SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Youtube Bans Movie Chased

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I posted this on page 1 of the thread- here it is again:
-------------
Hateful content
Our products are platforms for free expression. But we don't support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line
--------

2016/3/17 10:43Profile

Re:

??? But that clearly wasn't what was going on. And since anyone who can read would know it's a possible reenactment for the sake of awareness of Christian persecution from real stories.

I listened to the maker of the film being interviewed. They did this on just $13,000 of donations. They brought in real anonymous persecuted believers too to confirm & verify the reality, but in a possible modern American (not futuristic, but NOW, if this happened in America TODAY, as an analogy). As one example, The scene where the parents were shot was from a true story in Eritrea.

These young people at an AOG church had NEVER BEFORE made a film (which is astounding based on how good the film production was). You hear the young man's heart & it was intended just as I took it. I am even more impressed now than I was when I watched it. His heart was to use a hypothetical analogy to bring awareness to the persecuted church world round & to make people consider Jesus' words to "Count the cost", "lay down your life", etc.

He said that YouTube flagged it & none of the film violates any of their community guidelines. There's no possible Copyright infringement issues. There's no gratuitous violence (only implied, the other worldly stuff on YouTube is WAY WAY worse). There's no nudity, profanity, etc. They have a list of community standards, but NOTHING in this film even comes close to an infraction of what is expressly stated whatsoever.

He went through the appeal process assuming some computer made the automatic decision, but that clearly was not the case. Film was re reviewed & they have upheld their ban! However, what the devil intends for bad, God means for good. The controversy around the ban actually caused them to get more looks than they would have otherwise. And they put it on Vimeo. The irony is that the film is an analogy about Christianity being outlawed in America, & it then it was, in reality, banned on YouTube in America. Wow. That feels like realtime prophetic irony to me. You may think that is "crying wolf" or "fear-mongering", or "sensationalism", but just tell me then WHY DID THEY BAN IT? Give me one real, other/different, reasonable, explainable & supportable by fact reason???? You can't, cause there isn't one & YouTube won't provide one & are doubling down.

Call that what you want. I like the movie & the maker even better now after hearing Josh Troaster interviewed. And he wasn't "wanting to jump to conclusions" or make declarative statements (he was VERY careful & unassuming), & he is just happy that the Lord is getting the message out through whatever means He deems fit & has allowed. God Bless him! He won't say it plainly (out of grace & humility), but I will: they banned a film about Christian persecution in a form of Christian persecution. May God raise more young men & women unashamed & with God's heart for the persecuted brethren world round, for the Body here in America & abroad, & for God's Name to be great & proclaimed in the earth!

2016/3/17 14:41
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I liked the movie as well. Very well done.

What would you say if the film depicted Shiites persecuting Sunnis (or vice versa) and YouTube banned it?

2016/3/17 14:53Profile

Re:

The only POSSIBLE even thing they could have even been able to have been using in their standards was "hate speech", but the message tells what it's about: awareness & protection of the speech & practice of persecuted Christians.

The same YouTube that allows ISIS to show Christians being fully beheaded & let it fly/roll. What? The hypocrisy. But you think that's sensationalism? Really. Aren't you a lawyer? Doesnt the preponderance of evidence of pure facts over and over and over eventually convince of Jury of peers that guilty as charged is guilty as charged?

Just like how when Dallas Holms' classic song was played on Pandora called "I will rise again", it was prompted with a warning/disclaimer from Pandora saying "some people may find this song offensive...we do not necessarily agree with or promote the message of this song..."

2016/3/17 14:53

Re:

Interesting to me that at the same time you're asking that question to post it (unbeknownst to me), I'm making the exact point. YouTube was ISIS' platform and those are REAL ACTUAL GRATUITIUS murders for the sake of actual, real hate. Not a reenactment/analogy CLEARLY for the purpose of awareness to it.

It's like saying the reenactment shows of child abduction/trafficking to bring awareness to stop it ARE WORSE than video/films of ACTUAL REAL
ANDUCTION/TRAFFICKING/CHILD SLAVERY? Say what?

2016/3/17 14:56

Re:

Jeff where was the interview of Josh Troaster done. I would like to listen to it.

Bro Blaine

2016/3/17 15:38
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Don't get all excited- just trying to come with a reason it was banned when they allow a huge amount of Christian content. The banning of the film based on it being about Christians is not consistent with the allowing of other overtly Christian content. Now if they started banning all Christian content then it would be a major issue obviously.

2016/3/17 16:04Profile

Re:

Ooohkaay. Talk about irony of ironies. Interview with Josh Troaster is done by Trunews. Trunews interview is posted on YouTube. Interview being done with the producer of "Chased" which is banned on YouTube.

Gooo figure.

Bro Blaine

2016/3/17 16:05

Re:

Sure, but this touches on something specific. A lot of the "expression of Christianity" can be watered down or lacks/removes the offense of the cross in some way. The better question isn't "why wasn't other stuff removed?" But "Why WAS this removed?" And YouTube just sites inappropriate content. Trust me, there are ALOT more "Inappropriate content" things on YouTube than this video. I know in parts of Europe, Canada, etc. that the full unadulterated preaching of the full counsel of scripture can be "hate speech crimes" if it offends homosexuals, Muslims, etc. even if it's true

2016/3/17 16:50

Re:

Jeff to put it simply brother. Satan did not want the truth of this video to get out. Thus it was banned on YouTube. But thankfully posted on Vimero.

Also as others have pointed out. The controversy surrounding the film is actually creating more viewing. Thus what the devil meant for evil. God is turning it for good.

Brother as usual, simply my thoughts.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/17 17:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy