SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New Slogan for the SermonIndex Website Ministry... (update)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New Slogan for the SermonIndex Website Ministry... (update)

Brothers and Sisters,

It is wonderful to see God working through this website ministry in so many ways. I have been excited to be on the journey as God has been leading me personally through this ministry and my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. The major emphasis has been and will continue to be "revival" on this website. But I have felt at times there has been much talk and aiming towards revival at times but little of glorifying Christ in it.

There has been much effort, sacrifice, calling for surrender etc but little emphasis on the work of Christ on the Cross. I believe firmly that the Christian live begins and ends at the Cross. When the Spirit of God is poured out in revival it brings back the preciousness of Christ and the Cross of Christ to the soul (The Gospel) and re-propogates that message out by missions. All true revival and holy spirit outpourings result in the message of Jesus Christ to be proclaimed.

The Spirit testifies of Christ and glorifies Him.

"But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me." - John 15:26 (ESV)

So after prayer and consideration we have changed the slogan from: "Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival." to "Promoting Christ-Centered Revival"

And also the mission statement from:

"The mission of SermonIndex is the preservation and propagation of classical vintage preaching and the promotion of genuine biblical revival to this generation."

to...

"The mission of SermonIndex is the preservation and propagation of classical Biblical preaching and the promotion of Christ-centered revival to this generation."

May God's hand and blessing be even more on this finer emphasis in revival. And may many who promote revival adopt and see the importance of this.

We also posted a very simple "Gospel" statement on the banner from John Huss (1400).

"To avert from men God's wrath
Jesus suffered in our stead;
By an ignominious death
He A full atonement made.
Is your only hope His death?"

2011/4/9 23:35Profile
HeartSong

Re: New Slogan for the SermonIndex Website Ministry... (update)

Dear brother,
The LORD was showing me some of these very things today as I was reading a book by Art Katz. This is a most excellent change. God bless you for your obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

2011/4/10 0:10Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Very good, brother! We are continuing to lift this ministry in our prayers each day. Thank you for your willingness to work for the Lord in such a vital capacity.

There is indeed a famine in the land. However, it is wonderful that the Lord has provided a place where hungry believers can hear passionate and desperate cries for the Lord.

Revive us, Lord Jesus.

2011/4/10 0:47Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

What objective would be worthy of accomplishment were Christ himself not to be lifted up in glory to draw all men to him? This is an excellent move brother. Revival without Christ at its center would be, by definition...redaction. This is encouraging.

Praying for you. May God use this ministry to draw many believers into a deeper dimension of Christ's reality.

2011/4/10 1:25Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

I think that is good dear brother. Paul came preaching Christ and Him crucified.

2011/4/10 1:27Profile
Jeremy221

Genuine Biblical vs Christ-centered

Dear Brother Greg,

In truth the terms 'genuine Biblical' and 'Christ-centered' are of the same Spirit and may even be combined constructively. I would challenge you to consider the term 'promoting' instead as against 'proclaiming.'

2011/4/10 2:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Genuine Biblical vs Christ-centered

Brothers,

Thank you for your encouraging comments. are you saying brother that I should use proclaiming?

ie

Proclaiming Christ-Centered Revival?

I do like proclaiming in its definition as well as promoting:

promoting: "Further the progress of..."

proclaiming: "Announce, Officially or Publically."

2011/4/10 18:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I am just bringing this conversation up to the front for others that have not seen it or would like to comment on it.

2011/4/11 10:55Profile
makrothumia

Texas

I appreciate the focus

Dear Greg,

Thank you for refining the focus so that all things will point towards the one eternal purpose of God the Father, that everything be summed up unto ONE - even Jesus Christ alone.

As we soberly and sadly recognize, there are many seeking to revive a very different form of what they consider true biblical revival. This leaven is still leavening many.

May the same Spirit that compelled Paul to write = "and be found in Him, not having as my righteousness the righteousness of the Law, but the righteousness which is through faith in Christ" fill you and accomplish the Father's own good pleasure in you and through you in this ministry.

makrothumia

2011/4/11 12:15Profile
JoanM

Thanks for bringing this forward Greg. I had not seen it.

ON CHRIST-CENTERED REVIVAL – a clear and meaningful change

"Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival" is a good descriptive statement that alerts the reader to the reality that there are false counter-fits that this site discerns and rejects. It is like an "alert" statement.

HOWEVER it has alway bothered me in that although it says "biblical", it is not more specific. Biblical can suggest long arguments for example. "CHRIST-Centered Revival" is gloriously specific.

PLUS: the work of the Holy Spirit is so evident in revival on many levels - Your "The Spirit testifies of Christ and glorifies Him."(from John and also in Romans), is spot on.

PLUS: Christ is what God gives (His Word in person). That is the "biblical" in "biblical revival". In a sense, the whole bible is God giving Christ, life and re-vival.

ON THE MISSION STATEMENT – proclaiming, promoting, spreading abroad, publishing, . .

I very much like the Psm 68:11 Hebrew word (Strongs H1319) that is translated “publish” in KJV. There are wonderful jewels in that word including “show forth” which is the “making manifest” like the light that occurs in revival.

The verse is: “The Lord gave the word: great [was] the company of those that published [it].” AND There is the testimony on this site of personal revival (posters and at conferences), being made manifest.

However, I greatly regret how thin the English word “publish” is to English readers.

In any case, Huss “published” (H1319) the Word well. Praying with you on these things.

P.S. maybe "banner" is a better word than "slogan"

2011/4/11 13:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy