SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : By His Stripes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

"Then Paul makes very plain that physical perfection on our human body level is not for our present life: a warning note to those who offer complete physical healings and major on a physical healing ministry. Paul tells us that our bodies remain corrupted and mortal. The replacement of corruption by incorruption is only at the Lord's coming (1 Corinthians 15:42-44;52-55). meanwhile, let's not fool ourselves on the physical level. We "suffer" with all the creation, and our "salvation" on that level is by hope, not faith. It is a prospect not within our present reach (8:23-25)."

Norman Grubb

http://www.normangrubb.com/Paul's%20Key%20to%20the%20Liberated%20Life.htm

(This is the same link referenced in another posting.)

2004/7/15 11:13Profile

Hi

I know I said I would drop it, but I just happend to wonder back here, and noticed there were some comments made that perhaps I should address. First of, If I have offended any of my brothers or sisters in Christ, I am truely sorry. I do not want to have any argument with any of you. If you do not agree with the revelations of the Bible I have recieved, that is fine. We have common ground, Jesus Christ is the way , the truth and the life. Thats a great start. I agree that I sounded very harsh to some of you. I dont mean to sound harsh, I just have this desire, to help others see what I believe is a more extensive deliverance the Lord wants for us, than just our future in Heaven. I do not mean to imply if you dont accept it here, you wont go to heaven. I just mean that I have compassion for the sick, and poor, and would like to be able to show them, their God wants to be their exceeding great reward.

I have no ill feelings towards any of you, and I hope that you can forgive me if you have any towards me. I just wanted to come here, and share the Good News of Peace with you guys. To help those who claim the so called 'Prosperity Gospel' is false doctrine, I wanted to show those guys, that its not false. Its no different to me than if I wanted to try and show a lost soul about Jesus Christ.

I have compassion, and althought I do a horrible job at showing that, I am very sorry to you all. I see the Church today as being greatly divided, and thats not something which we need. So again I say, I love you all, you are my brothers and my sisters. We are seated together in Christ Jesus. Perhaps, I'll talk more to you guys, I will pray that the Lord will give me patience, to answer more... lovingly from now on. May God Bless us all, may his Holy Spirit help us walk together through the Word of Truth.

Mitch

2004/7/15 14:27
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Hi

Quote:
I have no ill feelings towards any of you, and I hope that you can forgive me if you have any towards me.

Thank you for your kind words and your apology is accepted with open arms, I do think I reacted in some ways that aren't of a Christ-like spirit even though in my mind the intentions where good, but at the same time I do think that much of what I said was truth and cannot disregarded. We (including me) are not against you but for you and desire you be seek after the truth as much as any other man that comes to this site.

Quote:
I just wanted to come here, and share the Good News of Peace with you guys. To help those who claim the so called 'Prosperity Gospel' is false doctrine, I wanted to show those guys, that its not false. Its no different to me than if I wanted to try and show a lost soul about Jesus Christ.

Again I think this is 100% WRONG I am saved and believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and I know I have the Holy Spirit of God. Because I show you clearly from the Scriptures and Scripture that the 'prosperity gospel' (so called) is not truth does not mean that I am not a Chrisitan, I believe as you said in your post that we all believe that Jesus is the way, that is definetly our common ground. But we cannot stop there, if the Jesus who we have accepted in the Jesus who is truth and leads into truth then we must pursue that course as God leads, which is sometimes slower than our wills would like.

Quote:
have compassion, and althought I do a horrible job at showing that, I am very sorry to you all. I see the Church today as being greatly divided, and thats not something which we need.

Yes, this is something that grieves me immensily everyday almost. I do believe that we can have profitable conversion even on this topic of divine healing if its done in love from both sides. Lets compare scripture with Scripture and have patience with each other. Thanks again for your post even though you said you would 'drop it' I am glad you did not :-D .

2004/7/15 14:37Profile

Re:

Alrighty then, let us continue more peacefully with our discussion on divine healing. First let me state, that I do not think of myself as being greedy, to me, this is just an issue of accepting a gift from my heavenly Father. First off, lets just go with the words of Jesus Christ.

John 14 (KJV)
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

That of course isn't really a direct promise of healing, however, we know Jesus went around healing the sick. The Bible actually states most times, that he 'healed all the sick' when he went places. Except his own hometown, it says he could not do many great works there, because of their unbelief. So I feel the Lord is showing us here, that as a believer, we will take the name of Jesus, and be able to speak healing into any situation.

Like I said, thats not where I read the promises of healing, but it is a place where I can go when I need something taken care of in my life, and use the name of Jesus as we have been given the right to do, and Jesus as he said, will bring it to pass.

So perhaps this is a good place to start. I do hope I can be more Christlike from now on with the conversations in here.

Mitch

2004/7/15 14:50
KeithLaMothe

Re:

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Thank you both for your humility, Mitch and Greg; or rather thanks be to God for giving you that grace.

To repeat the Galatians 5:22-23 list again: love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control; let us not neglect them :)

"If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it."

Sounds pretty comprehensive, and certainly not to be ignored or passed off as "too good to be true" without due consideration.

The Bible qualifies this concept of "ask and ye shall receive" several places in the N.T.

James 1 (NASB)
5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
6 But he [b]must ask in faith without any doubting[/b], for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For that man [b]ought not to expect[/b] that he will receive [b]anything[/b] from the Lord,
8 being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

The idea being that one must actually have faith that the Lord will grant the request (the context here is about asking for wisdom, but it would seem to me to be easily extended to a request for "anything"), before one can "expect" to "receive." I think the Lord will sometimes still graciously give anyway, but we would have no grounds to expect Him to do so.

James 4 (NASB)
2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. [b]You do not have because you do not ask[/b].
3 [b]You ask and do not receive[/b], [b][u]because[/u] you ask with [u]wrong motives[/u][/b], so that you may spend it on your pleasures.
4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Here James is, well, not being very kind to certain people who are driven by lusts and worldliness. First he says they "do not have" because they "do not ask," but then says they "ask and do not receive" because they "ask with wrong motives," specifically that they intend to spend the blessing on their own selfish desires (if that's a reasonable interpretation of "pleasures," and I think so).

1 John 5 (KJV)
14 And this is the [b]confidence[/b] that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing [b]according to his will[/b], he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Here, I think, is the key: "according to his will."

2004/7/15 15:33Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
So I feel the Lord is showing us here, that as a believer, we will take the name of Jesus, and be able to speak healing into any situation.

Hi Mitch,
you may well 'feel' that this is what the Lord is showing you here, but this is not Biblical Christianity. To 'ask in the name of Jesus' is to ask for what He has authorised you to ask for. If not you could apply this logic to anything; you could just as well ask for a Cadillac or a Space Shuttle.

2004/7/15 15:35Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Good evening/day to all, wherever you may live.

Quote:

To 'ask in the name of Jesus' is to ask for what He has authorised you to ask for. If not you could apply this logic to anything.

Is that what Jesus has told me as a personal believer, or what is generally spoken of through the word?

Can you guys explain the reference to Isaiah 53 in Mathew 8. In that context it was the healing of Peters mother if I remember correctly?
Zeke

2004/7/15 16:06Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi ZekeO

Quote:
Is that what Jesus has told me as a personal believer, or what is generally spoken of through the word?

I would say both, but do reread Keith's post on this matter too.

Quote:
Can you guys explain the reference to Isaiah 53 in Mathew 8. In that context it was the healing of Peters mother if I remember correctly?

that was the purpose of my long post of 2004/7/13 16:31 in this thread. (obviously another example of 'Jerome labouring abundantly but leaving it unexplained'. ;-) )

2004/7/15 16:19Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

(obviously another example of 'Jerome labouring abundantly but leaving it unexplained'. ;-) )

I think you and Oscar Wilde might have something in common. :-P

Quote:

A time is coming when there will be a new earth and a new heaven; for the first heaven and the first earth are passed away…(Rev 21:1) This will be at the consummation of all things, but that time has not yet arrived. When that time comes the Atonement will find its full and perfect consequence

It says in the Psalms:

Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits--
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases.
Psalm 103:2,3

In the light of what you have said is this healing of diseases only to 'expected/guaranteed' at the atonement? There seems to be no future tense about what the Psalmist is saying, It is almost as if he saying to anyone who will hear, this is who you are to me, now.

Quote:

This verse is a promise of Health rather than of Healing. Their obedience will guarantee their continuing health, but their disobedience will bring sickness.

In the light of the above verse, it appears that someone who is sick can expect to be healed by the Lord as part of his benefits towards us as Jews of the heart(Rom2:29). And not just a promise that if you obey you won’t get sick.

Quote:

The text in Isaiah refers properly to the taking away of sin; and this in the evangelist, to the removal of corporeal afflictions: but, as the diseases of the body are the emblems of the sin of the soul, Matthew, referring to the prediction of the prophet, considered the miraculous healing of the body as an emblem of the soul’s salvation by Christ Jesus.”

The word ‘and’ separates the two thoughts. So are they being combined as being part of a
[i]emblem of the soul’s salvation by Christ Jesus?[/i] Or are they two seperate activities that God can and I believe is willing to do?
To those that ask, that is. ;-)

Zeke

2004/7/15 17:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
you may well 'feel' that this is what the Lord is showing you here, but this is not Biblical Christianity. To 'ask in the name of Jesus' is to ask for what He has authorised you to ask for. If not you could apply this logic to anything; you could just as well ask for a Cadillac or a Space Shuttle.

I see what you are saying, but if I am greedy, and become selfish in what I ask for. If I am going outside the bounds of what God wants for my life, then am I truely saved? I have to believe, I am no longer a true follower of Jesus if I am asking for things that the Father would not want me to have.

Let me try to put it a different way, I am not saying, if someone gets greedy, they are hellbound. That is not for me to judge. What I am asking, is this. If a man goes and asks something that is unscriptural, is he realling believing in Jesus, or is he just.. believing in himself? He can still be saved, surely, but he obviously knows nothing about Jesus.

So I would have to believe, just like many other scriptures in the Bible, this is something that is there for the believer, but we have to realize, we aren't really faithful and believing if we do not understand what God wants for us. We might still make it into heaven, but I doubt we will see much of a blessing on our lives, because we do not understand God's will.

So I guess what I'm saying, is that if you ask for a cadillac, well I dont really know. That depends on weather or not you feel peace about it in your spirit man. Perhaps that is what God would want you to have, however, I'd prefer if a man needed a car, he just go to the Father and say Lord, I need a card, you bless me with this however you see fit, but I know you will bless me with this gift.

In other words, I see where you are coming from, but Jesus said, anything we ask. He put no condition on it, except that we are a believer. And I do not think a true believer, will ever want to ask for something outside the will of God.

Mitch

2004/7/15 17:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy