SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Move of God happening in South Wales!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Can I be honest?

I believe we tend to get to superstitious when it comes to the things of God and the church. Just look at what it has endured over the last 20 years let alone 2000. Jesus said "He" would build "HIS" church and the gates of hell would not.......The major trouble is that while discernment, I believe, is necessary those individuals who seem to speak out the most do not seem to have any relevant move of God in their lives. So we end up micro managing the move of God and help shipwreck the faith of many with a doctrine of doubt. Now that is not to say that what some are saying is not relevant, but the fruit is in the leadership, the souls being saved, the lives being touched and transformed, and honestly? It really is to soon to make any real judgement call. It would be wonderful if just once we saw the Christian community stand together with nothing to gain from this move, and simply pray that he Lord would be Honored and glorified in this, that those present would simply fall in Love with who Jesus is, was and will be.

2013/5/21 13:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Can I be honest?

Sister Ceri writes.........

"Yet the Lord knows that my hubby & I certainly would not want to be guilty of fighting a genuine move, as many Christians have done in history"

Amen sister.

2013/5/21 16:01Profile

What`s in a name?

Calling these events `Outpourings` is an attempt to mitigate the discrepencies between what goes on and historical reports of true revivals. I believe the last true revival was the Hebredian one.

In true revival, one or two persons are entirely sanctified, and begin to teach this doctrine and witness to a pure heart. This brings repentance to believers when they hear that their sins are not tolerable in the eyes of God. The effect in the surrounding area is astounding. Unbelievers are drawn in and converted but the emphasis is on the revial of believers and holiness. Not healing, or anything else. It is all about Jesus being Sanctifier, now and in an instant.

Since the holiness movement began to disintergrate, we have the pseudo revivals going on. I am sure the men involved are genuine and devout believers (though they will reject ES) and I am not being judgemental or kill joy, as I have been subject to Satans deceptions myself and would love to see revival.

The name has changed but the game is still supposed to be the same. It is not. It is an outbreak of Pentecostalism/charismania. Wesley would turn in his grave.

2013/5/21 16:11
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Can We Call a Spade a Spade?

After watching and listening to a few sermons from Richard Taylor and a few other preachers there, and having watched some of the footage of the services, I hate to sound like a naysayer but I believe HeyDave and pilgrim777 and brother Frank have raised valid concerns.

I don't see any serious heresies being preached there though there are concerns on some questionable statements. But I don't believe it is genuine revival preaching. Some of the themes they preach on will no doubt encourage the saints in some ways, but they will not hear much truth which they need to hear.

I really hate to put it this way but what I believe I discerned was much emotional hype and a watered down gospel being preached with background music catering to the emotions mainly. This whole thing seems typical of many mainline Pentecostal churches; a lot of emphasis on healing and signs and wonders, no preaching on sin righteousness and judgment, no preaching of repentance and holiness(Richard Taylor seems to have a distaste for such kind of preaching). He emphasizes preaching only “good news”. It’s not the whole counsel of God’s Word. It’s a feel good ear tickling message with a lot of joking and emotional appeals.

I'm not against the emphasis pentecostalism places on being on fire for God, I believe that's good. I'm not a cessationist regarding the gifts of the Spirit. And I too would love to see a true move of God, a true revival or awakening. But I've been duped by a lot of false revivals and church experiences within Pentecostalism. I've come to learn that it's okay to question certain things and test them in light of the truth. It's not legalism or phariseeism or quenching the Spirit. If it's genuine it will stand up against scrutiny.

Regarding supposed conversions, I do not believe it’s wise to say automatically that 100s of people were saved simply because they went forward during an altar call, even if they showed tears. I have seen too many times how such hype of supposed conversions causes more damage than good. This is typical of modern day evangelistic crusades or church outreaches. I have known firsthand how most of the people who go forward fall away shortly afterward.

May God grant us all discernment in these last days of great deception within churches.

2013/5/21 16:13Profile

Re: Can We Call a Spade a Spade?

I arrived in Cwmbran this evening UK time at 21:00 towards the end of this evenings meeting. The atmosphere was dignified and sober and the worship was peaceful and anointed. I was immediately able to enter in and felt no anxiety whatsoever. I stayed for one hour and went back to my hotel room for the night.

The Lord was worshiped and there was no excess or familiarity, everything was peaceful and in order. I will stay for tomorrow as the Lord leads and share again.

I would like to say that Richard has openly stated that this is not yet a revival. He understands very well the difference between what is happening here at the moment and what happened in the 1905 Welsh revival. The term outpouring may well be misleading in the sense that it could be made to mean revival as some have understood that way of God moving on a people or a city or a nation. I have lived in the Hebrides and met several men and women who were saved in that revival. Even when I lived there it was possible to comprehend a unique sense of God's presence when in the spirit. I haven't borne witness to that here, but I was blessed and bear witness to a peace, calmness and dignity. I saw a number of young men who looked as though they could individually fight a whole rugby team. They were clearly the rough diamonds of the Lord. As an ex offender myself I knew who they were. Yet they were sober, clean, manly and pleasing.

Praise the Lord. It reminds me of the old style pentecostal meetings of 30 years ago. There were mothers with babies, grandmothers, fathers and many children and teenagers. It was a real family of men and women in the Lord. Very pleasing.

2013/5/21 18:54
brothagary

Re:

im looking forward to hear about what you witness brother Andrew wile there ,,,,,,, blessings

2013/5/21 21:19Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"The Lord was worshiped and there was no excess or familiarity, everything was peaceful and in order. I will stay for tomorrow as the Lord leads and share again."

Thank you brother and sister Ceri for first hand reports, not mere speculation, of what is going on in Cwmbran.

Mike

2013/5/21 22:52Profile

Re:

Great report from bro Andrew. I look forward to hearing more. They will be blessed to have you there as well brother. .......Bro Frank

Ps If it were old style Pentecostal meetings from 30 years ago that would be a great blessing in and of itself.

2013/5/21 23:21

Re:

Pleased to hear it is not being called a revival by the church itself though many others may be doing so. In the past this has resulted in folk not understanding what true revival is, and therefore not seeking it. What dark days we are in but hopefully holiness will be sought.

2013/5/22 1:17
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re:

AMRKelly - Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! for your positive feedback. So thrilled you visited and had a blest time. I will share your news with my husband & brother.
I know I felt so upset at people going down the line of likening it to Toronto & Todd Bentley as I know Richard is not of that line and was panicing that his reputation was being unjustly tainted here, as I mentioned in my previous post, the young men you mentioned had a day at our house, relaxing and chatting - so true they are as rough diamonds - but still diamonds! They were brilliant and I was so touched at how they couldn't thank us enough for opening up our home to them and sharing hospitality.

Thank you too PILGRIM for your statement that I do not have to defend the work of the Holy Spirit, I'm afraid I'm my father's daugher on times and get as passionate as he did - it's the Welsh blood! and sometimes I need reminding of that fact! My husband says the same to me too on times.

2013/5/22 6:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy