SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Marriage, Divorce, and ReMarriage.. Toward a Biblical Perspective

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
Quote:

FOC wrote:
Additionally, mrbillpro, can you see Paul telling those in the church to simply allow false doctrines instead of fighting against them?
that idea is foreign to both the Gospel and the word of God as a whole.

Whatever your on a mission here a blind man could see that, I said what I felt about this kind of stuff being exposed to the whole forum and I don't think it's healthy, I don't know why it could not be taken to PM's so I will say goodbye to this thread because I sure don't want to get caught up in this nor be any part of it, carry on solder. :-(

interesting.
so *Im* supposed to remain silent while cindy is free to present her doctrinal stance here?

You DO understand the concept of a discussion forum, I assume.

And I have debated these folks privately and no longer do so by my own judgment.

WHO might be enlightened when two folks exchange words privately? No one, thats who.

cindy isnt going to change so PMS are a waste of time. Someone on the OPEN forums might find direction in seeing this discussion unfold.

And if you feel to leave this thread, please do so.
As a man of your word, Im holding you to this as your brother in Christ.

wm

2006/5/19 21:07

Re: Marriage, Divorce, ReMarriage - towards a biblical perspective

Quote:
Are we not called to a higher calling to live as Christ.....to die to our selves for His sake?

Hi Cindy,

I started answering your post in order of your points, and it got longer and longer, so, I've decided to begin at the end, where really you touch on the heart of the matter, in your sentence which I've quoted.

Please, please, do not think I'm nit-picking here. This is a major topic, and every nuance of emphasis needs to be extracted from the relevant scriptures.

Your sentence is loaded with active verbs, apart from the first one, 'called', with which I agree.

There is, however, a big difficulty for anyone who thinks they have to die for His sake, as this is not possible. We only can [i]receive[/i] His death for our sake. This is all we are required to believe into. Our faith in His death, sets us free from sin.

And, through His death, He opens the way for us to enter a relationship with His Father, who can be our Father, after we have repented of our sins, and been forgiven. Thus cleansed by His blood, we may receive the Holy Spirit who enables us to live as Christ.

For [i]years[/i], I did not understand the beauty of receiving His all-sufficient death on my own behalf, but it is the simplest thing to do, and it is a step which cannot be avoided if resurrection life is to be engaged effectively.

I would like to leave these few thoughts for now, and return to answer the earlier points you raised, in a future post.

2006/5/20 17:03
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Sure is a semantics fest in here....

GOD help us...

2006/5/20 18:04Profile

Re:

Quote:

Scroggins wrote:
Sure is a semantics fest in here....

GOD help us...

interesting and unproductive post.
could you expound upon this accusation?

If you believe as much, can you offer your own work and detailed studies on this matter?

Do you consider any discussion where much time, study and effort is spent in relaying information as 'semantics'?

You sound a bit like a friend of mine who continually tells me that too much learning is wrong, even if its Gods word.
Does 'study to show yourself approved' sound familiar?

Regardless of your stance on this issue, this discussion is hardly a game of words.
If you feel as much, possibly you simply are unable to grasp what is being presented.
if so, feel free to inquire and Im quite sure any poster here will be more than happy to help clear things up for you.

If youre simply being insulting, then you might consider not wasting diskspace and bandwidth posting irrelevance.

God bless

2006/5/20 20:14
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
There is, however, a big difficulty for anyone who thinks they have to die for His sake, as this is not possible. We only can receive His death for our sake. This is all we are required to believe into. Our faith in His death, sets us free from sin.

Dorcas,

When we are born again through faith in Christ and repent of our dead works, we DO die. I think we can agree though that our flesh is still alive and kicking and it is our flesh that we are called to put to death on a daily basis as the Lord reveals those areas in which we place "self" above the kingdom of God. Scripture teaches that "it is no longer I that live, but Christ who lives within me". Jesus also taught that "whosoever shall seek to save his life will lose it and whosoever shall seek to lose their life for my name's sake, shall save their life".

The Christian walk is all about DYING to self for the kingdom of God's sake. We are no longer here to satisfy our own wants and desires, but are here to glorify and represent on earth our Lord in Heaven----what we seek to do should reflect what is done in heaven. In other words, whatever we do, should be what Jesus would do. I don't think that's 'pie in the sky'. That's what we are called to because of what was done for us. It is our reasonable service. The world, who will not die, do not care to follow Jesus and are not called to be "light". We however, are called to be light in a dark world----showing the world God's love to the unlovely/undeserving. We are not called to follow the world's ways of handling our tribulations. Blessings in Him, Cindy

2006/5/20 20:53Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

What accusation has been made Bro. FOC?

Semantics is the trouble here.

Quote:
Regardless of your stance on this issue, this discussion is hardly a game of words.
If you feel as much, possibly you simply are unable to grasp what is being presented.
if so, feel free to inquire and Im quite sure any poster here will be more than happy to help clear things up for you.

These people do play word games Brother. Plain and simple.

Some more grace could be needed on your part, but never the less, thank you for your disdain for me Brother.

2006/5/20 21:43Profile

Re:

Scroggins.
when you pop in, make the assertion you did without backing it with some evidence of some sort, it simply makes it seem like youre being sarcastic with everyone in the thread.

I think a bit more grace could have been offered on your part by simply not responding here if youre not happy with the content so you didnt offend anyone needlessly, dont you think?

2006/5/20 22:08
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Quote:
Matthew 5:27-32 (KJV)

27Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

31It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32But I say unto you, That [u]whosoever shall put away his wife, [b]saving for the cause of fornication[/b][/u], causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Matthew 19:7-9 (KJV)

7They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

8He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

9And I say unto you, [u]Whosoever shall put away his wife, [b]except[/b] it be for fornication[/u], and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Matthew 5:27-32 (AMP)

27You have heard that it was said, You shall not commit adultery.(A)

28But I say to you that everyone who so much as looks at a woman with evil desire for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

29If your right eye serves as a trap to ensnare you or is an occasion for you to stumble and sin, pluck it out and throw it away. It is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be cast into hell (Gehenna).

30And if your right hand serves as a trap to ensnare you or is an occasion for you to stumble and sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better that you lose one of your members than that your entire body should be cast into hell (Gehenna).

31It has also been said, Whoever divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.

32But I tell you, [u]Whoever dismisses and repudiates and divorces his wife, [b]except[/b] on the grounds of unfaithfulness (sexual immorality)[/u], causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a woman who has been divorced commits adultery.(B)

Matthew 19:7-9 (AMP)

7They said to Him, Why then did Moses command [us] to give a certificate of divorce and thus to dismiss and repudiate a wife?(A)

8He said to them, Because of the hardness (stubbornness and perversity) of your hearts Moses permitted you to dismiss and repudiate and divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been [a]so [ordained].

9I say to you: [u]whoever dismisses (repudiates, divorces) his wife, [b]except[/b] for unchastity[/u], and marries another commits adultery, [b]and he who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

The answer is here. Remember if you dismiss the Word, you dismiss GOD and Christ. For GOD is the Word and the Word is Christ.

Quote:
John 1:1-5 (KJV)

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14-18 (KJV)

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

2006/5/20 22:16Profile

Re:

Quote:

We however, are called to be light in a dark world----showing the world God's love to the unlovely/undeserving. We are not called to follow the world's ways of handling our tribulations. Blessings in Him, Cindy

this is fine cindy, for most circumstances in which we deal with the world.
BUT...

Gods marriage covenant is a HOLY union that is to not to be defiled or made mockery of.

Christianity is NOT under a HOLY covenant with the world...we ARE under one with our spouse, christian or not.

We have no agreements, no contracts, no conditions set forth when we deal with those of the world.

We DO have things such as these with our spouse.
BOTH parties came under this covenant, even the unbeliever, understanding the CONDITION of fidelity.
It is a given, EVERYONE who marries, christian or not, understands this, that adultery DEFILES this monogamous, man/woman union.

What Im getting at is when you put up with being beaten down and hurt by the world, you may well be doing as you are called.

God did NOT create covenants so that any man could abuse them, neglect them, defile them, etc....yet your doctrine permits this perpetually.

Clearly a God who would fully and finally end a covenant He Himself had made is presenting that there comes a time when enough is enough.

If God Himself did not have this perpetual patience that you seem to require, then how on earth do you believe that this very God who finally ended His own covenant could ever expect a mere man to be even stronger and more patient than even Himself?

Heres the facts.
God ended a covenant with Israel for playing the harlot against Him...for ongoing idolatries.

When Jesus gives His exceptoin it fits perfectly within the context of Gods whole word that when His holy covenants are casually and purposely broken perpetually, that this 70x7 thing you present seems to not always apply (in that YOU seem to interpret it as 'perpetuity')....unless of course you are accusing God Himself of not being as forgiving as He is requiring of mere men.

2006/5/20 22:20
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Quote:
Scroggins.
when you pop in, make the assertion you did without backing it with some evidence of some sort, it simply makes it seem like youre being sarcastic with everyone in the thread.

I think a bit more grace could have been offered on your part by simply not responding here if youre not happy with the content so you didnt offend anyone needlessly, dont you think?

You make that assertion on your own free will. Your offense is only of your own cause and your rebuke of me is only of that assertion. No claim was made by me other than fact. This is all a battle of semantics with very high stakes (the evidence is in almost every last post in this thread by these people.)

People do not want the truth because it shakes their foundations. So they play games in an attempt to make you stumble and make them feel that much more right.

They have GOD in their box and do not want to take HIM out though HE does not fit nor belong in it. The very idea that HE does not belong in that box they have tried to cram HIM in for oh so long brings a fear with it that all could be a farse.

This Battle, Dear Brothers and Sisters, is one that should be tread upon lightly. You will not win minds with sheer blade alone. The sword draws blood, but can it fix the wounds?

In Christ,
Scroggins

2006/5/20 22:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy