SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Disaster Upon Disaster

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Duplicate post

2017/9/10 8:51Profile

Re:

I was asked why am I preaching the message of judgment and repentance to the saved. That is if my posts can be construed as preaching. The answer is that the so-called professing saved in America need to repent. Judgment begins with the household of God and God will judge his people. I've put the verses supporting this in a previous post.

The church in America is under judgement. That is because we have failed to judge ourselves and come to repentance before God. Paul writes in 1st Corinthians 11:10-11,

••• But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world.•••

God has judged his church in America and she has been found lacking. The hurricanes that are striking the mainland of this country and the other judgments that will soon follow are ordained by God. They have one goal in mind and that is to bring His people to repentance. These judgments cannot be prayed away. Maybe repented away but not prayed away. These judgments are decreed by God and they are designed to bring the church to repentance.

Repentance means turning away from our sins and turning toward the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance means living apart from this world through the cross of Jesus Christ.

Many of you in this forum think that I am of a callous heart and do not care for the people in Houston or in Florida. I have intercessors in both of those cities and my heart goes out for them as well as for their families. I have friends in Houston. A lot of our Persecution Watch calls have been taken up praying for those in Houston and Florida that God would protect them and meet their needs. So others and myself care very much what is happening to those who are in Houston and Florida.

But the most sobering thing we have to pray about in the midst of these judgments is that God will bring his church to repentance. In a forum that promotes genuine Christ-centered biblical revival. in a forum that has messages on repentance by men such as David Wilkerson and A. W. Tozer. This should not be a difficult topic to bring up on this board. Yet this is a topic that is despised by many. By many who profess to be saved in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I came on sermon index around 2010. I was not involved in the forum when Greg first started it. But I go back and look at some of those earlier threads and there was more serious discussion on repentance that would lead to revival. But this forum is a microcosm of the American Church. Has he church has left the sobriety of the things of Christ so has this forum.

If a poster wants to open up a thread on his testimony of a flat Earth. Then so be it as this seems to be the superficiality of where many in this forum are going

But personally I do not have time to play games given the urgency of the hour. I will speak on those matters that concern heaven and hell and the eternal state of one's soul. And this will not be popular with many. But then popularity is something I take to the cross and crucify.

Therefore I would rather stand with God and be judged by this forum than stand with this forum and be judged by God.

The hurricanes that are coming up on this nation are ordained by God. They are ordained by God to bring his church in America to repentance. The solar eclipse was ordained by God as his means of judgment upon the nation. I cannot help but think that we are already entering the tribulation. As such things are not going to get better but they're going to get increasingly worse until the time of the return of Jesus. Grace has run out for this nation. Even a revival will not turn back the hand of God's judgment upon the American church.

Yes America has been judged. But more importantly the church in America has been judged and she has been found wanting. Unless we repent the church in America will be cut off. Though God will always have a faithful remnant. The sobering question we need to ask ourself is are we of that remnant. The solution to the disasters is for us to repent. For his Jesus said in Luke 13 unless you repent you will likewise perish. I will put myself in that and say unless we repent we will likewise perish.

Jesus teaches in Matthew and Luke that only a few are going to be saved. We are described to enter through the narrow gate. For many will try to enter and will not be able to. This is not a salvation of works but these are the words of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. We must cry out to God and ask him for the grace and the help of the Holy Spirit to enable us to live a repentant lifestyle. And that can only come through camping at the foot of the cross of Jesus.

Again let us take the words of Jesus too heart. Unless we repent we will likewise perish.

Bro Blaine

2017/9/10 16:12
savannah

Re: tribulation and judgments

Bear,

Please elaborate on the following,

"The hurricanes that are striking the mainland of this country and the other judgments that will soon follow are ordained by God."

(specifically, if you would please, elaborate on this, "...the other judgments that will soon follow...") - What other judgments and how soon will they follow?

You also said,

"I cannot help but think that we are already entering the tribulation."

Are you saying, we are entering the tribulation?

I would just like to have some clarity as to what you are, and what you are not saying.

Thanks

2017/9/10 16:32Profile
savannah

Re: proofreading

Todd,

You began your post with these words,

"I have read this post carefully."

You then went on to accuse the man of believing about God that which he does not. You must have missed what he said toward the end of what he wrote. It is very clearly stated what he believes. Read it for yourself,

"All good is from God; all evil is from the sinner himself."

Maybe in the future you should read posts even more carefully.

2017/9/11 14:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It is this statement that I cannot reconcile:

"All second causes are under the unceasing and sovereign control of the First. "

By First I assume he means God since it is capitalized.

2017/9/11 15:22Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I agree these storms, earthquakes, fires are all part of God's judgments and messaging the Church and our Country.
That message needs some filtering through the Church who mixes the judgments of God with the offer of the gospel.

It's also important (as another brother has already eloquently spoke) that differences of opinion do not constitute rebellions, arrogance or mocking. Its does mean that there are more things to consider than the strong assertions made by some who conclude some disagreement is tantamount to God-resistance.

The Church can be guilty of a great deal of sins and failures and those faithful watchmen who warn of corrections and punishments do rightly to the Church. Yet, do not think for a moment those who are born of God are somehow cast off merely because they do not see something as clearly as a watchman does. (Granting they are being a faithful watchman). It takes some humility, care and concern for the Church in the form of gentleness to those who do not discern what a watchman sees and do not understand all that an experienced and obedient believer knows. If you are going to be a watchman do not forget your first duty to love the believers as you love yourself. This means patience not even stronger and bolder claims. This means carefully resisting the temptation to condemn others who on the surface resist what you're saying. This also means consider their fearfulness, their perplexity...and remember you too must submit yourself to them as you require them to submit to you.
We have a great opportunity to show what watchman are and what benefit they can be to others. Do not spoil it with what you think is a prophetic action when its very doubtful such actions represent Christ.
There are some who love to represent Christ with the whip and cord driving out the money changers...just as there are some who tenderly forgive the adulteress and let them go without a rebuke.
Concentrate on what it means to bear the cross to your brothers and sisters, not just bearing the "burden of the Lord" where you have a woeful message to give.

Old testament prophets are gone, and I mean gone never to return. There are new testament prophets who function in accordance with new testament revelation and realization that the people they are charged to speak too are also loved, treasured, called, justified and delivered.
If you mistakenly venture into old testament prophetic imitation...believe me it will be simply an imitation of what is true without being true.
Guard your spirit, set a watch over your own mouth and do not think that because you can string together some woeful passages seemly corresponding to our current events that you are hearing the spirit of God and have a message for the Church. There is far more to being a prophet of God than merely attacking falsehood and naming some way-ward preachers; God's character is a part of God's message in a prophet or a watchman remember that Character is illustrated by Christ and its Him we are following.

2017/9/11 20:40Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Brother Greg locked the flat earth thread, can we all just pray this one will be next, in Jesus name!

2017/9/11 20:47Profile
savannah

Re: reconciliation

Todd,

Please tell me what or who is NOT under God's control. I know from the book of Job that Satan is under His control. Again, is there anything or anyone that is NOT under God's control?

And also,

Re:  sinners and circumstances; can God,

1)Kill
2)Prevent
3)Turn
4)Change
5)Control

I ask, if your child were drowning, and I stood by the pool and watched, and your child drowned, when I, a good swimmer was very capable of rescuing your child, what would you think of me?

Many such scenarios might be brought forward to negate your logic in assuming that one makes God to be "directly responsible for the most horrid evils..." if He does not intervene when He is very capable of doing so. Your only answer could be one of two, or both;

1) God is not all loving
2) God is not all powerful

I await your reply.

2017/9/11 21:02Profile

Re: God's Mercy on the Midst of the Storns

••• Now on the same occasion there were some present who reported to Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.  And Jesus said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate?  "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.  "Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem?  "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish." •••Luke 13:1-5

Above Jesus describes two events where lives were lost. In both of these events Jesus said do you think that these were greater sinners because they suffered this fate. He says "no" but unless you repent you will likewise perish. 

Two events that happened during the time of Jesus resulted in a loss of life. But because lives were lost they were not greater sinners than those whose lives were not lost. The message that Jesus is communicating... Unless you repent you will likewise perish.

Both Houston and Florida were hit by nassive Category 5 hurricanes. Why were these areas singled out by God for this devastation?  Were these areas worst sinners than all of the other areas that God could have chosen?  Why were not Los Angelas or Las Vegas, or New York City, singled out for devastation.  I cannot understand why God chose Florida and Texas for hurricane devastation as opposed to other cities that were worst sinners. But the message of God is clear... Unless you repent you will likewise perish.

Given the massive strength of these storms, particularly hurricane Irma. It is a wonder that there was not a greater loss of life. And for that we praise God.  And grieve and pray for those that did lose loved ones in these storms.

But there is a mercy here. God could have easily used these storms to bring about a greater casualty in human fatalities. But in these two storms God was being merciful in communicating His message to the American evangelical church. The message is...Unless you repent you will likewise perish.

The fact that the storms moved slowly on Florida is indicative of God being slow to anger. This is indicative of God's mercy that there was not a greater loss of human life. Certainly one life taken in the storms is one life too many. But the fact God in His mercy did not have a higher body count should be indicative of His nercy to the church.  And in His mercy He wants the church to repent. That is He wants the American church to turn to Him in repentance and forsake their sins. And come back to faith in Jesus Christ.

I stand amazed that truly this is God remembering mercy in the midst of His wrath.  This is God in His nercy triumphing over judgement.

But how will the American church respond.  Will it be going back to business as usual. Once the cleanup starts. Will it be hitting the snooze alarm and going back to sleep. Will it be going back to the same old same old.

Or will it be that the church wIll awaken and go to deeper prayer and repenting and returning to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Right now Hurricane Jose is looping in the Atlantic.  It is not expected to do anything until this coming Friday. Could it be that for a time God is sparing this hurricane from hitting the mainland to see what the response of the church will be? Could it be that God is waiting for the response of the American church to see if she will repent and forsake her sin?

Will the church in America repent and turn back to the Lord Jesus Christ? Or will the American church and those in this forum continue to mock and scoff at what God is doing? That is what God is doing in His judgments through the storms.

God has spoken. Are we listening? And how will we respond?

Posted with utmost sobriety.

Bro Blaine 

2017/9/12 6:34
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster said...Will the church in America repent and turn back to the Lord Jesus Christ? Or will the American church and those in this forum continue to mock and scoff at what God is doing? That is what God is doing in His judgments through the storms.

God has spoken. Are we listening? And how will we respond?

Bear, I'm guessing you to are a member of that same American Church, unless God has put you on a throne of some kind. You're also included in this forum, so are you also mocking and scoffing at what God is doing? this is the way I'm receiving your message since you've painted your thoughts with such a wide brush. God has spoken? spoken to who, you? He hasn't spoken to me about this at all, why would he not tell me the same? do you have some sort of dedicated hot line to God, by the way if God spoke to all of us the same, he would just put you in charge of delivering the message to all the rest of us, has he spoken to you and given you that authority?

God has a will for all of his children,this is probably why he hasn't spoken to me about all this, he wants me to focus on him rather than these common disasters, that old slue foot wants to use to take my focus off God. Mr. Bear, maybe you need to get yourself a narrower brush, unless God told you to call us members of SI mockers and scoffers, I don't know about the rest, but if God told you specifically to tell you to call me this, please let me know, so I can be in prayer about this.

2017/9/12 10:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy