SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Todd Bentley

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Todd Bentley

(I decided to change the title of this thread without changing the subject matter. I hope that's ok with the moderators if not please let me know.)

Can't we have just one Todd Bentley, thread so that were not cluttering up the forum? Just a suggestion... This is all you see for the most part when you come on here.

2008/7/25 19:20
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Can't We have Just One Todd Bentley Thread?

HAVEN'T WE GIVEN THIS GUY ENOUGH PRESS?? AMEN
TO YOUR POST!!

2008/7/25 22:16Profile

If only he would just go away! Over 10 million[estimate..on line..maybe more..NBC, CBS, ABC, NIGHTLINE, FOX, HIRALDO, AND GROWING! More endorsements daily. GODTV[oxymoron] Youtube, facebook...on and on..

Maybe the biggest splash since Billy Graham. He is affecting 10s of thousands for the devil. for now, a standard and a wall is being raised. Sermonindex is only a small section of that wall, but I believe an important one. Ministries nationwide are standing firm against. The crowds are shrinking a little in Lakeland, and Bentley is invading Europe in mid August. I believe many are waking up because of the stand...Nationwide and here.

"The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church."

It is not over yet, but I sense a shift in the tide. We will go away when he does, as he affects the well being of the body.

See Crsschks.[Mike Balog ] post on Bentley's healings "Verifiable" it is brilliant, and right on. Answers this question to the T.

2008/7/25 22:49

Re:

I understand that it needs to be exposed.

I will be glad when he takes his toys and goes home because he's sure made a mess of our living room.

2008/7/26 3:54
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I will be glad when he takes his toys and goes home because he's sure made a mess of our living room.

Most TV does this! Why not turn it off! This fellow cannot come into your living room except that you allow it. He is not the problem!

Quote:
We will go away when he does, as he affects the well being of the body.

Interestingly, no one talks about him here, and I haven’t seen anything on TV.

I see it this way: The authentic will stand, the unauthentic will fall. Why try beating down a falling wall! Let God do that. Our fleshly attempts merely put bricks into the wall. (Remember, bad press against something gives fuel to the thing.)

Quote:
We will go away when he does,

Perhaps he is a test for us all, a lure? Are we going to let a man consume our thoughts and our passions, or will it be Jesus? After all, if Christ is not pre-eminent in our lives, if we are not filled to the brim with his love, if we are not about doing the business God has called us to: shine for Jesus, then we will have nothing to offer in place of the unauthentic.

May the Lord direct our thoughts, sights, and passions back to Jesus, and enable us to be ambassadors of Christ, living letters, and ministers of reconciliation. What our minds dwell on, that is what will emanate from us. We have only so much brain space, why waste it.

”Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” Col. 3:2

Diane

2008/7/26 12:04Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Quote:

Rivqah wrote:

....So that were not cluttering up the forum? Just a suggestion... This is all you see for the most part when you come on here.

Does anyone else see the irony in starting a new thread to say this.8-)

2008/7/26 12:34Profile

Re:

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
Quote:

Most TV does this! Why not turn it off! This fellow cannot come into your living room except that you allow it. He is not the problem!

Diane

Oh, that was just a figure of speech sister, this is the LIVING room I was referring to. :-) I don't watch t.v. I haven't watched t.v. in five years except for the news occasionally. I hate the news too it's depressing. Since most everyone lives here for the most part I called it "Our Living Room". :-)

No, I only watched Todd Bentley, once for about 20 minutes and never watched it again. I also have never read any of the threads about him. I am trying to focus on things above.

2008/7/26 15:25

Re:

Quote:

CJaKfOrEsT wrote:
Quote:

Rivqah wrote:

....So that were not cluttering up the forum? Just a suggestion... This is all you see for the most part when you come on here.

Does anyone else see the irony in starting a new thread to say this.8-)

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

2008/7/26 15:26
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Oh, that was just a figure of speech sister, this is the LIVING room I was referring to

Sorry, I now feel foolish for missing your point. However, I plead with you that you will accept the spirit of my post, as it applies all the more to your actual underlying meaning (or the one I am assuming you mean: our minds) Hey, our minds, not just living rooms and forums, need to be kept uncluttered from that which defiles it, right? And, of course, it’s up to us to choose to dwell on that which is pure, lovely, admirable, of good repute, excellent, praiseworthy. (That’s a little sermon to me.)

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.
May the Word of God dwell richly ...

Diane

2008/7/26 17:11Profile

Re:WHY.

Quote:

Brotherton wrote:

If only he would just go away! Over 10 million[estimate..on line..maybe more..NBC, CBS, ABC, NIGHTLINE, FOX, HIRALDO, AND GROWING! More endorsements daily. GODTV[oxymoron] Youtube, facebook...on and on..

Maybe the biggest splash since Billy Graham. He is affecting 10s of thousands for the devil. for now, a standard and a wall is being raised. Sermonindex is only a small section of that wall, but I believe an important one. Ministries nationwide are standing firm against. The crowds are shrinking a little in Lakeland, and Bentley is invading Europe in mid August. I believe many are waking up because of the stand...Nationwide and here.

"The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church."

It is not over yet, but I sense a shift in the tide. We will go away when he does, as he affects the well being of the body.

See Crsschks.[Mike Balog ] post on Bentley's healings "Verifiable" it is brilliant, and right on. Answers this question to the T.

I have bumped this thread, because I do feel it is important to keep a thread open, to continue to dialogue, and expose, in the light of the Bible, and holy discernment.

Why? A standard lifted up, in Jesus's name...so that those headed for the snare would see, and not step in it. So that those who have, would be delivered, as they realize that Bentley is evil, and of Satan. To present the True Jesus, and the true gospel, of repenting from our evil works, and heart unto trusting him, and continually believing in His goodness.

Sermonindex has had an impact upon this demonic ministry. Maybe small in comparison, but the combined , and God inspired outrage of many, have opened some eyes, and maybe put some doubt into his supporters and benefactors. Sermonindex has the vehicle, along with the resources, in light of the many great men of God in the past, and now, to clearly illuminate the doctrines, and acts of unclean spirits, masquerading as sons of God.

Sermonindex also has this forum. A mighty tool of expression..[it can be used to edify, or tear down though..], and perhaps more important, Declaration. We have declared, in the face of stern opposition, that this..[Bentleys operation and "anointing] is the warning the Bible has said will come.. [b]strong delusion![/b] It is very clear here...but that is because of the Apostolic foundations that are embraced here. These are not everywhere. These are the hard to find, and the hard to hear foundations.

These teachings, and views held here as commonplace, and are decidedly uncommon. I think they must be taken advantage of, or unappreciated, by some on the forums, as the treasure they are....compiled and accessible. Wow!

But embracing these teachings of repentence, and faith, in the world of our lives; will change us, as we believe. If we believe in faith, we will become like, and as JESUS of Nazareth. Satan hates this! He is always looking for avenues to disrupt the unity, and to attack the perpetrators of holy life. [remember the moderators...they need strength and wisdom, more than you can imagine.]

I feel an obligation to continue to lift up this standard, to those here, my brothers, and to those there, that may be influenced by evil. I do not want them lost, or devoured. I am obviously not alone in this effort, nor do I want to refer myself as a leader in it. I am a shepherd..I have a portion of Jesus's heart for the lost, and dying. This is that, and why we must continue to "cry out". Many have heard, and understood. Bentley, like it or not, is somewhat on the defensive now.

This is a good thing. Recently he has sanitized his historical teachings, having them edited. [trying to expunge Abraham's advice...what's up with that?] lol....

Recently he has denied saying some more radical things about female angels...[Emma got too hot to handle!]...His crowds are shrinking some, overall. [ largely inflated by the college crowd who gathered as an "event" "happening" experience, with free heavy metal rock concerts!...in the pitch black night..] well, school is back, and they must go...and so is Todd....to Europe, and a new start...

Only, as the black cloud lifts, and wings her way to the old country, the aftermath remains. There is no peace in this carnival. A massive deflation is coming in many, many people...as they encounter life, without the stimulation and hypnotic sensuality. Sermonindex will be here, but we must continue to say. that this is that, and trumpet the Way, also.

These are my thoughts. As I have said before, I will say again. This is not flattery. I am grateful to Sermonindex to be allowed to voice my indignation, and concerns. This is a rare thing, because much reproach, and vicious attack follows those who hoist that flag up..[think of Iwo Jima as you think of a standard]

So far, [and I hope forever], Sermonindex has been willing to pay that price, and I am grateful.

2008/7/27 13:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy