Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Former Catholic now Born Again Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
JGB321

Former Catholic now Born Again Christian

Hello Sermon Index,

Hope you will allow me to share with you a brief analogy of how I came to the Lord:

Picture yourself as a foot soldier, posted outside Buckingham Palace, where you've been stationed for 15 long years. Each day you stand to attention and stiffly salute her Majesty whenever her official car arrives or exits the Palace. You know of the Queen but does she know of you (is she even aware of you?) Sadly, you've never had the honour of being introduced to her. Then one day her personal secretary walks over to you and says, "Her majesty would very much like to meet you." You immediately walk with him and for the first time in 15 years, you have gone from knowing of her to knowing her personally. She says to you, "How wonderful to meet you for the first time. If you ever need anything from me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on my private landline or mobile, anytime of the day or night, I will not be offended." From this day on, you will never need to ever go through her private secretary or anybody else again - she is there whenever you need her - guaranteed.

This brief analogy goes a little way, I think into explaining how it was for me. I knew of the Lord for 15 years of my life as a practising Catholic but I had never been properly introduced to Him. I believe this is the same for all Roman Catholics throughout the world, and perhaps many areas of Protestantism. I would also include the assorted body of cults as well, for they deliberately deprive their ignorant congregations of ever experiencing a one-to-one relationship directly with God. However for organised religions like the Roman Catholic Church, the congregation only know of God through their Church and their priestly mediators. If no priest is available, then nobody else can perform the mass for them. No priest, no mass, no salvation.

The Bible says there is ONE God and ONE Mediator between MAN and God, the MAN Christ Jesus (1 Tim. 2:5.)

Why not willingly present yourself to Him today and start a new personal loving relationship with Him.

You're not promised the next breath.

2006/10/11 13:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Former Catholic now Born Again Christian

Thank you for your precious testimony. May God bless you as you begin to dig around the resources at SermonIndex. I encourage you to listen to speakers such as: A.W. Tozer, Leonard Ravenhill, Zac Poonen and others..

If you haven't yet I highly encourage you to listen to this message by Paris Reidhead: Ten Shekels and a Shirt [i](simply right click on the title and choose "save target as" to download it to your computer.)[/i]

Let me know if you have any other questions.

2006/10/11 14:30Profile
JGB321

Thanks for the welcome. I have listened to many of Len Ravehill's sermons and they are brilliant. I have linked the Revival Hymn to some of the other forums I'm on.

2006/10/12 17:47Profile
KindGottes

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Thank you for this post. I grew up catholic too, but when I went to church it never filled the void that I was feeling inside, until a precsious friend of mine told me about Jesus and what He had done on the cross for me! Praise God!

God bless you!

Bea

2006/10/16 2:31Profile
JGB321

Re:

Hello Bea,

Thanks for your comments.

James

2006/10/16 14:39Profile
roadsign

Re: testimony

Quote:
This brief analogy goes a little way, I think into explaining how it was for me. I knew of the Lord for 15 years of my life as a practising Catholic but I had never been properly introduced to Him.

Just wondering, How did Christ introduce himself to you. How did he draw you to himself? How did his Life change you?

Diane

2006/10/16 15:19Profile
JGB321

Re:

With my father's powerful conversion, this forced me to understand my own spiritual bankruptcy, so I started listening to him witnessing to me and offering me Gospel tracts. Both of us, it seemed, had NEVER been introduced to the Biblical Jesus!

Please see my testimony:

http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/articles.php?PageURL=James%20Testimony.htm

2006/10/16 17:13Profile
Telestai

Renton, Wa

Re:

How do I witness to a catholic well. I always get hit with these issues and beleifs from a catholic friend. I know these statements arent true but im not sure how to respond.

- christianity came from catholics because the christians didnt wanna follow rules

-its almost the same religion

-ive always believed in god.

...but she never repented of her sins and trusted in jesus. shes doesnt understand that she haaaaaass to do that.

-im doing good things. im a good person.

when i tell her the things that jesus has taught straight outta the bible she doesnt want to hear it. She always makes excuses and is arguing the word of god. she says we have different beliefs. but she agrees we have the same god

pleeeeeeease help!

2006/10/16 21:03Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: John 20:23

Hi JGB321,

I've found that when witnessing to Catholics, the matter of John 20:23 frequently comes into play. This can be a little tricky to manuever around. I imagine you have to deal with this issue quite often, as your ministy seems to focus on evangelizing Roman Catholics. I was wondering if you could shed some light, give some pointers on how you handle this verse with defensive Catholics. Any information would be greatly appreciated! I've had problems in the past explaining the Protestant truth of John 20:23; for some reason my mind seems to jumble up and I can never crystalize a good explanation.

Thank you so much!

Brother Paul

2006/10/16 21:42Profile
roadsign

Re: works vs grace

I just read your testimony. Thanks for sharing it. It's exciting to see how you shared your journey with yoru father.

I was wondering: How did you come to terms with the difference between living by works and living by grace? What difference has that made in your life? How do you explain the difference when you witness to Catholics?

... pardon all the questions, I just wasn't sure if I caught it all while reading your story. And I know that works vs grace is really the main differing point between RC (and many Christian practises) and the way of Christ.

Diane

2006/10/16 22:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy