SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christmas is evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Yes, I agree Ginny. I updated my post, btw.

Thank you for your thoughts.

2010/11/30 10:01

Re:

And Ginny, I just wanted to add, neither person is wrong.

Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

What is wrong is to alienate each other and to judge each other.

Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

2010/11/30 10:05
rainydaygirl

Re:

I know that this time of year can be really hard for many who feel the pressure to live up to family and friends expectations for the perfect Christmas. I know as a relatively new believer this has been a real issue for me for a couple of years. I get that we count the cost and I know that we need to walk by faith but it does not make it any less painful. I think what hurts me the most is the attitudes I get from those inside the church. I have had those who call themselves brothers and sisters in Christ get angry with me because I don't come to Christmas eve service or because I don't attend their parties.I'm not rude and I don't hold them to my convictions but they take offense just the same. I guess it goes both ways there are those who are highly critical if you don't celebrate and them that are if you do. Anyway I get what some others have said about it being a difficult time of year

rdg

2010/11/30 10:10Profile

Re:

Don't get me wrong. I get it, too. I really want to be clear about that. It is a real shame and it all comes down to heart attitudes towards one another.

Jesus is the One that is important and walking in love, not all these other things that are passing away.

2010/11/30 10:16
allensmith

Re: Christmas is evil

Course it is! Easter also, the fertility festival, Christ-mass sounds so catholic, it so obvious not even worth debatable.

2010/11/30 10:40Profile

Re: Is it Xmas, evil, family and fun,commercial or forbidden?

It really has morphed from a Pagan festival honoring the Queen of heaven..[ for about 5000 years, celebrated on December 25th..]and the worship of the Baals,[fallen demon princes..], and the new birth of the ancient Satanic sun, to a Commercial/Party/Family Celebration; around the world.

I imagine there are yet some dark Druid and Babylonian cults today that actually practice the original Satanic worship intentions.

There can be no argument that it has nothing to do with Christ, as has been noted. Is it then intrinsically evil?

Rom 14:14 "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean."
pilgrim777

It is a MAJOR holiday when families congregate. This is neither good or evil. Everybody seems to enjoy themselves, and they get an holiday...[Even the poor..] Remember Tiny Tim?..:}

Gifts are given, geese are cooked, trees are decorated, cookies are left for Santa, all on December 25th, as it was with the pagan celebrations for millenia before Christ.It was unheard of in the true church until late in the 3rd century, introduced by Rome.[ the carrier of satanic Babylon ]

But, is it evil? Today, it is so shallow, so different from it symbolic roots, I doubt it; that is in itself as pilgrim777 noted.

It's expensive, and I don't like the idea of telling our children that Santa is an omnipotent being who KNOWS if you've been naughty or nice, and transcends the WORLD as he sees fit to distribute booty to the faithful.

I tell my grand-kids that Santa is a lie, and imply that Christmas is a fun family giving day, and celebration. Most children in America have faith in an all knowing god named Santa Claus, but have never heard about Jesus, the only omnipotent God of gods and Lord of lords. This is one shame about Christmas, for Christmas is largely for kids.

These ideas often hinder a child's faith later on, when they discover that Santa was a lie, propagated by Mom and Dad.A jaded mentality sets in, where any Divinity is questioned.

Imagine, if we told our children and grand-kids everyday that Jesus was the God who made them and us and all, and spoke of His sacrifice and death in the same simple terms?...starting at about 18 months or so; and PRAYED with them!!!!....and yet most parents assure them that Santa is coming. This may be an evil aspect of Christmas.

The weariness of the holiday, and the emotional pressure it puts on me, EVERY YEAR! is wearisome to me. I swear it off in January, and backslide that year every December.I guess, for me, it is a holiday, where I can get a happy time with my own. I give gifts to some, and go on with God. It doesn't affect my walk with God at all.

To the pure, all things are pure; yet, I think, we should strive to bring the lordship of Jesus into all aspects of our lives, including Xmas.

2010/11/30 11:47

Re:

There was a good book called "Pagan Christianity" that came out a couple years ago. Can't remember the authors name, but it discussed the pagan origins of many of the practices that we ALL participate in the evangelical church. Traditions we hold near and dear to our hearts in Biblical churches.

Why do we think those things are ok, but rip Christmas apart? We need to be consistent. If we are not going to participate in one thing because of it's pagan origins, we need to not participate in ALL things that have pagan origins.

Otherwise we are hypocrites.

2010/11/30 12:05
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

I have no problem not using Christmas as an occasion to celebrate Christ's birth since the bible doesn't require it, but if people choose to do so I don't mind either. What gets me is when people get bent out of shape if others don't observe the "religious significance" of Christmas and vice versa.

2010/11/30 12:07Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Quote:
Why do we think those things are ok, but rip Christmas apart? We need to be consistent. If we are going to condemn on thing because of it's pagan origins, we need to condemn ALL things that have pagan origins.

Some of us do not take part in any of the traditions even those in the church buildings of today. I for one don't but just like with Christmas I don't try to force my conviction on others in these things. The author of the book you mentioned I believe was Frank Viola.(i think)

Doesn't the Bible say something about the Traditions of men nullifying the Word of God???

rdg

2010/11/30 12:14Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Plus I really like the cookies. Definately the cookies.

2010/11/30 12:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy