SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Strange Sounds from the Pretribulational Camp -brayley

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Also, concerning the Earth. God created it and called it good, then He cursed it because of us.

2007/7/13 18:38Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Quote:
What about the day or the hour?

Hi Lkid, good question.

Annie's post was right on, in that the Scripture about the thief in the night and a surprise coming is only intended on those who are not watching.

As for the day and the hour, let me put it this way: How long is the time of a woman's pregnancy? About 9 months. It would be foolish to say the baby could be born ANYTIME. We know there is generally 9 months yet even then we don't know the day or the hour the birth will take place. That is why we watch for the signs and near the end of the 9 months have the phone and car ready to be rushed to the hospital at a moments notice.

Jesus paralleled the end time progression like a pregnancy. In the same way we don't know the day or hour of His coming, but we do know the signs and know He cannot just come at anytime. I take "day and hour" very specifically. Jesus said in Mark 13:35, [i]"Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning."[/i] How interesting. I get the impression we will know the general time but not the specific hour... whether morning, noon are night. Jesus said that if we watch for the signs we will know He is coming soon and will not be caught off guard: [i]"So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors."[/i] (Mark 13:29)

The idea that we cannot know at all and He could come anytime is not Scriptural for nothing like this mentioned. Jesus gave us clear signs for us to be watching, and to have the "phone and car ready" so to speak.

God bless you!
-Eli

2007/7/13 19:13Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Brother Corey,

None of the Scriptures you've presented oppose what I am describing, and you haven't answered any of the Scriptures I've given about the Kingdom on earth.

2007/7/13 19:17Profile
Lkid

Re:

thanks, but another question:
in other prophecy where time is given, is it not given exactly, as a glory to God that He is true to His word? as in the days to the revealing of the Messiah lining up with Christ's triumphal entry. You can count them and they are exact. This would be contradictory to the "pregnancy" thing where we don't know the exact day or hour. I understand your view, just wondering if you've considered that.

2007/7/13 19:41Profile

Re:

Strangely enough Lkid, Only the three Wise Men knew (watched) the Sign of His First Coming.

"Few there be that find it"

It says in the Greek, "most" will fall away before That day.

Pray one for another.

2007/7/13 22:34

Re:

Quote:
This would be contradictory to the "pregnancy" thing where we don't know the exact day or hour.

"Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child." (ISA 66:7)

If Isaiah's referring to the Church, her children will "come out of her" before her tribulations begin.

Just a thought.

2007/7/13 23:12

Re:

Hey Corey, {Hey means "hi" down yonder here.}

Maybe you and I should stay over in the News section. Ha!

Hey, they say that there's an "implant" that makes the person able to project their thoughts into other folk's heads. Ha, yup another thing I've hoid. There's no end to it ... info-junkies unite - ha.

Anyhow friend, I was just thinking how you can spiritulize scripture like nobody else I've met and if I got into your mind for a while, I'd probably lose mine. :-p

Just being a pesky little sister here.

Appreciate you brother.
Fellow chip master extroidinaire.
8-)
Crazy Annie

2007/7/13 23:31

Re:

Quote:
Hey Corey, {Hey means "hi" down yonder here.}

Maybe you and I should stay over in the News section. Ha!

Hey, they say that there's an "implant" that makes the person able to project their thoughts into other folk's heads. Ha, yup another thing I've hoid. There's no end to it ... info-junkies unite - ha.

Anyhow friend, I was just thinking how you can spiritulize scripture like nobody else I've met and if I got into your mind for a while, I'd probably lose mine. :-p

Just being a pesky little sister here.

Appreciate you brother.
Fellow chip master extroidinaire.

Crazy Annie

Howdy Partner!

I don't think anyone wants in my mind - ever see the movie "Being John Malkovitch"? The story's about these three folks that discover a portal into another dimension: b-grade actor John Malkovitch's head. They begin to advertise it like a "ride" and pretty soon, John Malkovitch himself goes through the portal...

... when he comes out he exclaims, "I have seen a world that NO man should see!"

Indeed.

I suggest we put off any thought projection so long as you're a fundamentalist and I'm a whatever.

Quote:
Appreciate you brother.

It seems I have a singular wit.

2007/7/13 23:46

Re:

Quote:
None of the Scriptures you've presented oppose what I am describing, and you haven't answered any of the Scriptures I've given about the Kingdom on earth.

Earlier today I remembered an article I read by a certain pastor who said something akin to "differing opinions aren't the evils in arguing it's the process of arguing that leads us astray".

2007/7/13 23:55

Re:

Hey Corey, I understand what you're saying, though I haven't seen that movie, but we did rent Matrix cuz folks were saying things about the message in it but the only problem is, I forgot whether it was the red or blue pill that we're supposed to take. Ha.

Not trying to take this thread off course here, but just for one more post, I know what happens when folks with high IQs get a hold of the Spiritual and the other world we're unfortunately living in the midst of.
I come from a family of mensa's.

The LORD allowed me to get a disease that has dropped my IQ disconcertedly ~ plus some.

He'll do what's ever needed to get our attention.

Yup, I'm yer sis.
LORD BLESS YA.
me again

Edit: added "Ha" so no one would worry.

2007/7/14 0:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy