Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Compassion as a driving force in the church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Too many times the motive behind decisions made in churches is the desire to attract people and fill pews. Sometimes this is because of a desire for more income to fund programs. Sometimes it is because of a desire for bragging rights to being the biggest or best in town. Sometimes the motive is more pure than this, but the doctrine is all fowled up and it is believed that attendance, membership, and perhaps baptism secures salvation. Whatever the case, it leads to compromising the word of God and calling it compassion. But true compassion leads to the ministry of reconciliation. True compassion comes from the Truth Himself and in doing so leads to one speaking the truth in love with the end being repentance and transformation.

I find myself so often failing in the compassion of the Lord. I find myself being cold toward someone who needs something from God in a desperate way. I am often too busy to do what compassion demands and it is easier to be calloused than to be inconvenienced. Oh that God would impart to us His heart of compassion.

2015/8/16 6:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
A supernatural oneness is missing in the churches in America. Not among them....but within them.

The same thing that keeps the people of God divided externally is keeping them divided, internally.

2015/8/16 13:05
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Too many times the motive behind decisions made in churches is the desire to attract people and fill pews.

I suspect this is one - among other - reasons why some churches are embracing a non-celibate lifestyle for its homosexual people. In doing so they are incurring the displeasure, distrust of other concerned Christians.

Doing for the sake of being popular may work for a while but will die down before too long. Fortunately.

Sandra

2015/8/20 11:37Profile

Re:

I wonder how attendance numbers are doing in the institutional churches? They have big budgets to maintain and may be forced to compromise I order to "welcome" new tithe paying members.

2015/8/20 12:13
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I would LOVE to be part of a group where everyone consciously says "We are moving in faith that what Jesus prayed for is true, and that the Father answers His prayer for oneness just as the Father answered His prayer that the Comforter would be sent. That, in faith and obedience, we look at this Word and we commit to obeying it. And, so, we are going to love one another and wait in faith to receive the promise of Your oneness, and for that promise to persuade men that You, Father, sent Jesus."

As a fellowship, we are discussing this actively and seeking Him for it.

2015/8/20 13:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy