SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bible prophecy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jdl

Bible prophecy

Hi everyone...I've been interested lately in biblical prophecy and I've been trying to do research on it from dependable sources...does anyone know a good place to look into for it? I have come across someone named Doug Batchelor and his programs called Amazing Facts...does anyone know him? Is he legit? Any help on this topic would be appreciated...I guess I feel maybe the whole concept of prophecy will kill my doubts and skeptical thoughts once and for all

2009/11/7 14:22Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Bible prophecy

Check out "The Mystery of Israel" by Reggie Kelly, at: http://the.mysteryofisrael.org/

Also check out "The Olivet Discourse" by Eli Brayley, at: http://www.olivetdiscourse.com/

The ministry of the late Art Katz is also significant: http://www.artkatzministries.org/

If you want some good books, check out the writings of David Baron, Adolph Saphir, John Bright, Robert Mounce, and George Ladd. I don't agree with everything these guys have to say, but, they are definitely in the right school of thought. You can learn a lot from them.

2009/11/7 14:41Profile

Take a deep breath...[url=http://www.fulfilledcg.com/Site/Video/watch_intro.htm]Video[/url]

2009/11/7 14:59
Jdl

Re:

Thanks for the responses guys...I need some serious help again...it's a bit off topic, but I didn't wanna clog up the board and create another thread...I know the Bible talks about giants and that they were created by the "sons of God" mating with women...does that mean God made angels with the same reproductive organs as us? I heard someone suggets that these could have been aliens...someone please shed light on this...my mind is going all over the place and it's about to explode with all this...I'm practically in tears

2009/11/7 19:02Profile
INGRACE

Jackson,AL.

I have an interest in Eschatology,but I'm kinda skiddish about discussing the subject,because people can very ugly when this subject is discussed.
I've seen a ugly side of people when this subject is discussed,and I've Christian people of various sides of the prophecy schools of thought get pretty dogmatic and hateful,when having a difference of view of Eschatology than another brother or sister in The Lord.

2009/11/7 19:06Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Hey Jdl:

Doug Batchelor and Amazing Facts is a publication of the Seventh Day Adventists. It is packaged without the SDA name so that people watching it won't initially be turned off by the denominational tie. I would suggest that Amazing Facts is NOT the place to go to get solid biblical teaching on eschatology.

Just reading some of your posts, I have a question that you may answer if you like, or not if you don't wish to. Are you a fairly new Christian?

If so may I suggest that eschatology, as interesting a study as it is, is probably not the first place to focus your energies. I would focus more on the gospels, the book of Acts, then Paul's letters. It is not that there is anything wrong with studying eschatology, but there are things that will edify and build you up spiritually that might take precedence initially in your walk with Christ.

2009/11/7 19:18Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

Jdl wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys...I need some serious help again...it's a bit off topic, but I didn't wanna clog up the board and create another thread...I know the Bible talks about giants and that they were created by the "sons of God" mating with women...does that mean God made angels with the same reproductive organs as us? I heard someone suggets that these could have been aliens...someone please shed light on this...my mind is going all over the place and it's about to explode with all this...I'm practically in tears

I have been a born-again Christian for 24 years, and although I have read the whole bible including that particular passage many times now, it has never bothered me. It is merely an account of early events that has little bearing, if any, in our spiritual lives. Nevertheless, we must accept it as absolute truth since it is part of the inerrant word of God. I fail to understand why this should upset you or bring you to tears, unless you are trying to believe by sight and not by faith.

It is by faith and only by faith that we see. We can never understand our infinite God and his infinite ways with our finite minds. Where Scripture is concerned, we must seek to trust and obey rather than to understand. Our belief is by faith, and not by sight or intellect.

[i]Pr 3:5-6 "[b]Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight[/b]."[/i]

2009/11/7 19:54Profile
INGRACE

Jackson,AL.

I'm not dogmatic about this,but I do lean towards the view of kingdom Eschatology.
This site would be of interest,for anyone interested in checking out that viewpoint.

http://mikeblume.com/prophecy.htm

2009/11/7 22:09Profile

Re:

JDL, you seem to be someone who is new in the faith and I would highly advise you to quit looking into bible prophecy and these little side issues that don't amount to a hill of beans. It's the devils business to get us side tracked into endless questions as to "where did Cain get his wife"? There are no direct answers in the bible, therefore leave off this search and seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Dwell on the righteousness of God and what Justification through the blood of Jesus Christ has done for you. Dwell on sanctification and learn the milk of the word. These are foundational and will strengthen your inner man and all these other petty issues will fall by the way side.

Don't concern yourself about getting an answer to these people that ask these types of question, they are not interested in knowing more about Christ. Their interests are perverted.

2009/11/7 22:19
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Bible prophecy is important to understand, and an understanding of the Scriptures that is devoid of a knowledge of the things pertaining to God's overall plan for history and the things yet to come is an understanding that is not acceptable for the life of a believer. However with that said, I believe our understanding of prophecy can be likened unto the tying of a shoe. First you must lace the shoe before you actually make the bow needed to securely tie it. For those who are young in the Lord, you should work on properly lacing your shoes together first, and getting a firm grasp of the rest of Scriptures before you try to tackle an in-depth knowledge of these areas.

There is a great need for balance. The first year or two I was a Christian, I devoted myself to reading endless material on things about the last days. Then God got a hold of me and showed me I needed to understand a lot of other things first. Only in the last three years have I truly come to start grasping a lot of things about the end times. Never neglect to study things about the last days, as is the error of some who see it as pointless. If you study closely the writings of the apostle Paul, you will see that his understanding of the last days was ultimately the thread that linked all his other theology together. It was very important to him. But, it was not the central thrust of his message.

2009/11/7 22:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy