SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Being Slain in the Spirit by Bill Niland

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

all in all i hope none of my coments apear to suport the benni hin ,tod bently type slain in the spirit

ill confess those manfestation ,make me sick

2012/1/27 2:06Profile

Re:

Is there some sort of problem with Benny Hinn and Todd Bentley??

Krispy

2012/1/27 8:30
learjet

Re:

Hi Everest:

Quote:
What version are you looking at? Not all versions translate it that way. I would hope you would go to the original language if a few translations state it differently.

Actually, I gave you the King James version so as to not start the lame 'this version versus that version' argument. I don't need to go to the Hebrew when something is very clear in scripture. You're not clear on it because it goes against the dogma that you've been taught. I'm clear on the issue, I simply take it at face value.

2012/1/27 9:32Profile
OnwardUpward

Re:

Friends, I'm waiting for the conclusion of this whole matter :(

2012/1/27 9:50Profile

Re:

Not to go off on a rabbit trail here, but the whole “you need to go back to the original languages to get the meaning of this” is bogus in most cases. It suggests that God was incapable of preserving His Word (as He promised) in a way that can be understood by the believer today… and it is also a form of intellectual manipulation (i.e.: I’m smart enough to be able to go back to the original languages and read them and understand more than the common believer). When the conversation is manipulated in this way it is an attempt to win the argument without an argument because in most cases common believers do not have the education or the resources to be able to “go back to the original languages"... so they get intimidated by the "intellectual" and bow out of the conversation. Thus ending the conversation. The smart “intellectual” guy wins (who probably hasn’t gone back to the original languages either…).

God preserved His Word just as He promised He would. You can read it in English and understand it, with the Holy Spirit being your teacher. This whole “we have to depend on the intellectuals and PhD’s to tell us what God’s Word says” reminds me of the Nicolatians in Revelation, or the whole hierarchal system of the Roman Catholic Church.

Krispy

2012/1/27 9:51
jimp

Re:

hi, earlier i told a story against being slain from my life and now i will tell about a cia pilot(air america)who killed many people in viet nam and was married to a beautiful girl who came down with m.s...cia pilots make a lot of money and also smuggle a lot.he took his wife all over the world to find healing, to no avail. he ended up in a katherine k. meeting and while bringing his wife to the altar he was slain and could not get up. every time he tried ms.kuhlman would point at him and he go to the floor.this is where he realized there was a power greater than his there and cried out to the Lord to save him. his life was transformed by the blood of the Lamb.joe is an example of why we should not use limited knowlege to judge a situation.jimp

2012/1/27 10:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
Not to go off on a rabbit trail here, but the whole “you need to go back to the original languages to get the meaning of this” is bogus in most cases. It suggests that God was incapable of preserving His Word (as He promised) in a way that can be understood by the believer today… and it is also a form of intellectual manipulation (i.e.: I’m smart enough to be able to go back to the original languages and read them and understand more than the common believer). When the conversation is manipulated in this way it is an attempt to win the argument without an argument because in most cases common believers do not have the education or the resources to be able to “go back to the original languages"... so they get intimidated by the "intellectual" and bow out of the conversation. Thus ending the conversation. The smart “intellectual” guy wins (who probably hasn’t gone back to the original languages either…).

If you have the internet, you have the resources. Last time I checked, everyone on this forum has the resources needed to look anything up. It's useful, especially if there's a word that has several translations.

Now, I think the Word of God is complete and that every Spirit filled believer has the ability to understand what's being communicated. However, if you're going to take one passage, and base your whole doctrine on one word, you'd be quite wise to make sure that one word says EXACTLY what you think it says, as I can attest living in a foreign country and having to speak more than one language, not everything can be purely translated 100% of the time to another language, and retain it's full and intact meaning. I have to preach with a translator quite often, he'll be the first to tell you that the languages don't always jive perfectly, and there is some content that gets lost. I'm understood, however there is stuff that flies right under the radar. It's really a stretch to say that searching to get the clearest rendering of the text is a "manipulation", unless that's what searching out the truth is called recently.

This is how we've gotten several funny doctrines (pre-Adamite creation for one) simply because believers didn't understand the original language translated into their own, and didn't bother to do the research themselves. They'd rather base their doctrine on one word translated in one way into one language than search out what it means to make sure they're getting the author's intention.

It doesn't take an intellectual mind or a PhD to figure this stuff out.

2012/1/27 10:23

Re:

jimp... are you then putting your stamp of approval on Katerine Kuhlman Jr (otherwise known as Benny Hinn)?

Krispy

2012/1/27 10:26

Re:

Sama... no, I agree with you. I'm addressing some on here who play the "original languages" card when it's not necessary. In order to "win" an argument.

Krispy

2012/1/27 10:29
jimp

Re:

kk, i have been to many of his services and one of them was great. a filthy dirty ,homeless guy walked up the isle and interupted his sevice in orlando and he stopped the service, sat down with the young man on the steps and led the man to Christ . he then arranged for the man to have shelter, some clothes and a job at the ministry. other than that i would not go accossed the street to support him.len ravenhill called her katy k. and iked her.

2012/1/27 10:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy