SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Shock&Awe Videos

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Just because there seems to be some confusion about what I preach (because of the shortness of these clips), if I even preach about grace ever or not, I thought I'd make these audios available.

http://newenglandoutreach.com/audio/

If you listen to the audios, I'm sure you'll see how my preaching is calm, civil, gentle, and yet strong. How I do dispute, but I do so with reasonable and persuasive arguements. How I preach both about sin and the Savior, and how it's Jesus Christ that is the answer, how Jesus Christ saves men from sin and hell. How sinners are not only going to hell, and are condemned already, but also how they can be saved, through Jesus Christ.

No doubt some will still not like these audios. I am sharp and personal in my rebukes against sin. But I humbly hope some will be able to rejoice at the preaching found in these audios. And that these too might be an encouragement and possibly even equipping to Christians with a desire to share their faith and see sinners saved from sin and hell through Jesus Christ.

2006/8/26 1:29
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Jesse,

I am personally concerned when I watched these videos. As one person already commented, if these things are of poor quality, and don't really represent a lot of what you are actually doing, then why put them up? Why further misrepresent yourself?

To me these videos seem like nothing more than a sort of self-glorifying music video that lifts up your edgy sharp message that has put you against the world and against the church. It's much like the garbage Jed Smock made.

I'm all for hell-fire preaching, and the urgent need of the church has to proclaim that individuals repent of their sins. I have no beef with such a message, or an individual who bears such a message. I personally do a lot of preaching on repentance in my own street ministry. However, if this video is supposed to be a representation of your preaching, I noticed one major thing lacking in it: CHRIST.

Where is the focus on Christ? Where is the focus on His works? Where is the focus on His character? Where is the focus on His excellencies? I hear nothing of the sort. Oh, you probably mention it when you have to, after-all, you are a orthodox Bible-believing Christian. But, these things seem more like an "oh by the way...in case I forgot to tell you" sorta thing. They don't seem to be essential to your message. These things are mere ornaments in your preaching, and not the essence.

Your calling men to repentance ought to be grounded on the basis of these things, as it was in the early Church. For if your message of repentance is not grounded in the absolute essentials of the faith, then you are not preaching the gospel, but are simply preaching on morality. It might be Bible-based morality, but this is not the gospel.

2006/8/26 1:34Profile

Re:

The first video I said, "Get out of the sea of sin and into the boat of Christ"

and in the second video I said, "You can be a protestant and go to hell. You can be a Catholic and go to hell. The point is without Jesus...Jesus is the answer"

I often say things like that in my preaching. But these videos are short, and so are the preaching clips. I didn't edit the clips much, they were just the only clips I had. Miles took film using his picture camera, so I used whatever shots he got.

Though I preach a lot about sin, hell, and judgment. It is only so that I can point people to the Savior Jesus Christ. I too wish that there was more of that in these videos. And I am making a conscience affort to assure that for future movies. Because while it may not be an emphasis in these videos, it certainly is an emphasis in our preaching!!

As Joseph Alliene said in his classic "Alarm to Uncovered sinners", "What do I mean by trying to terrify you about hell? Is it to torment you before your time? No, but so that you would come to Jesus Christ." Or something to that affect.

I said that the content of these videos are not good. But I did not mean that what I was saying was not good. The motive was love and the content was biblical. But I meant that the content was not the best because what the film covered was so limited. They are short little bits that do not cover the full preaching of the full councel of God that we do during the hours and days we are on a campus.

So the upcoming videos will have more full length clips, that will have preaching of the law, sin, apologetics, the cross, the new birth, grace, mercy for those who repent etc etc in a more indepth way, rather then just short clips of this or of that.

I think these videos are good. But I think that I could do better.

2006/8/26 1:42
davidt

Re: Shock&Awe Videos

I was encouraged by this ministry. I have been a street preacher for 3 years. Mostly one on ones and small groups. However the last ten weekends that i have gone out it has been open air. In high populated areas and downtown San diego, there are 6.5 billion people in the world. Could you get those videos on google? If a person doesn't preach it is very hard to judge one because they dont know how it is.Let us tear down strongholds in prayer, amen.

2006/8/26 2:04Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I cannot agree or disagree with these videos, but I did not feel right about them as if something was off.
I would only say to Brother Jesse look at how Jesus interacted with people. He warned them of judgement, told them to stop sinning just as you, but there was something of love in HIS words. The only ones HE raised HIS voice to were the religious self-righteous ones who were condemming all around them for sinning. I make no excuse for sin as it is abomination to GOD, yet is it not interesting, and somewhat frightening that if Christ was at one of your meetings He just might have corrected you? We all need to check our hearts before we deal with any person saved or unsaved.
But now I ask you again to look at how Jesus dealt with people, then look at how these videos make you look(I'm sure there is a whole other side to you brother). But to quote Ravenhill "You cannot whip people until you have wept over them", and if you remember Brother Reidhead's words from the Ten Shekels message about Whitefield "throwing his head back and weeping like a baby for the sinners"
Maybe you should use a little of this, maybe we should all use a little of this.
Either way Jesse, you are loved by many in this cyber-church, and that is the very reason we correct.

2006/8/26 2:30Profile
W_D_J_D

Re:

G'day Jesse...........

Remember how someone came up to Moody and said to him "i dont like the way you preach", he said "either do i"

"Well how do you do it"? Moody asked.

She said "i dont".

Moody replied "i like my way much better".

God bless you, keep going. Pressing on for Jesus, i know your not doing this for yourself.

ciao Laz. Forget about the lovey duby religious folk, keep pressing on, you encouraged me.

Be led by the Spirit brother!!!

God bless!

2006/8/26 3:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I was encouraged by this ministry. I have been a street preacher for 3 years. Mostly one on ones and small groups. However the last ten weekends that i have gone out it has been open air. In high populated areas and downtown San diego, there are 6.5 billion people in the world. Could you get those videos on google? If a person doesn't preach it is very hard to judge one because they dont know how it is.Let us tear down strongholds in prayer, amen.

It is good that you are street preaching brother but do take care not to make it your chief end. God is to be worshipped first and then we are to offer ourselves a living sacrifice to be used.

As soon as we begin to get away from making Christ-likeness our paramount object then we get into many curious ways to "do" christianity and get away from the Christ that we should be following.

I just got back from street witnessing and the Lord really spoke through me and a friend to many people. We walked around giving tracts and got into about 5-10 good conversations. The gospel was clearly shared with at least 20-30 people and about 100 tracts were handed out. God was glorified and a good witness for Christ was given.

Personally using video is wrong, I cannot imagine paul the apostle recording his attempts to witness to the lost, and really it would have made the gospel that I shared tonight superficial.

Quote:
Just because there seems to be some confusion about what I preach (because of the shortness of these clips), if I even preach about grace ever or not, I thought I'd make these audios available.

I would ask Jesse that you would not promote your materials on the forums like this. I do understand that through these type of conversations there is controversy and through that alot of people hear about your ministry and listen to your materials but I think you need to continue to do this without trying to self-promote, etc. I would just go and "do" it and the fruit will simply speak for itself. I would model your ministry after the new testament and Jesus Christ and the Apostles. I think this has happened to many times on the forums here.

Quote:
I'm all for hell-fire preaching, and the urgent need of the church has to proclaim that individuals repent of their sins. I have no beef with such a message, or an individual who bears such a message. I personally do a lot of preaching on repentance in my own street ministry. However, if this video is supposed to be a representation of your preaching, I noticed one major thing lacking in it: CHRIST.

[b]amen.[/b]

Quote:
So the upcoming videos will have more full length clips, that will have preaching of the law, sin, apologetics, the cross, the new birth, grace, mercy for those who repent etc etc in a more indepth way, rather then just short clips of this or of that.

I would ask that these videos are not posted on these forums people that know your ministry can go there to access them but personally I don't want to endorse them, I found the first 2 videos ridicilous and it gives the gospel a bad name, all the jokes and puns are frivilous and a total joke. It is making a laughing stock of the content while you are trying to speak of sober truths. Men like Alliene, Finney and others never joked but were serious and somber. And as the one brother pointed out that the compassion of "whitefield" could be felt!

Personally I am sharing with sinners with a broken heart and speak passionately but with a humbleness, why can't you do that? when is the last time you spoke meekness and tears to a person that is without Christ. I know that you are open air preaching to larger crowds but why don't you try speaking to people more one on one and be "real" with them, showing compassion. I am not trying to tell you that you are totally wrong but I think people are disagreeing with your presentation because it seems like you are too "sure" of yourself and not at all appearing as Jesus would with meekness and compassion, telling and warning them at times of hellfire.

2006/8/26 3:29Profile

Re:

Wisdom for everyone:

"I have found by long experience that the severest threatenings of the Law of God have a prominent place in leading men to Christ. They must see themselves lost before they will cry out for mercy. They will not escape from danger until they see it." - A. B. Earle

Scripture?

1 Timothy 1:8

"But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully."

If you read verse 9, it says:

"Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners....."

Isn't that what A. B. Earle said, ""the severest threatenings of the Law of God have a prominent place in leading men to Christ."

So what is this "prominent place" that the Law of God has in leading men to Christ? Let A. B. Earle tell you it.

"They must see themselves lost before they will cry out for mercy. They will not escape from danger until they see it."

"Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith." - Galatians 3:24

Is it right to hush the fears of sinners with the mercy of God by Jesus Christ right away without first letting the sinner breathe in his utter hopelessness?

When I speak of hopelessness, I mean hopelessness. Can you for the sake of their souls, let them be guilty, condemned, executed by the Law of God? Or must you kiss them instead of letting them be crushed and killed by the 10 cannons of Gods Law?

You may question and believe I'm being harsh, but know that I speak out of love. I want to bring some order to this mess, by the grace of God.

You might question now where the grace of God or where love is in my speech. I'll tell you. In Jesus Christ alone. Read this again:

"They must see themselves lost before they will cry out for mercy. They will not escape from danger until they see it."

Do sinners see themselves lost? Do they see danger? Or do you cover them with your kisses? Do you attempt to adopt them into your family?

"They will not escape from danger until they see it."

Do you want to take the blood of Jesus Christ and cover them with it? God forbid you should kiss them, adopt them, or cover them! Your kisses are deceitful, your adoption is in vain, your covering is absurd!

You can do nothing! Jesus Christ alone can kiss them, He alone can adopt them, He alone can cover them in His blood.

Whom will Christ kiss? What sinner will the precious lips of the Lamb of God kiss?

When someone is crushed and killed by the law, utterly destroyed, heres what will happen. First, Jesus Christ will look upon them and see there deadness.

".....a broken and a contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."

Second, Jesus Christ will have compassion on them.

".....He had compassion....."

Third, Jesus Christ will declare their ressurection with a loud shout.

".....come forth!"

Fourth, Jesus Christ will cause them to walk in Gods statutes. He will cause them to keep Gods judgments and to do them.

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them."

This is a view of the power of God, the gospel. Ponder over this.

Now, before I end this, I'd like you to remember the thief on the cross.

Wasn't the thief guilty? Wasn't the thief condemned? Wasn't the thief executed?

The thief was crucified with Christ.

"They will not escape from danger until they see it."

How do sinners escape the danger once they see it? Get on the cross and be crucified with Christ. Die! What is Jesus Christs answer to a sinner who sees his danger but does not know how to escape it? What is His answer, but a direction pointing to the cross. Then when the sinner is nailed to it by his hands and his feet, without any rights, what else can the sinner say but "Lord, remember me when you enter your kingdom." and what else can Jesus Christ say to them but "Today, you shall be with me in paradise." This is my hope, this is the promise that is faithful.

Untill they are thirsty, do not give them a drink.

Paul M.

2006/8/26 3:39
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I think you need to read this Jesse and seriously pray to God about these things mentioned. As you said in your last post you pointed people to your audio messages to try what you "say" but I think its more important to look at your character, fruit that you display in public when preaching and elsewhere. I think bartle's post address's this and this is where we need to stay not going back to address your "theology".

Quote:
I have prayed to the Lord before I wrote this response to you, so as not to be speaking from my flesh or to stumble a brother like yourself.

You said the reason for posting these video's was to "comfort the saints". I am a sinner saved by Grace and the wonderous provisions of Jesus Christ, and I am here to tell you that I am NOT comforted.

Quite the opposite, I am grieved to my core, to the depth of my soul for several reasons in response to what I viewed on your video's.

The first reason I am grieved and heartbroken is that you are NOT preaching the Love of Jesus, His sacrifice, His Passion, you are not preaching Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Instead your are haranguing and dealing out harsh human condemnation upon lost and hurt people, and doing it under the guise of some twisted interpetation of what you percieve as the "Lord's calling" upon you, to engage in argumentative public confrontations upon people who live on a knife's edge of decideing whther to drink of the Living Waters or not, and you instead in your fleshly immaturity offer them bile and wormwood. I do NOT see the Heart of Christ in your public utterances.

We are told to make the Gentiles ENVIOUS of this great love we have recieved, and there is nothing in your public ministry that would make the Gentiles envious of what we have recieved, instead you make weird and bizarre gestures, stock gestures that probably have been taught to you by those whose polluted teaching you have fallen under, I will mention no names.

You say you preach out of love to save the lost, from those who do not believe in this great salvation, to save them from eternal separation from a just God, but after witnessing your public ministry, I say that you are doing the opposite, you are driving them AWAY from Jesus.

I noticed that your "audience" maintains a far distance from you. Don't fall into the delusion that this is because you are holy, and the devil within them recoils from this holiness. It is because even the lost hurting conused poeple wandering the campus can discern that there is no love within you, only a hateful argumentative harsh spirit, and people, instinctly recoil from such venom, as you display. There is no meekness, no love, and no humility nor winsomeness in your public discourse.

I know you fancy yourself as engaging in a "John the Baptist" type of ministry, but remember this, John the Baptist was only a forerunner of Christ, who said he was not fit to tie the sandals of Jesus. and John the Baptist was in loving intimate ministry with desperate people, he touched them when he baptised them, He got up close and personal when ministering to the lost and hurting.

You have told me that you loved the "Life of Brainerd", and I assume you have read this annointed and wonderful book of this saints journals. I have read it three times, I say that not to boast, but there is something heavenly and inspiring about the writing of this precious saint. Fully the first third of his journals is lamenting his unworthiness for minstry and his unprofitability to discharge his calling of God, he underwent much preparation and self examination before he went among the Indians and frontier folk, and then he preached to them with gehtleness and humility, and the fruit recived was a true miracle, so uplifting.

Have you REALLY read this book with an open heart? Have you ever tried to model your ministry on this yielded saint?

From what i have seen on the videos I think not.

Even two "church-goers" as you so termed them, called you on what you are doing, and instead of engaging them in a respectful repose of listening, you just shouted over them. That black sister was testifying with more authority than you could muster. I oculd discern that she loved Jesus, and you were doing your worst to alienate her. That gray haired lady, who called you a little boy, was trying to engage you in correction, and you just shouted her down.

Thats not Jesus' love, that just fleshly religious pride and immaturity.

Dear sister Diane wrote you a wise post and you totally blew her off, or even addressed her concerns in a thoughtful loving manner, rejoicing that an older sister in the Lord was attempting to help steer you in a direction that will yield fruit.

You just closed your ears and mind, because you are OUT of submission to the Body of Christ, you are out of submission to Godly correction. You are a 21 year old kid, newly saved and you are wandering around like a bull in a china shop, except that china is just a piece of ceramic, we are talking about the souls of people.

Furthermore, I always thought the title of this minstry of yours "Operation Shock and Awe" was a poor choice of words, totally out of synch with the message of Grace, its more like something that a bunch of zealot kids cooked up.

I remember my BC days, and if I was unfortunate to stumble across your public ministry, your ill prayed out public utterances would have driven me far from a God whose message is Love and Grace in Jesus Christ. I shudder to think how many of the lost you are driving away on those public campus's.

Now let me talk about the plank in my eye. Krispy and I had been engaging in cyber tussles over the most trivial issues, stuff we disagree on, but God loves us both, and in the unity of Christ, and thru PM's we have come to love one another, it was only THRU Christ that we were able to do this.

I write these words not to hurt you, or insult you,make you feel bad about yourself, or to discourage you from public ministry, I write them as the Lord leads me, because I am so grieved at what I saw in those videos, and I must admonish you on this, and urge you to seek a time in the desert to be honed by God, becuase you are going off the rails, big time, and stumbling others in the process, and bringing discredit to Jesus' message of love and grace in Him.

Many will try and flatter you, I was quite baffled why instead of adressing the concerns of Diane, you post private emails written by those who desire to flatter itching ears. It smacks of religious pride.

I pray Greg reads this and discerns my intent on writing such a harsh letter to you, not to start trouble, but by clearly and forthrightly rebuking you in the Holy Spirit, not in my flesh nor in my opinion.

Here's the last thing that grieves me, in the past those in this fellowship have attempted to call you, a 21 year old, on a ministry that has gone awry. I feel that all I have poured out from my heart to you will just fall on deaf immmature eras, and you will just continue to engage in a ministry that bears bile, argument, confusion and hatred, while dressing it in the Robes of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I won't pray against your ministry, but I pray you will wake up and see your error.

Hoping against hope, bartle

2006/8/26 3:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
by paulmcg1 on 2006/8/26 3:39:01

Wisdom for everyone:

"I have found by long experience that the severest threatenings of the Law of God have a prominent place in leading men to Christ. They must see themselves lost before they will cry out for mercy. They will not escape from danger until they see it." - A. B. Earle

[b]"I have observed for nearly 40 years that the secret of success in promoting Revivals is in having our own hearts filled with the Holy Spirit.

Let none of us preach complaining sermons, or scolding, or make unkind remarks about those who differ from us, or do not come up to the work as we would have them. Let the melting, subduing love of Christ flow from our hearts and lips ...we will find ourselves in the midst of a glorious outpouring of the Spirit ...with no more need of asking, 'How can I promote a Revival'"[/b]

[i(A.B. Earle, Bringing in the Sheaves, 1868, quoted by Armin Gesswin)[/i].

For the wise, that should be sufficient.

However, I add the below as a reminder of what the harvest looks like:

*"He owns the harvest that is produced by distress and conviction of sin, and this is the harvest we have to pray that labourers may be thrust out to reap."

So if the harvest is ripe and it belongs to the Lord, preaching needs be that of reconcilation only ---- not hellfire and brimstone. Shock and awe preaching to the ones who don't want reconcilation is a waste of the Lord's time.

[i]*Chambers, O. (1993, c1935). My utmost for his highest : Selections for the year (October 16). Grand Rapids, MI: Discovery House Publishers.[/i]

Orm

2006/8/26 4:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy