SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CHRISTMAS -Pagan Holiday #1

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Let's remember Paul's example

Dear brothers and sisters,

Let's be imitators of Paul, especially in this regard:
"But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts."

Let's remember that "if any man regards anything as unclean - to him it is unclean." This should not make the one who does not judge it as unclean unsettled. Each of us are to have our faith before God on matters where we are of different faith. The peace of Christ is to rule in our hearts because as members of one body we are called to peace.

Going beyond having faith before God on disputable matters is where we too often miss the mark. It is not a contradiction for one brother to regard a day above another day, and another brother to not regard the same day, but consider all days the same. The wrong occurs when one brother judges the other rather than having faith before God alone. We must learn not to go beyond what is written and not to think too highly of ourselves but with sober judgment according to the measure of faith we have been given.

We should imitate Paul who wrote "when we are reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; being defamed we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world."
Let us not then become unsettled when we experience what we have been made. When our Lord was reviled, He reviled not in return. When He was threatened He did not return the threat. Instead, He entrusted Himself to His Father and continued to do what is good. Wisdom is justified of her deeds, rarely ever by her words.

If others treat the things we hold dear as dirt, let it remind us that this is what we our. Dirt never complains about being walked upon. When others treat us like dirt, let's give thanks for the reminder of our humble beginnings.

makrothumia

2011/11/10 12:40Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

@ Monnkz

Until you are ready to acknowledge that the Apostolic writings are the "God breathed infallible and inspired Word of God".... and as authoritative as the Old Testament.... then few, if any here, will accept your words. Your statements CLEARLY defy the writings of the Apostle Paul on this subject. In fact the apostolic writings must of necessity carry greater weight as they are the fulfillment of the Old Testament shadows and types. The Old testament is the beginning... the full maturity is found in the new. If you wish to live under the lesser then you may do so. However, we have embraced a BETTER covenant based on BETTER promises. Please carefully consider this...

"But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the NEW covenant is established on BETTER promises.
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. Hebrews 8:6-7

Clearly the scripture says the first covenant was insufficient to make man right with God. Thus we have Jesus coming into the world. We wish to celebrate that glorious event. We shall do so.

Please read the books of Galatians and 1 Corinthians. You will find that you are just the latest in a long line of Judaizers seeking to undermine the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. These points were already well covered by dietolive so I won't rehash them. Those who are free in Christ will not be shackled by the dead laws of performance.

You may just be a troll... a non believer stirring up a hornets nest on the board... that is possible.... and tis' the season as they say. However, if you truly are one seeking to bring those free in Christ back under bondage then the apostle Paul has dealt death nails in the scripture to that coffin belief you propose that destroys mens faith. If you are a Judaizer you are not unique..indeed...you are just next.

Please read those books in scripture I suggested if you are honest.

Merry Christmas To All!

2011/11/10 12:46Profile

Re: CHRISTMAS -Pagan Holiday #1

MaryJane-

It's wonderful to give thanks and praises to our father in heaven, reverencing a special day set aside by man is reverencing whoever it is that established that holy day. This is satan's way of getting us to worship her instead. She is very subtle, don't you see how people don't think anything of it because it seems so minor and irrelevant? This is the same exact lie that satan told Eve, "surely you won't die, go ahead and eat. Participate in mixture of righteousness and evil because it's desirable. This is what the whole world is doing today. We have fallen for the same lie, don't be deceived, just calling on Lord will not get you saved Matthew 7:22, but obedience will.

2011/11/10 12:49

Re:

Quote:
Let's remember Paul's example

Dear brothers and sisters,

Let's be imitators of Paul, especially in this regard:
"But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts."

Let's remember that "if any man regards anything as unclean - to him it is unclean." This should not make the one who does not judge it as unclean unsettled. Each of us are to have our faith before God on matters where we are of different faith. The peace of Christ is to rule in our hearts because as members of one body we are called to peace.

Going beyond having faith before God on disputable matters is where we too often miss the mark. It is not a contradiction for one brother to regard a day above another day, and another brother to not regard the same day, but consider all days the same. The wrong occurs when one brother judges the other rather than having faith before God alone. We must learn not to go beyond what is written and not to think too highly of ourselves but with sober judgment according to the measure of faith we have been given.

We should imitate Paul who wrote "when we are reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; beind defamed we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world."
Let us not then become unsettled when we experience what we have been made. When our Lord was reviled, He reviled not in return. When He was threatened He did not return the threat. Instead, He entrusted Himself to His Father and continued to do what is good. Wisdom is justified of her deeds, rarely ever by her words.

If others treat the things we hold dear as dirt, let it remind us that this is what we our. Dirt never complains about being walked upon. When others treat us like dirt, let's give thanks for the reminder of our humble beginnings.

makrothumia

Precious. Thank you for hearing from Him.

2011/11/10 12:50
MaryJane

Re:

Monnkz wrote:

It's wonderful to give thanks and praises to our father in heaven, reverencing a special day set aside by man is reverencing whoever it is that established that holy day.

______
Respectfully I disagree with you. I give thanks unto the LORD and I do so with a clear conscious and a submissive and obedient heart to HIS leading in my life...Thanksgiving is a day that I spend giving thanks unto the LORD much like I do everyday.

Now that I understand your opinion on the matter I will take leave of this thread.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/11/10 12:58Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This is why IMO Christianity has to be about Christ… and not about me. After all; Who voluntarily chose to sacrifice their life for my sin… obviously not me… IMO takes more sacrificial love than most of us have in our hearts.

Funny how our Father God can provide something so wonderful it is hard to explain… and us arrogant humans can spoil it with our pride and intellectualism.

Basics!!! Sometimes the basics are where the goods are…

Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy New Year to all!

2011/11/10 12:59Profile

Re: CHRISTMAS -Pagan Holiday #1

Moderators, i would, and this is just me, strike sharp and keen in shutting down this thread that will only lead to rancor, but thats just me, neil

2011/11/10 13:01
dietolive

Re:

The apostle Paul dealt sharply with apostate judiazers. And we know why:

He loved the souls of his people.

The shepherd bears and uses the rod for the very same reason.

He loves the sheep.

Be well all,
Doug

2011/11/10 13:14Profile

Re:

Dear Solomon101 --

I am not hear to make enemies nor friends. I'm just a messenger, I will speak the truth. The Savior told his disciples that I will send you out into the world and they will kill you. Which they did. Why? because they preached the truth, they did not bow down to their lies, hence these great men were persecuted, tracked down and murdered.

Do you think I'm surprised that you are calling me names, others are calling for my dismissal from this forum, because I'm telling them the truth? Do not participate in godworship and all of a sudden I'm a troll? really? This is the kinda love Christianity teaches right?

The Mistranslations of the Book of Galatians,Corinthians and Ephesians has led many astray. The Apostle Paul will never contradict the teachings of the Savior, nor will the Savior contradict the teachings of the Father. Why then is there so many contradictions in the bible? Satan inspired the mistranlations to deceive you. Evil, wicked men took the temple by force and burned it to the ground, Zion was plowed like a field just as the scriptures predicted.

Why do you find it so hard to believe the Apostle John when he said that satan has deceived the whole world (Rev 12:9) remember? Maybe the whole world doesn't include you, does it?

2011/11/10 13:19

Re:

HezWelling -

why do you have hatred brewing in your heart? you can agree or disagree. It's that simple. You want me expelled from the forum because I have a different opinion than yours? where is the so called love?

2011/11/10 13:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy