SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Who can find... godly friends?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Who can find... godly friends?

"...there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." ~ Proverbs 18:24

But where can we find such friends?
Think of David and Jonathan (their heartfelt love is so amazing that it really moves me sometimes when I read 1 Samuel 20:41) - see what David says of his friend: "thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women." Amazing!

Think of Daniel and his three friends! How did they even met, how did they become friends? I don't know... but they could fight together in prayer, encourage one another in the way of righteousness. "Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions:That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon."

Who can find... godly friends?!

2017/9/29 16:09Profile

Re: Who can find... godly friends?

Oh God is amazing, this thread is very timely.. Because I feel discourage of not finding a sold out radical christian friend.. the professing christian friends I met are Lukewarm and I see that they are living for this world :'(

2017/9/29 17:11
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I don't have one christian friend I can talk to presently... consider yourselves blessed if you have even one. It's really tough without fellowship. Sometimes when I talk to other professing christians it's like I am speaking another language. Pretty much all I care about is reaching the lost, talking about the Word etc. Everything else is just meaningless...

2017/9/30 0:37Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by drifter
by drifter on 2017/9/30 0:37:50

I don't have one christian friend I can talk to presently... consider yourselves blessed if you have even one. It's really tough without fellowship. Sometimes when I talk to other professing christians it's like I am speaking another language. Pretty much all I care about is reaching the lost, talking about the Word etc. Everything else is just meaningless...

When I first moved to Tennessee, I had no one to talk to either, I did have family. But on and off for 15 years I prayed for "one" good friend, just one. Then I started going to this one church and I met 3 other women who also came from other churches and it was like God had to orchestrate everyone being there at the same time! Suddenly, I had three wonderful friends.

And that was 15 years ago that we all met. Two are now gone but through the years God has been faithful to add another two! He is so good.

Drifter, pray on and God will provide.

God bless,
Lisa

2017/9/30 7:29Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

"Oh God is amazing, this thread is very timely.. Because I feel discourage of not finding a sold out radical christian friend..."

Don't be discouraged...wait expectantly and prayerfully :) God is able! :)

When the Lord first called me out of darkness I was living alone in Los Angeles and had no Christian friends and no local church....knew absolutely no one who shared the same convictions among other people who were Christians.

Can recall being on my knees in apartment, asking God to please cross my paths with others who were His true children, true disciples of Jesus in these last days...

Can testify that over the next year He not only miraculously answered these petitions by guiding me to one forever friend and sister in Christ, but then after I moved back to the east coast He answered in a way that exceeded all I could have ever imagined at that time..and in ways that that showed His fingerprints for His glory.

He continues to answer those prayers even now.

Its worth waiting for Him :)

Also though i do bless the Lord even for those lonely times with no human fellowship in Christ as it caused me to seek Him in prayer and in His word in special ways.

Edited.

2017/9/30 8:30Profile

Thank You, followthelamb...

Thank you so much followthelamb for the encouragement... :)

2017/9/30 14:14
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Esther: That friend that sticketh closer than a brother is Jesus. I too have been in the place in life where I had no earthly friend to fit that description. It is in that time that THE friend is your companion. And, He will be the one that connects you with likeminded brothers and sisters.

2017/9/30 19:14Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by emestiu
Oh God is amazing, this thread is very timely.. Because I feel discourage of not finding a sold out radical christian friend.. the professing christian friends I met are Lukewarm and I see that they are living for this world :'(

The friends the Lord gave me are not what you would probably call radical or sold out Christians. They have turned out to be the faithful nonetheless.

One good friend of 12 years came out of the closet as a liberal Democrat after this last election and my head was spinning because I was like, "Why did I never see this before?" lol

Evangeline, Proverbs 18:24 says, "A man who has friends must himself be friendly," and I have found that to apply to me in the Lord sending me friends.

Proverbs 27:17 also says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."

Molding people takes years, has the Lord finished molding you? Perhaps some of the people the Lord would like to send your way need someone like you in their life as a solid loving example.

Look at it this way, these unknown future friends will certainly have to accept you as their friend also, your beliefs, your ways and your opinions as well as you accepting theirs. It's a two way street!

God bless you in this journey,
Lisa

Edited

2017/10/1 5:53Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Thank you all for the responses! It seems to me that it turns out to be right the saying that friends are a gift from God. This is what a sister in Christ told me long ago.

Travis: I agree with you. But do you mean that I should not expect from a fellow believer to be so close? And I can well imagine that your wife/husband could be your best friend.

Yet it is true that Jesus is THE best friend -

... was reminded of that video: https://youtu.be/lb95DZLUC2s

Blessings,

2017/10/1 10:30Profile
EAGLEFLYING

In reply to your post.
Jesus as quoted earlier has to be our best friend
He alone is..."... a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." ~ Proverbs 18:24
However as I journey with JESUS..Like Abraham I have got to know God as my Father, Friend and Judge.
I have learned to let God send Godly women in my life. some men..
Mostly women and I am thankful to say they will call me out and I can call them out to make each of us accountable for our walk, giftings. and to help each other grow more like Him.
. I have learned that character is over gifting and to let the LORD choose my close circle.
If Jesus is our center He will choose our circle.
Press in to prayer and let the Holy Spirit choose your friend. They are necessary on the journey.
In JESUS
Sister Frannie

2017/10/1 21:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy