SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The role of the remnant church in these last days.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

The role of the remnant church in these last days.

The Remnant’s role has changed down through the centuries, but always at her core she has been called to be a witness, an eye-witness to Gods glory. This is the essential heartbeat of Gods Remnant bride and always will be. In this role she has been used as a sanctuary, the sanctuary, the Holy of Holy’s. She is a tabernacle in the wilderness, she is Gods temple here on earth. She is a place for the weary and the lost and forsaken. At the same time she has always been despised by the religious spirit. These are people who confess God with their mouths but who have not received God’s glory, who have never encountered the glory of the living God. In these last days God has a special role for His Remnant people and of course this will only increase the hatred by those of the religious spirit. God says in His word through His prophet Zechariah that ” In that last day a fountain shall be opened up for the house of David,” and God Himself says again through the prophet that ( speaking of Christendom) “Two thirds in it shall be cut off and die. But one-third shall be left in it. I will bring the one-third through the fire, I will refine them as silver is refined and test them as gold is tested. They will call on my name and I will answer them. I will say ” This is my people.” (Zec 13:8-9)

And so we see that a fountain shall be opened in that day for the house of David. Can you imagine how welcome a fountain would be in the midst of a dry and thirsty land, a land racked with drought and famine? I want us, as we consider the role of the Remnant in the last days, to look at two men of God and see what parallels we can draw. Let’s look at Noah and as we look let’s think about the context of the time in which he lived. It’s a time and a place of great wickedness and as we know, there would only be a tiny fraction saved. Noah is commissioned to build an ark over a long period of time. Now, we know that Noah faced ridicule and scorn. First of all what he was building have never been built before. Secondly, rain had never fallen from the sky and the notion that the whole earth would be covered by a flood was preposterous to all who lived then.

Every day Noah’s hammer could be heard, every day the ark took shape and was rising up. The continuous hammering would have been a great source of irritation to all around him. Noah would have to keep building despite the ridicule and the scorn and the anger because the rain was surely coming and he was being obedient to his calling. We too as Gods Remnant people have to keep true to what the Lord has called us to. We are also in the ark business. There was one place of salvation when the rains of judgment began to fall, it was the ark. Can I put it to you brothers and sisters that the Remnant church of God is God’s ark built by the hands of Jesus. With the judgments beginning to fall, with the beginning of the birth pangs, it will become apparent that God has a people who have not bowed the knee to Baal. God is getting ready to reveal His ark by bringing judgment and allowing the rise of the anti-christ. This ark will be a witness to the glory of God and His way of escape. This ark will be used as a last chance for the un-redeemed of the world to be saved before final judgment. This ark will be revealed to the world by isolation and persecution, all of the world will see this ark and they will be without excuse when that day comes, for this ark is the glory of Christ here on the earth and He reveals Himself through what He has built.

Now lets consider Joseph and consider the context and the back-drop of his day. Here we have Joseph who has been called to save a Remnant. ” And God sent me before you to save a Remnant in the earth and to save your life by a great deliverance.” ( Gen 45:7) Before Joseph could do this he had to be scorned and ridiculed by his own. Because of dreams and visions then that scorn turned to anger and hatred. He was then rejected and sold into slavery. He becomes a slave and then is wrongfully accused and ends up in prison, seeming forgotten and forsaken. Yet, God of course had never left him. This is part of the Remnant path. Many will relate even as they read this. Yet God had not forsaken Joseph and even in prison Joseph moved in the supernatural. He was able to interpret dreams and visions and this would lead him to see that a great famine was coming upon the land. He was able to make provisions that would save ” A Remnant in the earth.”

Can you see the pattern behind this brothers and sisters? Can you relate to the suffering and the rejection and the seeming forsakeness that Joseph surely felt as he languished in the prison, far from home and separated from everything he knew? The pattern is that when there is great judgment coming upon the land, God has a people or a person whom He will send ahead to enable whoever will, to escape that judgment. God has created such a vehicle in His Remnant. And they too, just like Joseph, must be despised and rejected by the very one’s they have been sent to save. Of course, this is the divine pattern. We see our Lord Jesus walk down this path. He came from the glories of heaven and the right hand of the Father, emptying Himself and humbling Himself in order to walk amongst those who He had come to save, yet He became despised and reject, tortured and killed.

And now with the final judgment fast approaching, the ark which Jesus has been building for 2000 years is almost ready. God’s remnant church down through the last 2000 years has been scorned, ridiculed hated and despised and hunted down and killed and almost all of this was done by ” their own.” People who would profess God with their lips. And now these very people will have one last chance to join with the remnant and escape the final judgment that is coming upon the whole world. Most will not, some will. Glory to God He is willing to go to great lengths to save the some who will, this is the mark of His great love for the world. And so God is raising up small gatherings where His presence can be found in the midst of a great drought and famine which we are in and which is merely a pre-cursor to the final judgement. Will you forsake all and take your place with the few?

2012/9/27 9:45
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: The role of the remnant church in these last days.

Quote:
And now with the final judgment fast approaching, the ark which Jesus has been building for 2000 years is almost ready. God’s remnant church down through the last 2000 years has been scorned, ridiculed hated and despised and hunted down and killed and almost all of this was done by ” their own.” People who would profess God with their lips. And now these very people will have one last chance to join with the remnant and escape the final judgment that is coming upon the whole world. Most will not, some will. Glory to God He is willing to go to great lengths to save the some who will, this is the mark of His great love for the world. And so God is raising up small gatherings where His presence can be found in the midst of a great drought and famine which we are in and which is merely a pre-cursor to the final judgement. Will you forsake all and take your place with the few?

Amen brother, well said. May we follow the Lord no matter what the cost for His Name Sake (Matthew 10:17-22)

2012/9/27 11:05Profile

Re:

Such is the hope for countries such as N. Korea, Eritrea, or Iran. That there us a remnant church bringing forth the light of Christ into those dark nations. We calk it the persecuted church.

Such will ve the hope for America. A remnant church which soon will be called the persecuted church.

Bearmaster.

2012/9/27 12:25
docs

Re: If I may

These are good thoughts concerning the remnant church in the last days. It's not too hard to discern that the life and principles of the true church are cutting more and more against the grain of modern thought and modern "wisdom." The church is destined to become more and more of a burr pricking aginst the hide of modern thought and practice. One thing I believe is that the remnant church also has a divine calling to be a friend and succorer to Israel in the days coming. It's my opinion that the issue of the Jews in the land in the Middle East and the ownership of Jerusalem are going to become epi-center of world conflict and instability in the times ahead. I wonder why the modern prophets seem always to neglect this aspect when they forecast things revealed to them for the coming year etc. Why don't the prophets speak of the hostility that is gong to come against the church because of the church's love for Israel when it is going to become leas and less popular to do so? Anyway, I believe the Jews and Israel are destined for suffering also in the days ahead and only the church will possess the key (the writings of the Hebrew prophets) to helping Israel understand what is going to befall them. That doesn't leave out a universal witness to all, Gentile or Jew, who will listen but anti-semitism is rising again and the long enstrangement between the church and Judaism may be broken down by a remant church willing to lay its life on the line for a beseiged Israel and Jewry in the days ahead.

That's all.

Blessings to you.

2012/9/27 14:06Profile

Re:

Here is a post from David Wilkerson that someone left on my website today in response to this post. It is apt and powerful and brother David is saying what the Lord spoke to my heart. I miss that dear brother.......... bro Frank

The prophet Samuel is a type of the last-days holy remnant—a prepared body of believers that rises out of the ruins of the old, decadent church.

Hannah, Samuel’s mother, birthed her son through bitter tears and much prayer. “And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed to the Lord and wept in anguish” (1 Samuel 1:10).

Try to imagine the scene: Hannah was at the temple every day, on her knees before the altar, crushed and broken because she was childless. As she wept, her adversary—her husband’s other wife—made fun of her. “And her rival also provoked her severely, to make her miserable, because the Lord had closed her womb” (1 Samuel 1:6).

There are three important things I want to point out from this passage:

First, the remnant that Samuel represents is born in grief and intercession.

Second, those who pray and grieve after God’s heart will be provoked by adversaries.

And third, God’s remnant is always going to be misunderstood!

Note what happened to Hannah as she prayed: “And it happened, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli watched her mouth. Now Hannah spoke in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard. Therefore Eli thought she was drunk. So Eli said to her, ‘How long will you be drunk? Put your wine away from you!’” (1 Samuel 1:12-14). Eli and his sons represent the dying, corrupt church that has forsaken the Lord’s way. Eli was so out of touch—so dead in his spirit—he thought Hannah was drunk!

When Hannah was praying, she was filled with grief, burdened for the birth of a son. All she could do was move her lips because of her groaning in the Spirit. She prayed, “If You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and . . . will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life” (1 Samuel 1:11).

Here are two distinguishing marks of God’s holy remnant:

They pray like Hannah. Their burden is deep and their heart is stirred because of the wickedness in God’s house.

Like Hannah, they give themselves to prayer every day of their lives.

God wants to make you like that. He wants you to be able to touch Him and hear from Him. He wants to give you a ministry to others who will come to you with their burdens and trials. And as you pray for them, His Word will come forth! (David Wilkerson)

2012/9/27 20:00

Re:

HI docs, I believe in the end days that there will be a great whore church that will engulf all the major religions of the world. The anti-christ will be a friend to Israel and will bring about a comprehensive peace deal in the middle east which will be signed by all nations. Peace will be declared in our day, we will seemingly be brought back from the brink of the abyss of world war and the world will rejoice, but the Remnant church will speak the truth and not fall for this great delusion. He will then make war on the saints of the earth and every nation will be against those who stand against the anti-christ and his false prophet.

The aim of the anti-christ will be to destroy every genuine believer on the earth. This coming persecution is what many saints, including myself, have been speaking of now for a number of years. Our greatest persecutors will be a religious body empowered by the state to identify every " enemy," of peace and harmony in the world. The world, so sickened and tired of hatred between Jews and Muslims and "Christians," will have no time for anyone who says that the tenents of this great whore church is anti-christ. We will be seen as trouble-makers and destroyers of peace, we will be branded as bigots ( not to be confused with todays genuine bigots) and ultimately enemies of the state.

The world will have such a genuine revulsion for us that they will want us gone. Of course that peace deal that he makes with the world will be broken at some point and the true nature of who he is will be revealed, but not until he has almost completed his task. Yet to those who would read these words and be afraid, can I tell you that God always has provisions for His saints. He will pour out His Spirit upon believers in a way that has never been seen before, it will not save them, but we will be a tremendous witness in the earth thus fulfilling our primary task here, to share the Gospel which means to proclaim the glories of God the Father and His glorious risen Son and to be a genuine eye-witness to the glory that He has given us.

Just as the world could not stomoch Paul and Peter and Stephen and the Apostles and the early saints and those who were full of God's glory, and it had to kill them all, then so to we who are that generation that are alive in the days just prior to the Lord's return and who go through the birth pangs and the great tribulation. And this in itself will be seperating the sheep from the goats metaphorically speaking. Let us press in now close to the heart of God that we may withstand in the evil day putting on the full armor of God..............bro Frank

2012/9/28 0:46
docs

Re: Reply to appolus

You said,

HI docs, I believe in the end days that there will be a great whore church that will engulf all the major religions of the world. The anti-christ will be a friend to Israel and will bring about a comprehensive peace deal in the middle east which will be signed by all nations. Peace will be declared in our day, we will seemingly be brought back from the brink of the abyss of world war and the world will rejoice, but the Remnant church will speak the truth and not fall for this great delusion. He will then make war on the saints of the earth and every nation will be against those who stand against the anti-christ and his false prophet.

The aim of the anti-christ will be to destroy every genuine believer on the earth. This coming persecution is what many saints, including myself, have been speaking of now for a number of years. Our greatest persecutors will be a religious body empowered by the state to identify every " enemy," of peace and harmony in the world. The world, so sickened and tired of hatred between Jews and Muslims and "Christians," will have no time for anyone who says that the tenents of this great whore church is anti-christ. We will be seen as trouble-makers and destroyers of peace, we will be branded as bigots ( not to be confused with todays genuine bigots) and ultimately enemies of the state.

The world will have such a genuine revulsion for us that they will want us gone. Of course that peace deal that he makes with the world will be broken at some point and the true nature of who he is will be revealed, but not until he has almost completed his task. Yet to those who would read these words and be afraid, can I tell you that God always has provisions for His saints. He will pour out His Spirit upon believers in a way that has never been seen before, it will not save them, but we will be a tremendous witness in the earth thus fulfilling our primary task here, to share the Gospel which means to proclaim the glories of God the Father and His glorious risen Son and to be a genuine eye-witness to the glory that He has given us.

Just as the world could not stomoch Paul and Peter and Stephen and the Apostles and the early saints and those who were full of God's glory, and it had to kill them all, then so to we who are that generation that are alive in the days just prior to the Lord's return and who go through the birth pangs and the great tribulation. And this in itself will be seperating the sheep from the goats metaphorically speaking. Let us press in now close to the heart of God that we may withstand in the evil day putting on the full armor of God..............bro Frank (END)

Doc: Notwithstanding a few details I basically agree with you. It's seldom that the modern prophets seem to touch on many of these things when they gave their forecasts and share what God has revealed to them for the next season etc. What they say is true but Israel being the center of coming world conflict and the church's involvement seems to be missing many times. Anyway, hard times are pretty likely for us all and even as the church is straightened and humbled by these circumstances out of this humility and its own brokenness it will be able to speak a word of life to beseiged Israel. The church and Israel's destiny are beginning to merge again and the church is incomplete until the last natural branch is restored and the natural branches to be restored are incomplete without the church. It's God's wisdom to have set up this dynamic of circumstances and one of the things we urgently need to grasp I believe is that the remnant church will be here for the duration of the last events and won't escape right before they start.

Thank you.

2012/10/3 18:06Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, woe is me... i certainly don't want to be a part of this morose thing called the church. who is the head of this gloom and doom organization with little hope?satan must have won all the victories in all the battles... Jesus is the head of His church and He has already defeated the enemy.He has declared an udying love for His bride. He was the fourth man in the furnace. He shut the mouths of the lions. He defeated sin and death.death hath no sting for He has won the victory. we must declare the GOOD NEWS, the gospel till He comes.. we must love our enemies and our brothers and sisters enough to prefer them with giving and time of ministry.although i walk through the valley of death i will fear no evil.suffering is not having your a/c go out in your nice car.we are going to go through some refinning so that our gold (He who lives within) shall shine.the most powerful force on earth is love, fear hath torment.beloved, let us love one another for love is of God and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God:he who loveth not knoweth not God for God is love.we walk in the victory already won on the cross.to live is Christ and to die is gain.jimp

2012/10/3 19:08Profile

Re:

HI Jimp, once again brother your attitude is completly lacking in love and you do not even attempt to hide your contempt and disdain. Time and time and again you come in with comments like this. Its strange that so many times you seek to defend the Todd Bentlely's and torronto blessings of the world, giving lectures on how one should not judge, but you yourself have no problem attacking with contemptuous comments, people who happen to differ from you on the subject of end times or discernment. Very, very sad. If you do not like this thread, why do you feel the need to come on and try to dirupt a converation brother with contemptuous remarks............. bro Frank

2012/10/3 21:17

Re:

Thank you docs, I to agree with most of what you are saying. Maybe you can catch this weekend's conference, the subject matter is " The coming persecution of the Church in the west." I know that Jimp and some others may not want to hear that or tune in, but there will be many good brothers sharing there and I believe will be sharing prophetically. And it will of course be a message of triumph because the Lord is coming back and no matter what persecution comes to the genuine saints on earth, they will glorify their Lord and be an aye-witness to His glory. Not because they are healthy or wealthy or succesful in this world but because they love their Lord more than this wolrd itself or anything that it has to offer..............bro Frank

2012/10/3 21:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy