SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Pre-Fall Children"--why not? (not for the faint of heart or faith.)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MisterCheez

Colorado

Re:

For anyone who might like an excellent resource. There is a group called 'Answers in Genesis' pioneered my Ken Ham of Australia. AiG provides and incredibly solid 'creationist' perspective which upholds the Bible's account from the first verse. They are currently building a Creation Museum in the US.

I believe some of Ken Ham's audio is on this site and the AiG ministry has an excellent website (which I won't link to for fear of breaking rules), but you can google it. The site is packed with free, searchable audio and print media about subjects such as this one.

AiG was instrumentally used of God to strengthen my faith in college when everything I believed was under attack. They have insightful teaching on the meaning of the literal hebrew word 'day' used in Genesis versus the figurative greek word 'day' used in 2nd Peter.

Blessings.

2006/2/23 11:08Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: "Pre-Fall Children"--why not? (not for the faint of heart or faith.)

Time started at Genesis 1:1: "In the beginning..." Time started passing immediately because there was day one, two, etc.

I like Kent Hovind's take on the naming of the animals. He states there are only about 8000 different kinds of animals, ie: dog, cat, cow, etc. Adam came pre-programmed from the hand of God, and could walk, talk, and get married on day one. He also was not cursed yet. If his brain was more advanced than ours, this might take out the need for deep contemplation of naming the animals. But he still could have named 8000 easily in a few of hours.

I can't prove it dogmatically, but I don't believe there were any pre-fall kids as the Scripture seems to focus on Adam knowing his wife, then Cain's birth: "I have gotten a man," Abel's birth: "she again bare his brother Abel."

Cain married his sister. There were no laws against it at that time. Who were they going to get in trouble with? The gene pool was as pure as it was going to be. To put it in perspective, though, Adam married his rib. So it was pure at that time. Later laws were given against marrying siblings. Christ is also to marry his sister. The church is his bride, but Jesus is also our brother. Songs 4:9 "Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; thou hast ravished my heart with one of thine eyes..." This could also be reflected in Genesis by Abram being married to his sister: 'my sister, my spouse' etc.

I agree that Lucifer had not yet fallen while everything was "very good."

I also agree that there was much more going on than we have and probably are able to ponder.

Though I wouldn't dwell on these subjects day after day after day, I think they are reasonable. Everything in the Scriptures is worthy of study.

2006/2/24 23:21Profile
Graftedbranc

Re: "Pre-Fall Children"--why not? (not for the faint of heart or faith.)

Quote:
THE QUESTION OF PRE-FALL CHILDREN

This question is really mute.

Romans 5 says, 'Through one man sin entered into the world and death by sin so that death spread to all men...

Adam as the head of the race sinned and brought the whole race (his posterity) into a fallen and sinful condition.

The fact that Bible does not say that there were any children born. The fact that the scriptures no where subsequently refer to it, the fact that "in Adam all die" is sufficient testimony to the fact that Adam and Eve bore no children prior to the fall.

It was not till after the fall that "Adam knew his wife and she concieved and bore a son."

The "Why not" is that to even presume it undermines the whole testimony of Scripture, the work of Christ, the Typology of Christ as the "Second Man and the last Adam. It underminse the New Testament revealtion, and it would assume that somewhere out there is some unfallen men and women running around.

God after Adam's fall barred the way to the Tree of Life and cast Adam and eve out of the garden. The Tree of Life would not be barred to unfallen children.

And though prior to Adam's transgression and partaking of the Tree of the knowlege of good and evil, he hadn't sinned, he had never eaten of the Tree of Life. If he had, he whould have had the Life of God within him. Though Adam had not sinned, he was not completed. He did not have God's life within him. He made a choice. He chose the way of independance. The way of the knowelge of good and evil. He never took God in as his indwelling life.

Graftedbranch

2006/2/26 17:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy