SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is a male of more value than a female?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: civility

You expressed that you took offense, therefore an apology was due you.

If any others take offense, they may make it known to me and I'd gladly offer the same to them as I have you.

Re: "What I don't know is that do they do it fully intentionally or are they blinded to see certain truths."

They're intent upon teaching others their per-versions of what God hath said. And Jesus never asked or wondered whether teachers were teaching false doctrine intentionally or from blindness. He simply said that they're blind, and if the blind lead the blind both will fall in the ditch.

We're not told to first find out why they are doing what they are doing.

As Jesus was, so must we be, about our Father's business.

2016/7/17 1:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
by Tozsu on 2016/7/17 0:31:25

Thanks savannah, but someone else should get your apology.

Tozsu, I too, thought it was childish, so took no offense and require no apology. Someone else on SI does the same on quite a regular basis obviously hoping I take offense. So far I have not and I continue to converse with them. We should not be easily provoked (1 Cor. 13:5).

I would change my screen name to a woman's name but would not receive as much respect, then. Yes, patriarchy is alive and well in some corners of SI.

2016/7/17 1:15
savannah

Re: patriarchy

Tell me J...what offense do you take to this;

Patriarchy (from Greek: Patria meaning father and arché meaning rule)

Please keep with its plain meaning without distortion.

Then also these verses without adding any distortion, but as they are written in their purity;

One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man knoweth not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)... Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children, and their own houses well. 1 Timothy 3

Also Genesis 18:19 from my other post.

2016/7/17 1:32Profile

Re: civility

I guess you are right.
I was doing "the Father's business" in an other thread a couple days ago, the only problem was that I forgot to involve the Father in it. It looked like it was the Father's business but in fact it was my business out of frustration and for revenge. The funny thing is that while I was doing it I was not aware of the nature of my efforts. I felt like a warrior for truth. I don't think I propagated falsehood but 100% lacked God's love in it.

2016/7/17 1:39
savannah

Re: Word of God or word of J

J you wrote,

"Christian women living in the urban areas should pursue any education and desires that the Lord has given them and gifted them with. We don't just need godly influence from men in the business marketplace but also from Christian women."

"If a woman is not married, living in urban areas, she will need to develop skills and gain education to support herself and others until she meets her future husband if that ever happens. She may also need to take care of her mother and father but with what does she do this if her parents are not well off? There are just as many reasons that a woman should be able to support herself as there is for a man to be able to support himself."

Please furnish us with The Word of God in its context to support such thinking. Or is it that God is neutral or has not spoken clearly or at all concerning the words you say above. Or isn't it even necessary in your opinion that you back what you say with God's Word.

2016/7/17 1:48Profile
savannah

Re: God's love

Tozsu, you say...

"I don't think I propagated falsehood but 100% lacked God's love in it."

So after you examined yourself you came to the above conclusion!

Yes, I'd say that is sad indeed. But thank God He, in His faithfulness revealed that lack.

I am reminded of 1 John 5:3

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome.

2016/7/17 2:00Profile

Re: Word of God or word of J

I don't see anything wrong with that quote.

Acts 15:28-29King James Version (KJV)

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

2016/7/17 2:12
savannah

Re: I don't see anything wrong

Tozsu,

Did you not say that you are a simple person!

So,because you see nothing wrong with that quote, then there's nothing wrong with it right!

You quote Acts with no context whatsoever. You may have missed my request for context from the Word of God addressing this subject.

But maybe you'd like to try again.

2016/7/17 2:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
by savannah on 2016/7/17 1:32:22

Tell me J...what offense do you take to this;

Patriarchy (from Greek: Patria meaning father and arché meaning rule)

Please keep with its plain meaning without distortion.

Then also these verses without adding any distortion, but as they are written in their purity;

One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man knoweth not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)... Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children, and their own houses well. 1 Timothy 3

Also Genesis 18:19 from my other post.

I take no offense to 1 Tim 3.

2016/7/17 2:31

Re:

Quote:
by savannah on 2016/7/17 1:48:45

J you wrote,

"Christian women living in the urban areas should pursue any education and desires that the Lord has given them and gifted them with. We don't just need godly influence from men in the business marketplace but also from Christian women."

"If a woman is not married, living in urban areas, she will need to develop skills and gain education to support herself and others until she meets her future husband if that ever happens. She may also need to take care of her mother and father but with what does she do this if her parents are not well off? There are just as many reasons that a woman should be able to support herself as there is for a man to be able to support himself."

Please furnish us with The Word of God in its context to support such thinking. Or is it that God is neutral or has not spoken clearly or at all concerning the words you say above. Or isn't it even necessary in your opinion that you back what you say with God's Word.

I see nothing in the Word of God that would deny a Christian woman taking care of herself and her loved ones as the Lord leads her. I see nothing in the Word of God that prevents a Christian woman from pursuing advanced education or skills in order to support herself if she has no one else who can. And I see nothing in God's Word that prevents a Christian woman from pursuing advanced skills and education even if she is being cared for financially.

In Christ, why does pursuing education and skills have to be about gender? I see nothing in the NT that divides along these lines.

2016/7/17 2:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy