SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Was Wigglesworth serious?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Julian, since I didn't write that article, you need to address the person who wrote it that they have an unteachable spirit.

L.T.Halsey said " If one who believes that healing is in the atonement on the same basis as the forgiveness of sins, is anointed and prayed for and not healed, then how could they be sure their sins were forgiven ?

1 Jn.5:13 tells us we may know that we have eternal life NOW. On the same basis, we would know that we have immortal bodies now. Our diseases would be taken away just as our sins are taken away. This we know is not the case.

Christ redeemed our spirit, soul and body on the cross. But the curse, though judged is still operative. Satan though judged is still at liberty. Sickness and death. Though judged, are still taking their toll. The day of full redemption has not come. We see not yet all things put under his feet (Heb.2:8) The redemption of our bodies will come when Christ comes for the church, this is our blessed hope (1 Cor. 15;51-53; Titus 2:13; 1 Thess. 4:13-18)."

Why didn’t we receive physical healing when we first believed? The same faith we used to be saved spiritually by certainly is enough to be healed with. So in essence if it is a guarantee, then all should be physically cured at the same time they are saved.

We have not seen such a demonstration in all the history of the church its not even found in the Bible. The truth is some of the most spiritual people which have Christ fortitude are afflicted, and know him in a way many of us will not. They are the ones who need to exercise complete faith each and every day, sometimes for the smallest of needs that we all take for granted.

If you pray to be healed and are not, does this mean you don't have ANY faith? Because Jesus said it only took the smallest amount to move a mountain. Does this mean you may not be saved because you have not been healed? How much more faith do we need for our healing then we used for our salvation?

If one is sick or even dies because of a lack of faith then how do they know they have salvation? Because that same faith that cannot make them well. This would mean only those who are physically healed are really saved. If a believer asks for healing and is not healed, how does he know that when he asks for forgiveness that his sins are actually forgiven? These are logical questions that need to be answered.

If someone came up to you when your child was sick and said he was a doctor let me prescribe medicine for him. You would probably say I don’t know you, your not my physician let me see your credentials before I accept what you say. Why do we not do this in the church when someone comes in and says he can lay hands on the child and he will be healed or let me lead you into a new experience of the Holy Spirit. Should we not ask their views on Christ and other essential doctrines before we give our loved ones or ourselves into their hands. I think So!

Do not be deceived by the false promises and false teachings of popular charismatic leaders that take Scriptures out of their context. Follow the Bible and avoid those who promote error and confusion. Then peace will come in any situation your in, whether your sick or healthy.

Here's another unteachable spirit!!

http://www.letusreason.org/Wf10.htm

Katy

2008/4/2 15:21

Re:

Katy-did,

I'm aware that it was not written by you but you do hold to it or you would not have posted it. What i am referring to is your constant on and on and on with your views and doctrines. I won't go back and forth with you because you love that. I stand by what i said in my last post about you, below:

Quote:
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Quote:
You do not have a "teachable" Spirit, just a lot of head knowledge and doctrine. It's Katy's way or no way. Spend more quality time in much prayer instead of trying to explain your own views on every subject, thereby manipulating God's Word to suit your own osas doctrine on others. You do not profit the masses on sermon index with your constant explaining of scripture on every nit pick issue using your own views, over and over and over again. It would appear you have more of an [u]agenda[/u] than anything else.

You know so much you know nothing. Ever heard that phrase before? As for that site, i'm already aware of it.You however have not understood in the least what i have tried to convey to you. You like to reprove others yet yourself you cannot be reproved. Why? Because your always or mostly right, according to you. So very sad. I'll say no more, as i disagree with almost everything you say. Goodbye to you.

2008/4/2 15:31

Re:

Julian,

Did David ask YOU a question?

God Bless you Julian!!

2008/4/2 16:01

Re:

Quote:
Spend more quality time in much prayer instead of trying to explain your own views on every subject, thereby manipulating God's Word to suit your own osas doctrine on others.

WOW, that took a few to sink in.

I didn't know we were discussing OSAS! Are we discussing OSAS?

So are you saying when you get sick..you lose your salvation?

I'm not being funny here. Just wondering if you believe guaranteed health comes with salvation....and because you do not believe in t the eternal security of the believer...then you lose your salvation when you get sick?

Julian.....maybe you are not aware of this , but I do not answer every thread here on SI. As a matter of fact, very few. Why...because I do not know the answer to all of these threads. But those I do, comes from HEART knowledge, not head.

Anyone can comment on anything from the head...but the Heart comes from a personal relationship...wrought in.

If David asked me a question...I can comment on scripture without bringing in a commentary ALL THE TIME. But if one needs a commentary ALL the time, then something is surely missing.....heart knowledge.

If I use along side someone else's opinion, that can say it better then I can...is there anything wrong with that. Seems like much of this is on SI.

OSAS is not being discussed here, unless you were offended by the scriptures on GRACE! So, it's GRACE that offends you?

I don't always agree with you, but I don't think I have ever thought myself to be GOD and appointed myself judge and jury on your heart.

I have to say how much I like debating David as we have even privately pm'd one another and have as much as said so. Do you see him making these comments? NO!!!!

You know Julian, I remember when Krispy got so angry with you for making a judgement call on him. Even though I could understand his anger,((because this is not the first time you have made a judgement call on me ))however in spite of that... I stood by you........when no one else did! Now Julian.....that's HEART! ;-)

If I wanted to join in the bashing Julian thread...wouldn't that have satisfied my head?

((It's on the wine thread...not the bash Julian thread...I didn't join in that one)))

Don't you ever Judge me or anyone again!!!!!

Katy

2008/4/2 17:21

Re:

deleted by poster

2008/4/2 17:51
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

A man once said:

"How can you call yourselves Christians and be so mean?"

We need to sit back, relax and buy some gold refined in the fire. Take the time to be acquainted with the Holy Spirit and the Word.

2008/4/2 18:07Profile

Re:

deleted by poster

2008/4/2 18:09
psalm1

Re:

this is good;

"Faith is just the open door through which the Lord comes. Do not say, "I was healed by faith." Faith does not save. God saves through that open door. Healing comes the same way. You believe, and the virtue of Christ comes. Healing is for the glory of God. I am here because God healed me when I was dying; and I have been all round the world preaching this full redemption, doing all I can to bring glory to the wonderful name of Jesus, through whom I was healed.

"Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon thee." The Lord told us in one place about an evil spirit going out from a man. The house that he left got all swept arid garnished, but it received no new occupant. And that evil spirit, with seven other spirits more wicked than himself, went back to that unoccupied house, and the last stage of the man was worse than the first. The Lord does not heal you to go to a baseball game or to a race meet. He heals you for His glory and that from henceforth your life shall glorify Him. But this man remained stationary. He did not magnify God. He did not seek to be filled with the Spirit. And his last state became worse than the first.

The Lord would so cleanse the motive and desires of our hearts that we will seek but one thing only, and that is, His glory. I went to a certain place one day and the Lord said, "This is for My glory." A young man had been sick for along time confined to his bed in an utterly hopeless condition. He was fed only with a spoon, and was never dressed. The weather was damp, and so I said to the people of the house, "I wish you would put the young man's clothes by the fire to air." At first they would not take any notice of my request, but because I was persistent, they at last got out his clothes, and, when they were aired, I took them into his room.
..............wigglesworth

David

2008/4/2 21:52Profile
psalm1

Re:

I wanted to re-post this,does anyone know who wrote this song?;

O God of burning, cleansing flame, Send the fire

Your blood - bought gift today we claim, Send the fire today

God of Elijah, hear our cry, Send the fire

And make us fit to live or die, send the fire today

To burn up every trace of sin, to bring the light and glory in

The revolution now begins, Send the fire today