim woman from class prior to my head covering if it is comfortable to do it, and she said, "well, it is written in Quran",.. I've seen muslim women covering their heads, and they are comfortable with it and they feel joy doing so, so why not for me too as Christian woman when it is crystal clear small commandment in the Bible....

Now it feels joyful to do head covering after months of thinking about it, and for my short stay on earth...

2018/4/13 13:01
savannah

Re: Head Covering

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

2018/4/13 13:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Praise Jesus!

2018/4/13 13:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Good for you Evangeline.

2018/4/13 15:10Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Hi Evangeline, this topic has been covererd extensively on SI over the years and we have many good resources here.

By the way, I support your view.

2018/4/13 15:24Profile

Re:

God bless you for your obedience to Jesus sister. Also please pray for those dear Muslim women that you have contact with. Please pray that Jesus would open their heart to respond to him.

Hope you have an opportunity to plant seeds in your conversations with them.

Blaine

2018/4/13 16:08
Keylla

Brazil

Re:

Hi sister. PLease check the following link..It is a Watchman Nee's text about covering the head.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=38109

In Jesus
Keylla 🌸

2018/4/13 18:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
God bless you for your obedience to Jesus sister. Also please pray for those dear Muslim women that you have contact with. Please pray that Jesus would open their heart to respond to him.

Amen. God may be opening doors to give a powerful strong witness to that muslim lady.

2018/4/14 6:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

God bless you, Evangeline. I also wear a head covering and doing so has provided me with many opportunities to witness. People out there seem to assume you have a straight ticket to the throne of God when you wear a head covering! Strangers will come up and ask you to pray for them, or they may ask you "why?" I love this opportunity to witness. Knowing I am pleasing the LORD with this public acknowledgement of his headship gives me a lot of security knowing his angels are caring for me.

God bless you, my dear.

Sandra

2018/4/14 11:02Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Wow! I am really amazed at all the positive responses on this thread! <3 :)

God bless you, Evangeline!

2018/4/14 11:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy