SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer (MUST READ)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
lissytiffy

Saratoga, CA

Re: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer (MUST READ)

i really was refreshed by your disclaimer.... i don't see statements that are so clean and biblicaly based....anywhere.

2006/5/25 4:55Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer (MUST READ)

A refresher needed...

This forum is [u][b]not[/b][/u] a playground. Have some consideration for others who are coming here for food in due season.

There is something of an unruly spirit emanating in many a posting here lately. Contentions for contentions sake, opinions over God's thought and the Lords concerns.

[i]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.[/i]
Eph 6:12

2006/9/17 11:29Profile
Compton

Re:

A timely refresher...

I must confess my own need to pull away and find fresher waters in the Lord...before returning again to spew into these forums. Brothers, I long for a fellowship that cleanses each others feet, not unclothing one another in shame. You know, when I look back on my Christian walk I realize I have been wrong about far more things then I have been right about. I don't expect this will change anytime soon.

I suppose this means I will have a hard time of it in the church. Church is becoming a quorum assembling to dispute all the unseen things. If you would like to purchase attention from other Christians, you must offer an interesting dispute.

For the most part, this ongoing dispute amongst ourselves is the only dialogue left. The stakes are both petty and costly; being theologically undressed is the most friendless state to find yourself in. Christians are more patient with the heathen then they are to a disagreeing brother. Being 'exposed' by a brother for not posessing some diaphanous 'spirit of wisdom' is more painful then being cussed out in a bar...so painful most Christians would rather be sycophants for fellowship then have honest conversation and be ostracized.

And to top it all off, we pray for revival...but not a revival of holy compassion, and Christlike character... but instead one where we assemble night after night and glow with supernatural power in a religous hothouse for months. Such a revival will not end the dispute! If we weep with holy sorrow and fear of God some will say we are simply filled with emotion, and if we dance with the Spirit of God others will say we are of the devil.

God grant us a love that can not be argued with. Give us a love that may be mocked, whipped, thorn crowned and nailed to a board, but never disputed.

Otherwise I pray the Lord keeps revival far from us. We are too spoiled already.

MC

2006/9/17 19:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We could close the forums only to members and have it locked down, and enforce a stronger disciplinary actions on members. Well I am sure it would be better discussions overall and have less disputing and envying's.

But the Lord has the forums open-ended for a reason and has kept the forums in such a beautiful way. I thank the Lord for all the dear brothers and sisters that he has drawn to this site that participate. I am humbled and blessed by many of God's choice saints that I have been able to meet. Oh the "glorious" church God is building.

2006/9/18 0:44Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Re:

very good guidelines! :-)

2006/12/9 1:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy