SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what do you think about Chirstaian book store?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

(and no... I'm not saying we should pray for Christian bookstores to go out of business...)

Krispy

Oh...? But why not!? ;-)

2007/3/21 11:08Profile
vico

Re:

Quote:
(and no... I'm not saying we should pray for Christian bookstores to go out of business...)

lol :lol:

a brother that was new in the faith and i were parked outside of a "Christian" bookstore. He had only been saved for a few months, but after having come out of the store he was very discouraged. Right there he began to pray that either the owner of the store would be revived in the faith, or that God would shut the place down. I didn't know what to say... except, AMEN!

2007/3/21 14:31Profile

Re:

Hey... check this out... kind of a different subject, but I was driving thru Asheville yesterday and I was really moved to pray to the Lord to shut down the "adult bookstores" in town.

Well, the local news channel had done a series of reports on the absolute debauchery that had been going on in several of these "bookstores". But I had no idea that the city council was meeting last night to address the situation.

So not knowing that was scheduled... I prayed and asked God to do something about those places, and cause them to close.

Lo and behold, I turn on the news this morning... and this was the top story...

City council last night voted unanimously to make ammendments to the local codes that would cease the illegal activities... which I personally believe will lead to these stores closing simply because of the economics (loss of business).

Here's a link to the local paper's article about it:

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770320092

and also our local news:

http://www.wlos.com/newsroom/nc/topstory/topstory2.shtml

Praise God! He does indeed lead us into praying for things when we have no idea whats going on!

God is really cool...

Krispy

2007/3/21 15:00
GBantzJr

Re: what do you think about Chirstaian book store?

well, first of all: good questions... i feel that those who are for us cannot be against us, including the christian bookstore. there is valuable literature, cd's,tracks, knick-knacks{which make great gifts}, and most importantly the word of GOD; HIS HOLY BIBLE!!!we've become so quick to judge everything and try to disect all matters under the sun we have began to lose our way. just as religious groups refer to the HOLY BIBLE and claim this is right or this is wrong, we ourselves have fallen under the same!i remember when i was apart from GOD and in DEEP SIN, i had no conscious of anything of GOD. to bring forth accusations against one of GODS resource wells is simply wrong! we all know we are to come out from among them{world} and be seperate....right? just remember as we view others and judge their walk with GOD we too will be judged more severely! not everyone who has called on the LORD has immediately came into spiritual maturity it sometimes takes more time for some and lesser for others. please do not take this as an attack, i just beliece we need to look at people: especially our brothers and sisters in the LORD with the fuits of the spirit GOD has so generously gave to us!galations 5:16-26 Galations 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love,joy,peace,patience,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentleness,and self control.

2007/3/21 16:02Profile
vico

Re:

Quote:
God is really cool...

Amen brother!! Don't ever doubt that! :-)

I have received similar answers to prayer! It's so amazing! :-D

A few friends and i during a time of street witnessing, felt God's leading that we should pray that He would close down a certain bar. Two weeks later, it was closed!

God is amazing!

Thanks for sharing that testimony brother!

2007/3/21 16:10Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

GBantzJr wrote:
there is valuable literature, cd's,tracks, knick-knacks{which make great gifts.

not everyone who has called on the LORD has immediately came into spiritual maturity it sometimes takes more time for some and lesser for others.

"knick-knacks," such as rocks inscribed with WWJD, Jabez, and other fads that are created.... such as t-shirts with the Burger King logo, except it says King of Kings - do not help someone's spiritual maturity. In fact, I dare say that it can prolong their immaturity. These kinds of things do not help someone's growth in the Lord. If you want to give gifts that represent a Christian message, do so wisely with something that can actually help in someone's growth.

2007/3/21 16:12Profile
GBantzJr

Re:

i believe partially what you say Ben. i guess if the others would see more Jesus in us, then this wouldn't be a topic, huh? those items you brought forth such as t- shirts are nothing more than a witness. i believe we are to encourage one another as believers. i didn't mean for this to be a debate, because it usually produces absolutely nothing. i am sorry you feel so strongly against what i had to say. forgive me brother if i have offended you in any way. GOD BLESS, Greg

2007/3/21 16:25Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

what power in prayer. I think we should start praying over more stores like that. Wow that is so neat. Keep praying God will act. I even we should pray over the Chirstain book stores. May we truly be peopel of action. May we listen to God's heart crys and cry out to. Thank you brother for sharing.

SO my question is what store do we have in our towns that we should be praying over?
Aother question, what is keeping us? busy? I don't know, for me I just don't think about it.

Aother question, If we know these book stores are bad, should we buy books from there?

not saying boycot them, but why support something that is helping speard lies?

What actions can we take? We can't just give up can we?

I agree that we need to reading the bible alot more. but other books still help.

In his love
charlene

2007/3/21 16:31Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

GBantzJr wrote:
i believe partially what you say Ben. i guess if the others would see more Jesus in us, then this wouldn't be a topic, huh? those items you brought forth such as t- shirts are nothing more than a witness. i believe we are to encourage one another as believers. i didn't mean for this to be a debate, because it usually produces absolutely nothing. i am sorry you feel so strongly against what i had to say. forgive me brother if i have offended you in any way. GOD BLESS, Greg

You did not offend me, dear brother, but there are ways we can be a true witness, without doing things that I personally feel are stupid. Wearing a t-shirt that has a Burger King logo that says King of Kings instead, is not a witness. Neither is "Jesus Is My Homeboy" a witness either.

I have never ever heard of someone getting saved by a WWJD stone, or a t-shirt that says, "ABREADCRUMB & FISH" I also don't typically hear of people asking Christians who wear these shirts, what it says, and then the Christian explaining all about Christ, and HIS saving, redeeming blood.

Plus some of these "knick-knacks" such as a little statue of the "Blessed Mary" with a halo around her head, is not something a "CHRISTIAN" bookstore should be carrying and selling. :-(

2007/3/21 17:24Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Here is a question we can all ponder, as I heard this recently:

Why do we Christians label inaminate, non-living, non-breathing objects, 'Christian' (i.e. Christian bookstore, Christian shirt, Christian cd, Christian book, etc.)? If Christian means to be Christ-like in how we live, act, and respond, how can an object, that can't do any of these things be "Christian?"

Any thoughts on what this person said? Do you agree or disagree?

2007/3/21 17:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy