SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : prayers for Nick Flynn

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: neilgin

i would like to ask Neilgin a question,did Jesus not say to Mary the prostitute "go and sin no more"{again before Jesus died for our sins}....Brother i do hope you are not implying something;xxxx

Also would like to point out that the New testament,the word Backsliding has not been mentioned again,....This was because Jesus died for our sins ,its over!!!
And how can a christian backslide if Christ lives in them? Are you not saying that the lord backslides too?
He lives in us there is no seperation, Jesus sorted that one out for us when he died on the cross? Or am i wrong! please let me know if Jesus did or did not Died for us? Because i Know in my Spirit He did,This IS the Truth and you all know that in your head but do you really Know this in your Siprit?.....I pray that the Lord will open new door ways into your spirit that will get you shouting his Name at the highest point!....All i have done is said wonderful things about the Lord! please read 1THESS5:18 and let me know your thoughts.......Give THANKS in ALL THINGS for THIS IS WILL OF GOD FOR YOU in JESUS CHRIST!x

I do not praise satan.....GOD is the one in control and i give thanks for EVERYTHING the LORD throws at me ,its not the devils work ,its GODS work...satan is used by GOD for GODS purpose only ,and whenever you think something bad has happened Who Do You Thank?The Lord who asked you to thank HIM for all THINGS or satan?

I Love all who have questioned my Life,and i will say again,I AM working for GOD ,doing his will and if you open your hearts and spirits the Holy Spirit will show you that this is not sin for i cannot sin if CHRIST is my LIFE!

please lets praise God for this wonderful Life he has given us xxx :-)

2005/5/24 6:59

Re:

Quote:
marina,there isn't one person here who agrees with you.

yes this is true but you did not say GOD does not agree with me,only human beings!
and i know in my spirit GOD is working in me for HIS purpose and is not against me!

2005/5/24 7:05
dohzman

Re:

1Jn1:8 If we say that we have no sin we are decieving our selves and the truth isnot in us. vs9 if we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness./1Jn2:1-3 note verse 3 / 1Jn2:28 Now little children abide IN HIM.....please read 1Jn3:1-10 Please note---you talk much about Jesus in You, the bigger question is Are YOU in Jesus. You see, The Lord doesn't move or change and as such we are commanded to abide, walk in the light as He is in the light ect...A picture of living in a house is a decent enough example. We can at anytime leave but that doesn't mean the house will go with us. Young lady, I seen your senerio sooooo many times, I've given myself in fasting and prayer for ones like you sooo often and watched the results and pain of heart ache more than I now want to recall. The palmist prays that he would walk in the fear of the Lord ALL the Day...That lets me know that as free moral people we have a chioce to walk in the fear of God, Our Father Loves us so much He gave us free choice. I'll leave you with this, it's from Jesus' to you: "IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS AND I WILL COME TO YOU AND RECIEVE YOU UNTO MYSELF".

2005/5/24 8:20Profile
moreofHim

Re: backsliding and sin

Marina, I have backslided or went back on my faith before. I did that for a number of years- late high-school through my twenties. I claimed to be "saved" yet ran my life the way I wanted.

Even now that i am right with the Lord and am surrendered to Him, I still end up sinning sometimes and MUST repent. Just because Jesus lives in me, has not made me perfect yet. My flesh still wants to sin. Yes, we have jesus living in us, but we also have the flesh, or "self" still trying to live it's life in us also. Do not be decieved by the flesh.

A good book to read on it is Watchman Nee's "The Normal Christian Life". It explains this very well. This doctrine that you have learned somewhere is not right.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,* [b]who do not walk according to the flesh[/b], but according to the Spirit." --Everyday we have to make a choice not to walk according to the flesh. It does not happen automatically.

This is also why Jesus said if we want to be His followers we must: [b]"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.[/b]

You see we must deny our "selves", our flesh, and carry our cross and follow after Jesus. This is not an automatic thing- it is a choice and done purposely.

In His love, chanin

2005/5/24 8:26Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:Questions

Marina,

There is much concern here, I do hope you will take it all to heart and consider...

Earlier on I had welcomed and encouraged what I had perceived was a wonderful ability to face adversity with the right spirit. And that very well may still be true, but... and perhaps misunderstood the fuller understanding of all that has since transpired and this was picked up on by some of the brethren here who's discernment is sharper.

Since you alluded to it somewhat and giving you the benefit of the doubt a hard question needs to be asked. There is a small and I do mean very small chance that you are able to keep yourself out of sin and in what the Lord has fully and unequivocally stated in scripture; Adultery.
This is a question only, but it must be answered if this is to be of any help whatsoever and do not want to make assumptions.

Have some real life experience very similar to the possibilities that you find yourself in and will share some of it here shortly. But there is much wisdom amongst these here and they are here to help and not condemn. But first, the question.

2005/5/24 8:35Profile

Re: crosscheck

hi ya,i do not think these people are against me,i love and bless them for their concerns...But i do not have any dought the Lord is not working in me for Nick,The Lord is working in ways in these last days that seem wrong to the mind,but in the spirit they are not wrong!Yes it may seem i have a security problem and i cannot let go of Nick!and yes living with him looks like sin!but seems and looks are of the flesh not the spirit.... if i had my way i would of got rid of Nick along time ago...but its not my way,its the Lords way ,so i perfer to listen to what my Father is saying to people who are concerned for me! because at the end of the day ,i am not here for ME i am here for others! if this is sin,then i must stop listening to GOD ....also i have asked questions about what others think about GIVING THANKS! and still you avoid the subject...is this not Gods words?

i am not upset by others concerns as i am in a place which is with the Lord!
The Lord Giveth And The Lord Taketh Away......
In all the years i have know the Lord he has shown me i can be at peace on my own,....at the moment i do not have that blissful happy life because i am dying for another!How can this be sin,us as christians know that our path is not easy and if i had to do it all again i would ,because the Lord asked me too,

my little girl was sexualy abused by her father when she was three!!!! This devastated me,but then the Lord assured me that this was his doing and i must GIVE THANKS IN ALL THINGS FOR THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOU IN JESUS CHRIST,
So i gave thanks then the Lord put me through some painful years,...there was no evidence that he had done this but the word of a three year old against her father,she had to be put through so much and in the end the judge decided that it would be supervised visits and then would have to go back to court six months later,......
How could i look after my daughter?What if had done this again?How can i live with myself if i let this man do it again?...These are a couple of questions that i was asking God!.....

Then he said "My child if you believe this is my will,i will promise i will keep her safe"....and i took a long time argueing with God about this ..How How How?

I then gave up argueing with him because it got me no where so i said "ok Lord i believe you will keep her safe"
two days before contact started between my daughter and her father,he phoned me saying he did not want to see her again!.....What father in their right mines would give up thier child,if he had not done this?
The Lord works in ways we can not argue with in these last days and i have been through thick and thin with the Lord!
I trust the Lords words and follow them,and i will only follow my father!
He has proved to this human being that things are sometimes not all they seem and i trust him on this....I have grown in the spirit and walk with him always i have no other way but HIM...AMEN xxx

2005/5/24 9:26

Re:

also i need to say one more thing....I bless and forgive my daughters father every day for the thing he had done"forgive him father for he does not know what he does"

yes to the eyes of others he sinned but to the father it was his work that brought my daughter to safety!......

GIVE THANKS IN ALL THINGS FOR THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOU IN JESUS CHRIST!1Thess 5:18

2005/5/24 9:38

Re: BACKSLIDING AND SIN

If Jesus died for you and now lives in you,GOD only sees the SON he does not see the flesh,that you own,God looks at your heart not yoour actions and im not saying you should go off a kill someone....But to GOD you are perfect because Jesus is without sin and he lives in you..... we have this battle daily between our soul and spirit,but the only real is spirit,you are living in your feelings and these are false to the Lord he does not recognise this part of you...
my dear brothers and sisters i am for the Lord only and yes the flesh still niggles me but then God takes a look at the person i am and sees only the son ,there is no seperation between myself and jesus we are ONE !!!!!X

2005/5/24 9:57
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
ps I dont go to church because i am the church

Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Are you in contridiction to scripture? This is one of the very roots of your deception.

Quote:
i did not say i was like Christ i said I AM Christ,there is a difference

Luk 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Paul never said "I am Christ." He said Christ lives in me. He was still Paul it was just Christ living in/through him. Paul was not Christ.

Quote:
GIVE THANKS IN ALL THINGS FOR THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOU IN JESUS CHRIST!1Thess 5:18

1Th 4:2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
1Th 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Th 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor;
1Th 4:5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
1Th 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
1Th 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
1Th 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his Holy Spirit.

Are these scriptures contridicting each other? No. They go together perfectly. His will is for you to live out of sin and fornication (and every apearence of sin) and to give thanks for all things.

2005/5/24 10:04Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Unequally yoked, the dangers there of

Will pre-empt this here a bit, having read your reply before this... Marina I can see the pain and cannot begin to even grapple with what you have described here, with your daughter.

There is a sense that you are not telling us everything here and you did dodge the question, perhaps it is none of our business, but because of the way this was originally presented here and the follow up and dialouge, it has largely brought up some exposing things. You must understand a few things here Marina.

First is the forum you are involved with here. These are serious saints by and large. We may have different denominational upbringings and quabble over secondary issues, wrestling with the text's of scripture, our understanding of the Lords leading, sharing our experiences and thoughts, opinions... But with all that and for the most part there is a heart to getting at the truth in sincerity, honesty, reality.

[i]Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.[/i]

Do not know if you have listened to any of the messages here and will come back and link to one that seems very fitting to all of this from David Wilkerson. But there is much that is very unsettling in your understanding of scripture and a very strange sense of allowing your feelings and emotions to over ride what is written. it is a dangerous sign of the times we live in and where much of the church is and has and will continue to lose it's moorings. This is not fundemantal, backwards, bible thumping, blissfully ignorant nor are we living in the dark ages. There is much wisdom that comes forth throught his site, from the messages and speakers to all the vast articles and sharing between the memebers here, of their experience, knowledge of scripture and life expereience walking with the Lord.

So it is a bit of a reach to make some assumptions from your part and on ours there is just as well perhaps some assumptions being made and that stems from your comments. There is a dearth of details missing here. What is your background? Where did you get your understanding of scripture? Were you brought up in or are a part of a specific denomination? Only ask that to try and clarify here. There is much by way of what you have said that does not square with an understanding of what scripture states, emphatically. It has a ring of cult like influence and that is not to make an accusation but you are not answering the questions being asked here and are trying to evade them by bringing forth all these very puzzling statements.

Quote:
God has brought me to you for a reason,And i will say again i have NO sin for I AM the LORD JESUS CHRIST and i died for those sins so if living with a married,alcoholic non christian man is a sin ,then what did Jesus die for all those years ago If sin is dead!......

All this flatly contradicts what is written in scripture and you yourself are very much confused to reconcile these opposing statements together. This only but an example and where to start is beyond me here. But still, will you answer the first question proposed earlier? It is the crux of the issue and being that you brought it forth by making mention of it, bluntly are you in bed with this man outside of marriage or not? My own confession follows below here, no need to fear, but will you be candid with us? And trying to spiritualize the issue is not going to help matters.

And secondly will you provide us with more details of just where you are coming from?

In the mean time here is some food for thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marina before the Lord apprehended me I was involved in what turned into a long term relationship with a women who I met and got involved with right smack in the middle of a separation and ultimately a divorce. It was one of the greatest upheavals and terrible times of my life.

I met her living in a complex where I had owned a condominium and 'they' lived literally across the street of the same. Had done repairs in their condo and even without knowing the Lord fully was brought up well enough, had enough 'church sense' if i may put it that way, to know better than to get involved as the two of them were in this messy quasi separation. Just as with yourself her husband was not only a heavy drinker, but also involved with other drugs, a dangerous concocment on top of the fact that he neither wanted a divorce and also they had there little boy who was about 18 months at the time.

Whatever little sense I had and despite the pleadings of those around me [i]warning[/i] me of what I was getting myself into... I allowed myself to 'fall in love' or lust or some combination thereof. Again, outside of the Lord. The hostility....You may never know what it is like to walk around day after day with a death threat upon you, whether it be merely assumed or otherwise. That her husband did not kill me is a miracle and the Lord very well must have had something else in mind, there is really no good reason otherwise that I sit here pushing these keys.

It got so bad, that to call the cops out was only a matter of her saying her name "It's_______" and they would come out. We were co habiting between the two places and he would often show up, hang out in the garage or come up and pound on the door or short of that would hop over the deck and come flying in through the sliding glass door. There was a time I got in the middle of the two and got flung against the wall with such force, and minus a large chunk of hair not to mention. Flying telephones and ashtrays, verbal screaming matches and breakin's and scheming and sinister plots, emotions always raging, disputes over their young boy... It was ugly and incredibly gutwretching and yet I stayed in it and had convinced myself that despite it all that I was doing right. I knew better in my core that I was living in sin... but I was in love. The other brutal reality was that despite her husbands shortcomings and problems, I was making it worse. I felt for him, because I was largely to blame. I had no business being with her while this was being settled out, it was a muddy mixture of compassion and love on the one hand, that of protecting her form her 'evil' husband and yet could not escape my own responsibility and the weight of carrying the fact that I may have been the hindrance to whatever possible reconciliation between them.

It took many years before we could come to grips with each other (myself and her husband). I dreaded him coming over for so long and a lot of that was just out of a combination of fear and more largely guilt. Despite the fact that lives moved on and perhaps the two of them were truly unevenly matched or not meant to be, however you want to look at it, it doesn't change the facts whatsoever. There is a very good reason for the warnings, for the damage that can result even for one that doesn't know the Lord. The times of anguish and crying out to God even though I knew Him not, to somehow allow myself to escape the situation. The relationship turned cold later on and I had a stubbornness or stick-to-it-tivenes that would not allow me to just up and walk away from it, it was 7 years of acting like I was married, in fact made the correlation that it was such, just short of the 'document'. But there was a child involved and had become a second 'dad' in a way with the realization and due respect to his natural father, despite all the hostilities and such.

Eventually it all came crumbling down, the way it ended a mystery and odd circumstances and accusations... Not necessary to go into it, but need to tell you that it was devastating. It was a 'divorce' in the truest sense, in the heart. To know the night I had to leave that I would likely be seeing my step-son for the last time... fell so heavily upon me that it was almost impossible to compose myself, to tell him that I had to leave for awhile, that we needed to have some time apart to figure things out. I knew then that I was only trying to soften the blow to him, that it was really now over.

Marina, to go back through all this is difficult and it is but an example of the possibilities, your situation not necessarily matching the content. but the issue is that unrepairable damage can result. Time heals, yes. The Lord has healed much, taught much, the whole disposition is of another sort altogether. But there is a chunk of the heart that is missing and will remain so. It is only upon reflection that the sting comes back, I miss the little man, he was a part of my life for a long, long time.

Hindsight is 20/20 and of course had I [i]listened[/i], had I known the Lord then there is no doubt that I would never had gotten myself involved in that way. Your situation is different surely, but you say that the Lord dwells in you, but He does not and will not contradict Himself, no matter what your feelings, emotions, imaginations or otherwise. You cannot change that which He has commanded, you cannot side step or make yourself an exception. Regardless of whether you are or are not in sin in this relationship, if you are living together you are setting yourself right smack into the middle of temptation, do not be fooled or deceived, God is not mocked and with all the love I can muster I say that, spare yourself the damage and repercussions. Please consider what all these saints are saying here, they watch out for your soul.

2005/5/24 10:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy