SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is happening to me?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Re: What is happening to me?

Quote:
I don't see beauty in anything that Christ is not part of. My ONLY desire it to KNOW CHRIST and SHOW CHRIST to this dying generation.

All I can see is that God's moving in your heart, just continue to be open for the Lord,

God bless you.

2005/12/26 7:10Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: What is happening to me?

Quote:
Does anyone else feel like this??? Is this just what happens when you're in your in your 30's??? Am I depressed and havn't relized it yet?? Or am I truly being sperated from this world??? I don't see beauty in anything that Christ is not part of. My ONLY desire it to KNOW CHRIST and SHOW CHRIST to this dying generation.

You are! It's the equivalent of normalcy for the Christian, can only pray that it worsens ;-) That you may become ruined to everything save Jesus Christ. Perhaps the 'scary' part is the realization that the changes are not necessarily your doing, that unknown factor*, but are you not in good hands? It is an adventure and a journey, a 'progress'.

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a [u]peculiar people[/u]; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

You are not alone in this, I sometimes think [i]peculiar[/i] isn't strong enough, there is a thought that bounces around in this head that I am the strangest Christian I know... as if that needs any proving :-? Don't think your 'age' has any bearing on it other than the age of growth with the Lord. This will hopefully all become something to look back on in days ahead, the changes and the realization that it is the Lord...

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
2Ti 1:9

[i]That final day is going to be awesome. Have you figured how you'll get on when you stand there? You and I will stand there alone on that day and be judged for every aspect of our lives - for our praying, our giving, our talking, and our doing. I still believe in the majesty of that eternal court, with the King of kings and the Lord of lords and the Judge of judges. You see, there's no possibility of any rehearsal, and what's more, there's no possibility of any repetition. Because, again, this is the Final Judgment, and to some God will say, "Come, ye blessed," but to others He'll say, "Depart from Me." No, it's not so simple to be a Christian after all. It's a majestic thing.[/i]

~ Leonard Ravenhill

*[i]Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.[/i]

2005/12/26 8:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy