SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Benny Hinn Crusade in Hershey Pa

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
davym

Re:

Krispy

Quote:
Benny Hinn does teach Biblical salvation, but there are certain aspects of his doctrine that kinda dont, but they do, but they dont... know what I mean?

I know what you mean.

It's such a difficult area.

'One man ministry' is not Scriptural and the inevitable result of these ministries is a teaching doctrine based on, for example, Hinn's own views.

Given enough acumen for spin, these men can make the Bible say what they want it to.

We must stick close to Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us.

I agree wholeheartedly with you that we are not in a position to question any person's salvation. Some of these doctrine's however are straight out of hell and will lead many there. I believe they also deceive genuine Christians. They should be shunned with vigour!

2007/8/22 8:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly with you that we are not in a position to question any person's salvation. Some of these doctrine's however are straight out of hell and will lead many there. I believe they also deceive genuine Christians. They should be shunned with vigour!

Amen completely!

Krispy

2007/8/22 8:40
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

It amazes me that people like this can still make a living, people are so hungry for God that they go and follow this guy and give him all their money... but they are not fed.

I saw a video, it may have been Dateline NBC, but it investigated his public records and so on, and revealed many details that the Hinn camp would prefer to be hidden. His wife called for a "Holy Ghost enema" to be administered to some folks, that's one thing I remembered... what a psycho. And how he has his staff meetings in Cancun and places like that, flying around in private jets at tremendous expense, and how each meeting requires a staff of 40 people JUST TO COUNT THE MONEY. Pathetic. Really really sad.

Here's a 10 min video Dateline did:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FUyPjeIFKug

2007/8/22 10:33Profile

Re:

Yep... if he has the gift of healing, let him go down to the children's ward at the hospital and heal some of those little ones... for free. What's he afraid of?

Krispy

2007/8/22 11:09
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

the most amazing thing, or the most inconsistent.... is they claim we can heal any decease, we can even raise people from the dead! God can do all things! witch i believe he can...dont misunderstand me...but the only thing he cant do is get some money for them...they always have to turn to men for money, that is one strange God, he can do all things except give them money. They have to turn to people for that, and i like one thing Zac Poonen pointed out, Jesus never even once preached about healing, he healed thousands...but never preached on it, now we have thousands preach on healing, but very little actually being healed.

Jesus preached holiness and did in action heal people. Spent little time on teaching it.

just some thoughts

2007/8/22 13:04Profile

Re:

With all the warnings in the NT about money and wealth, it amazes me that [b]anybody[/b] falls for this garbage. Show me one passage in scripture where we are told we will be wealthy if we follow Jesus.

I can sure show you a lot of passages that promise us just the opposite if we follow Him.

Krispy

2007/8/22 13:35

Re:

Quote:
but the only thing he cant do is get some money for them...they always have to turn to men for money, that is one strange God, he can do all things except give them money.

excellent!

2007/8/22 13:37
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

I can sure show you a lot of passages that promise us just the opposite if we follow Him.

Krispy

yes, but that will not make a good crowd brother preaching that, all those mege big super buildings would be empty if they started preaching thoose verses....

2007/8/22 13:42Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
With all the warnings in the NT about money and wealth, it amazes me that anybody falls for this garbage. Show me one passage in scripture where we are told we will be wealthy if we follow Jesus.

I think the primary reason for all the deception in much of the charismatic world is because the people don't know their Bibles. There's no lack of christian sincerity amongst them but like Krispy's story they just don't know their Bibles and so they have no defense against scam artists and hucksters that pose as "preachers" and "healers" and "mighty men of God" like Benny Hinn and many others.

And then there's the other crowd that are only there because they want the money that they are promised "God" will give them for giving to Hinn's Babylon. And to those I say let them be deceived because they operate entirely out of greed. They couldn't care less about God in the first place all they're out for is a free buck and a good time and think that they can use God to get that.

2007/8/22 14:09Profile
bnutting

Re:

Dear Brother Jeff,

For years I sat under ministries where gifts were "not for today". I never really accepted that but neither would I get close to it either. Years later, after being in ministries where there was "little fruit" I was baptised in the Holy Spirit. Now I do not know if you have been or not and it is not necessary for salvation, but I do know that I remember feeling just like what I have read in your posts.

I know some of these Charismatic preachers seem off the deep end sometimes, but try to look past what your first impressions are and observe the lives that are changed. Listen to more of their sermons online and have an open mind. We know that God chooses to use the week things of the world to confound the wise and I think I would rather be one of the weak then the wise.

Moses was a murderer, Jonah ran the other way, David had an affair, and Paul persecuted believers. How much more can God use preachers who may, or may not, have their theology different then what we have learned.

We all have to choose where we stand but I think we should also choose to overlook when preachers ask for money. Remember there are thousands and thousands of people in those crusades who choose to give or choose to not give. If they don't want to listen to appeals for money they can always choose to do what you did.

Have an open heart brother. One day the Lord will reveal the real theologies and I am sure we will all find out that we believe some pretty different stuff.

Lord Bless you
Bruce

2007/12/28 17:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy