SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Implications of dispensationalism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Brother Jeff, your wrote:

Thank you Brother Phillip.
If the work of faith is His faith working in me do I have any participation, any cooperation, or do I only give assent or agree in my head that He is doing everything?
Jeff

I seem to have hit a nerve. I am sorry you feel that way but your question is not valid from what I wrote. Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. This say we do it. I do the living by the faith of Christ, I live in the flesh, I do not frustrate the Grace of God, but these things are the things of God and must be done in the Power of The Holy Spirit. We do it.

Just a small example: Phl 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I (Phillip) counted loss for Christ.

Phl 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I (Phillip) count all things [but] loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I (Phillip) have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them [but] dung, that I (Phillip) may win Christ,

I think We can understand that we are the ones that do all things in Christ that we might win Him in every aspect of our lives.

Phl 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Phl 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Phl 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Phl 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Phl 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Please forgive if I have been contentious, that is not my Goal. Sometimes I get into such things that I myself have experienced and forget I may not explain it to someone else's understanding. Pray for me, thanks: Phillip

2006/3/17 21:29Profile
cheta52

elgin, il

Re:

This made Paul a minister of Christ and he never wavered when it came to the revelation of Christ in him.

-Why the other apostles are not mention in this tread ? Like First John or First Peter, James, Jude ?

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

-Do we need to confess our sins? Does Jesus intercedes for us?

1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
Now how is it? Who is born of God? Who does righteousness. So my life testifies whether I am born of God or not

-When He shall appear will we be ashamed?
a) No because His righteousness is in us.
b) No because we abide in His word and obey it.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

2006/3/28 0:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: -When He shall appear will we be ashamed?
a) No because His righteousness is in us.
b) No because we abide in His word and obey it.

Most of all because we abide in Him.

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1Jo 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

John like Paul had great revelation of the Christ in him and was the bridge between the synoptic Gospels and the Gospel of Christ and the Holy Spirit and God the Father living in the believer by Grace through Faith. Peter was taught of Paul that the Incorruptable Seed abides in us and told us to listen to Paul, even though some of Paul's words were hard to understand. 2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

And Who is the Word of God? John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Jesus Christ, Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/28 2:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy