SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
relewis111

Pittsburgh,PA

Re: eternity without God

The idea of eternity without God is my idea of hell.. darkness without Christ who is the only light in heaven... the fulfillment of all carnal passions without the restraint of the Holy Spirit . . . man's decieptful and wicked heart continually hungry and never being full. How can you possibly speak of repentance without judgement? What is judgement without righteous and just reward, to the left hand eternal damnation and to the right hand eternal life. There is no quibbling or equivocation in the word of God; we are at war with spiritual powers who have lost that war but will battle on until the final judgement. I refuse to be blinded to hell, it isn't " doctrine" it is reality, the evidence of things not seen. If I want to be on fire for God I have to be willing to be bound and thrown into the furnace; all sacrifices will be salted with fire. I pray that my thoughts and words will be acceptable to our God, who is a consuming fire. I would rather be a living follower than a melted plate of bronze. I deliberately leave out the scripture references because I take for granted that you have read the bible as I have ;-) Thank you for listening.

Rich

2005/4/5 21:29Profile
UserName

Re:

Quote:
I think that Tentmaker is a pretty good resource. It doesn't have a denominational foundation, by the way.

Unless you count the Universalist church as a denomination, that is.

One thing I've seen a lot in here is people talking about the idea of eternal damnation being offensive. And they're entirely right, it is. That doesn't make it any less true. The Bible flatly states that it is an offensive book, why should we try to make it any less offensive?

Here's an excellent resource on the subject.

http://www.carm.org/universalism.htm

2005/4/5 21:49Profile

Re: Hell

[b]EEEEeeeeeeeeK![/b]

beware here's a paste from the tentmaker page I will link up:

"We hope that this page will help to change that. While we have much information on Tentmaker, proving from the original languages of the Bible that Christian Universalism is a solid biblical doctrine, we hope this page will also be helpful for the person who needs to see others who have also studied or embraced this doctrine".

anytime I see the word "universalist", its code for "wide road".......

read for yourselves
http://www.tentmaker.org/tracts/Universalists.html

2005/4/5 22:43
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: EEEEEKK

Thank you for clearing that up Neilgin 1. I knew there was something wrong with that site when a fellow that I respected a lot became addicted to the site, and has fallen away, largley I believe because of some of the teachings on that site.
Greg

2005/4/5 22:53Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
Unless you count the Universalist church as a denomination, that is.

No, tentmaker is nothing got to do with the Universalist Church (I persume you are refering to the UU denomination)

Don't confuse the doctrine of universalism with the Universalist denomination (which is now part of the Unitarian Universalist Church)

2005/4/6 3:27Profile
Manfred

Continental Europe

Re: Hell

Just to clarify what I said.

1) There isn't such a word as "hell" in the Scriptures, this is a "place" and "concept" that is totally foreign to the Word of God.

2) As Smokey said the right expression is "the lake of fire", where all the lost will end according to the Scriptures.

3) Nearly all theological books and manual have a chapter on "hell", none have one on "the lake of fire".

Conclusion, let us stick to the Word of God, and let us not take everything that the theologians say as being the truth. I respect theologians, I consult their books, and I have been to "Bible school"; but in the end what matters is what the Bible says and teaches.

Manfred

2005/4/6 10:46Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
"the road to hell", everlasting torment or annihilation by david pawson

has anyone else read it?

I have read it. I like David Pawson's writings, even when I don't agree with him. He is biblical and not afraid to handle difficult topics. I would recommend the above title for anyone who is prepared to think and, if necessary, change their minds.

2005/4/6 11:22Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
I have read it. I like David Pawson's writings, even when I don't agree with him. He is biblical and not afraid to handle difficult topics. I would recommend the above title for anyone who is prepared to think and, if necessary, change their minds.

Never read it, but certainly Pawson is always excellent. I will read it when I have a free slot in my 'to read; list.

One should never be afraid to read an opposing view with an honest heart.

2005/4/6 13:23Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Taco
It does not matter if the tentmaker site is a product of a "christian" universalist church or not. I do not see how anyone who is a Christian can ,in any way, have a universalist view on scripture. Maybe not all of thier teaching is bad, but how much error are you willing to expose yourself to. When I bite into an apple, and find a worm, I spit it out, and throw away the apple.
Greg :-o

2005/4/6 18:50Profile
taco

Re:

thanks for your comments smokey,

By the way, there are universalists featured on sermonindex :-o

2005/4/6 19:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy