SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gloom and Doom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Bearmaster,
The apostles brought a message backed up by power,how do we know that these christian men who love the lord are in the Spirit.Give the message and let it be specific and if it comes to pass then we know that the message was correct and they were prophets from the lord.The trouble is they want to prophesy without actually prophesying.
Art Katz preached persecution and he went home to be with the lord in 2007.Carter Conlon preaches more of revival than a coming judgement.
Their are many countries exempt from persecution so far this and most of last century that is no proof that a persecution is coming.The Spirit comes and goes as he pleases.Personally I think Judgement starts in the house of God but the judgement isnt a blanket judgement eg if the blood is on the lentil of the door the judgement passed by.
Why would God punish those who have done no wrong;
We can easily preach about persecution from the word but does that mean it is just around the corner.
It certainly looks like the church in America deserves judgement but does that mean it will be judged soon?
What happens if genuine revival comes instead of persecution?What happens to the people expecting persecution do they reject the revival as being false?
Yours Staff

2012/6/16 18:52Profile

Re: TMK

Brother the post was not meant to be condescending. It was written out of respect to your question. If we want to know how to prepare and endure under persecution. Look to believers in China, Iran, Eritrea, etc. Look at how believers are living in restricted nations today.

I recommended VOM as a good source. There is Barbabas Fund, Open Doors, etc. In the end it may be these precious saints who teach us to endure what is coming.

But to give a simplistic answer to your question. Not meant to be condescending. It is going to take the grace of God and the Holy Spirit to prepare us for persecution. I think Stephen serves as an excellent example. Hope this helps.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/16 18:53

Re: Proudpapa

Brother I like that idea. Get me some soda poo and pop corn. Gonna watch me an uplifting Joel Olsteen sermon.

Howl with laughter.

Bear.

2012/6/16 19:00

Re:

Staff America can have revival. But it may be against the backdrop of persecution. Or the persecution nay bring revival. Look at China and Iran. They are having both persecution and revival. Or is it revival and persecution? Anyway both events are occurring side by side.

Bearmaster off to pop corn and pop.

2012/6/16 19:07

Re:

Our response should be one of sobriety, of self-examination, of considering these preciously martyred saints & contemplating our own lives in such circumstances were it to be us. It should spur us on to follow Him wholeheartedly. It should help us see that if they gave up their lives, surely we can give up wasting our lives watching nonsense on tv, taking vacation after vacation, playing video games, etc., etc. we should look at what Jesus said about all men hating you, persecution for all who love godly lives in Christ, carrying our cross daily enduring the scorn, etc . & ask: is that my me? Is that my life? Is that my experience? If not, why? Am I special or different? Did Jesus mean everyone but me, or everyone but Americans? Why the disconnect? Am I disconnected and don't realize it?

"Therefore, seeing we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off every weight/hindrance, and the sin that so easily besets us, & let us run with patience the race that is set before us. Looking into Jesus, the author & finisher of our faith who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning the shame, & is set down at Gods right hand. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ur be wearied & faint in your minds. You have not resisted into the shedding of your blood, striving against sin"
Hebrews 12:1-4

And then he goes into chastisement & rebuke from God which all true sons
Get as a show of love, sons hip, & correction. That's not "get your popcorn ready" & lay back in a bed of ease happy talk either, but it's real. It's God Word. And it's true eternally regardless of how anyone takes it. Gods not moved by our opinions of His Word, amen?

2012/6/16 19:10
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I think I am going to start printing some bumper stickers next week, and hand them out at Church next Sunday.

"I Have Become Doom And Gloom Immune"

2012/6/16 19:10Profile

Re:

I've seen hecklers in evangelism be the most radically affected later and changed. I hope that's you as you minimize God's Word and make silly jokes constantly in the face of deep, eternal, important truths the Lord is pressing on His Body right now. You would be rebuked if not excommunicated from much of the church abroad and historically for such words. For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. I would be careful with the jokes and folly on a matter God Himself is laying on the church.

2012/6/16 19:17
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jeff, I Love your heart, and I know were you are coming from. If you feel the way you do and truly believe what you say, preaching it don't always work. I know folks that watch 4 different sermons from 4 different Pastors on Sunday morning, but you could never tell if if they did not tell you. Jeff, live it and let your light shine, personally I would always rather see a sermon, than hear one.

2012/6/16 19:17Profile

Re:

"Preach the Gospel, & when you have to use words" basically right? Good old Saint Augustine. Our dear Catholic "saint" who baptized cats. I have always hated that saying. It issues from the flesh of men's hearts, not the heart of God.

If what scripture says is important to us (Gods opinion on the matter), we know that we are called to "PREACH THE WORD". Greek for Preach means to declare a proclamation from ones mouth, not just by ones lifestyle (I call that fairy-tale "osmosis preaching"). Be ready in season and put of season to give a defense of the hope...,correct, rebuke, exhort,,,,,,,all by preaching Gods Word, not by osmosis. Jesus preached . Jesus fought the devil with scripture.

We are called to put on the full armor of God to stand which includes the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, feet ready to spread the Godpel of peace (that doesn't mean running up to people and letting them see how holy you look, but preaching Gods Word which alone is able to save), shield of faith ("Faith comes by HEARING the Word of God), etc. still have to come in the gate and take the narrow way. We can't make this thing up (in our Sunday meetings at our "churches" no less). This whole thread is proof of why this thread is so needed. We are drunk on American Modern Churchianity. Hard to think soberly when you're drunk. Gotta sober up first, and be vigilant, for our enemy, the devil (& his lying seducing spirits preaching doctrines of devils) prowl around as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. All the while he and his ministers masquerading as an angel of light. There's too much carnal thinking and not enough preaching/believing the uncompromising Word of God. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

2012/6/16 19:41

Re:

"Preach the Gospel, & when you have to use words" basically right? Good old Saint Augustine. Our dear Catholic "saint" who baptized cats. I have always hated that saying. It issues from the flesh of men's hearts, not the heart of God.

If what scripture says is important to us (Gods opinion on the matter), we know that we are called to "PREACH THE WORD". Greek for Preach means to declare a proclamation from ones mouth, not just by ones lifestyle (I call that fairy-tale "osmosis preaching"). Be ready in season and put of season to give a defense of the hope...,correct, rebuke, exhort,,,,,,,all by preaching Gods Word, not by osmosis. Jesus preached . Jesus fought the devil with scripture.

We are called to put on the full armor of God to stand which includes the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, feet ready to spread the Godpel of peace (that doesn't mean running up to people and letting them see how holy you look, but preaching Gods Word which alone is able to save), shield of faith ("Faith comes by HEARING the Word of God), etc. still have to come in the gate and take the narrow way. We can't make this thing up (in our Sunday meetings at our "churches" no less). This whole thread is proof of why this thread is so needed. We are drunk on American Modern Churchianity. Hard to think soberly when you're drunk. Gotta sober up first, and be vigilant, for our enemy, the devil (& his lying seducing spirits preaching doctrines of devils) prowl around as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. All the while he and his ministers masquerading as an angel of light. There's too much carnal thinking and not enough preaching/believing the uncompromising Word of God. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

2012/6/16 19:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy