SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Speaking The Word Brings Increase

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But there is no actual example that I know of.

The only actual examples are not prayers at all.

2018/3/11 13:11Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

@Brother Todd

Ohhh ok, I see what you’re saying now about that- sorry I misunderstood:/

Re: the scriptural exhortations tho... they do say to pray for that, no?
In other words how does the passage quoted from James fit with what you are saying regarding “ the Lord willing”?

2018/3/11 13:52Profile
TrueWitness

Re: praying if it be thy will

Now if you are praying for guidance and direction it is appropriate to ask God to close doors He doesn't want you to go through and open doors He does want you to go through. So if you are unsure about something, yeah, pray about the matter with the attitude "if it be thy will". But Jesus gave us authority over sickness and to cast out devils. We don't need to ask if that is His will. So pray with authority and faith.

-Daniel

2018/3/11 14:42Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Daniel that is along the lines of what I was thinking.

And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.
Acts 4:29-31

I like that kind of praying.

2018/3/11 15:19Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

@Brother Todd

Ok so just to be clear, if you personally pray for someone to be healed and they are not,... is that (in your understanding) because it wasn’t God’s will or due to a deficiency in either your faith or theirs ?

Again not trying to be contentious- rather seeking to understand what you are saying-
And thank you dear brother for your continued patience with me:)

2018/3/11 16:01Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I accept that not everyone is healed- and that it is Gods will sometimes.

However, I do also believe that lack of faith or lack of power in prayer can also result is someone not being healed.

If I did not believe that then I would see no purpose whatsoever in praying.

2018/3/11 16:16Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

@brother Todd,

Your explanation is greatly appreciated!

Was thinking you might be saying that but wanted to be sure so thank you again for entertaining my prodding- just didn’t want to put words in your mouth :)

FTR: this is very much in line with my understanding on the subject of faith/prayer/proclamation/healing.

2018/3/11 16:45Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

When you strip away the the formulaic/autonomy from W.O.F and your strip away the self-agenda/my-own-kingdom-willing from prayer, faith, healing, confession and declaration you begin to enter into a way of living out the faith of God with the faith God has given. Things begin to change in terms of answered prayer.

It's really a blessed thing to learn from one another how God answers prayers of faith, he stirs our hearts to ask and believe for impossible things to be overcome. I believe this is exactly what Jesus is teaching in the gospels.

It's a great thing to recover a Christian faith/living that has been hijacked by false teachers or errant teachers and twisted up to suit their own ends. When God's word is regained and faith in God is again restored, we may live out the truth knowledgeable of the ditches on either side of God's truth; we are then watchful for errors that can push us to one side or the other and can openly corrected it and stay the course.

We are able to declare the word of God without falling into presumption. We are able to believe for healing without being enamored with the 'man of power' because such power is evident in us and other believers around us. We are able to believe for and receive the miraculous from God without thinking we need the 'man of power' CD's, books or ministry.

It is a joy to me, when my brothers and sisters live in accordance with the word with a demonstrable witness of God's answered prayers. I joy when dependence upon the man of power for the hour is shifted towards a faith-dependence upon Christ...because they have learned to receive from the Spirit of God themselves for what God is doing in and through their own lives. These are no longer spectators or mere readers of the miraculous but have become recipients and partakers of God's gifts.

What are the tell-tale signs I look for? It's vernacular for one and the clear testimony of faith in operation receiving from God.
You see relationship "Jesus spoke to me, so I believed him to act"; "Faith rose in my heart and God answered right there"; "God gave me in that moment wisdom and knowledge, therefore I believed and received"

God is not a 3rd party to working the word, using the force of faith, confession to obtain and other such vernacular.
I see God initiating, God speaking, God empowering, God equipping, God encouraging so we speak or pray or act or serve because the Spirit of God authors the words and actions. Our faith and His empowering, our trusting and his
revealing are normative and truly demonstrate our living faith...something no other religion can come close too.

Praise the Lord for everyone believing God's word and living out the words of the apostles.

2018/3/11 18:42Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Jesus said that believers would lay hands on the sick and they would recover. Jesus gave believers the authority and power to heal the sick (Matt. 10:1,8 Mark !6:16-18)

2018/3/12 19:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.
Acts 4:29-31

Amen, we do not want to throw out the baby with the bath water! God has given each of us faith in accordance with giftings of the Holy Spirit. What a terrible thing if we as disciples of Jesus Christ could never speak an authoritative word from God, cast out a demon or ever pray and see someone healed. It is wonderful that the Book of Acts is for us today, it is the same God working in our midst. But we must never treat God or His Holy Spirit as something we can use and manipulate at our own will. We must be humble and be servants waiting to hear the voice of God to pray for someone, heal someone.

2018/3/12 19:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy