Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Justification Faith Vs Works

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

Hebrews 11:4, 6

"BY FAITH Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks."

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

He did it by Faith, thats why Abel's sacrifice was acceptable.

Hebrews 11:17

"17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son"

Romans 4:9

"For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness." (Genesis 15:6)

Faith was accounted to Abel just as it was Abraham. Now why need it be accounted if the man was already righteous?

Eph 2:8-9

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

Psalm 51:16-17

"For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise."

1 Timothy 1:15

"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners"

Romans 5:12

"[ Death in Adam, Life in Christ ] Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because ALL sinned—"

Romans 3:22-26

"22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith."

Did Christ come to die for a bunch of righteous people? He didn't. He died for sinners. Otherwise why would we need to be justified? "There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable;...There is no fear of God before their eyes.” Romans 3:10

Isaiah 9:17
"For everyone is a hypocrite and an evildoer, And every mouth speaks folly."

2006/9/13 19:16Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

"We can't have faith without works, but we can but shouldn't have works withouth faith."

I agree that "faith" without works is dead faith.
But we can not have works without faith.

2006/9/13 21:41Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

We can't have the Faith of Christ without the Works of Christ. The Faith of Christ brings forth the the Works of Christ. We cannot have Christ's Works without the Faith of Christ. Without the faith of Christ, then faith has to be reckoned to us because the Faith of Christ is not in us, but in believing God faith was reckoned to Abraham.

We believe God by the Christ that is birthed in us. It is His Faith that gives us righteousness.
It is His Works in us that are righteous, not ours.

1 Corinthians 1:28-31 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

In other words: God has chosen the Gentiles to be in Christ to show to all the things that are not, those other than Gentiles, that no flesh can glory in His presence. "But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus". He is our wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption. Let us Glory in Christ.

That is why Israel Killed Jesus, because He said, "He was the Son of God", and He is the only one that can make man righteous. They wanted to glory in Abraham.

This is our Justification: Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

This is our Life: Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/9/14 2:29Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

Amen

2006/9/14 17:00Profile

Re:

I'm done

2006/9/14 19:19
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

Phil 2:12-13 "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." IT IS GOD WHO WORKS.

2006/9/19 23:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy