SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

A. W. Tozer wrote:

'Only a faith that moves the life can save the soul.'

Also

'We can prove our faith by our committal to it, and in no other way. Any faith that does not command the one who holds it is not a real belief; it is a psuedo belief only."

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/1 14:24Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Again,

Psalm 119:

103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. 106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments. 107 I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word. 108 Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments. 109 My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law. 110 The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts. 111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart. 112 I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.

The writer of Psalm 119 speaks of God's law. Jeremiah speaks of this same law as does the writer of Hebrews. The promise of God to write His law in the hearts of those who are His; is what seperates His people from the desires for what this world has to offer.

We have seen this verse many times yet have you witnessed the word in the way that the writer of Hebrews speaks of?

Hebrews 4:

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

How does this precept in this verse speak to the work of God placing His law into one's heart? How does this work cause one to be born from above?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/2 11:19Profile

Re: Born Again by What Means

Quote:
Because the righteous shall live by faith. It is trusting and believing that his word is true, in faith, and in that keeping faith, believing that he who promised is faithful and will accomplish that which he intends for his word.

I used to struggle very hard with the issue of 'what' is to be believed, as the 'living word' until I heard someone define faith as 'believing what God has said to you'.

That fixed it for me, so I was no longer chasing after concepts and doctrines, but living day by day believing into what had quickened me from either His written word, or, He had spoken through preaching I'd heard or even through :-o [i]non-Christian[/i] voices. Whether convicted through the comments of a friend, or encouraged by a comment from a character on TV or in film, if God [i]SPOKE IT INTO MY BEING[/i] as a [u]living word[/u], I received it and allowed it to work in me to produce change. This can [i]only[/i] 'work' under the influence of the Holy Spirit. I'm sure this is how God speaks to people before they are born again, too.

Jeff,

Excellent thread, bro. :-)

2005/11/2 11:48
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Dorcas wrote:

Quote:
'believing what God has said to you'.

When one begins to recognize His voice as you have testified; one begins to look for Him more and more each day. He lights our path. We see the light even in the dark places. We see the Light of Life.

Amen Sis
In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/2 17:45Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

"...so that time[b]s[/b] of [b]refreshing[/b] may come [b]from the presence[/b] of the Lord."

Has your soul been stirred by His presence? Has the words that you have heard impacted you in such a way that you see another part of the truth that is found in the Holy Scriptures.

Job 33

25 His flesh shall be young like a child’s,
He shall return to the days of his youth.
26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him,
He shall see His face with joy,
For He restores to man His righteousness.

Times of refreshing brought by His presence brings a newness to life in this body that we have.

27 Then he looks at men and says,
“I have sinned, and perverted what was right,
And it did not profit me.’
28 He will redeem his soul from going down to the Pit,
And his life shall see the light.
29 “Behold, God works all these things,
Twice, in fact, three times with a man,
30 To bring back his soul from the Pit,
That he may be enlightened with the light of life.

The word of God becomes something much more than the carnal mind can comprehend. When one comes to understand this precept, one begins to recognize the "truth" in the events of life daily. The carnal life will deminish so that His life can increase. The newness of Life is the abundance that comes from the fountain of life. The living water quenches our thirst in a way that the carnal life could not.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/2 18:06Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

This idea of refreshing and newness of life is encouraged by Peter in the following verses.

1 Peter 2:1-5

"Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you. Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as NEWBORN BABES, desire the PURE MILK OF THE WORD, that you may GROW THEREBY, IF INDEED YOU HAVE TASTED THAT THE LORD IS GRACIOUS. Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ..."

Throughout the Holy Scriptures we find this exhortation to grow by feeding on the word of God. For what purpose? Peter declare that our heart should be to "offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

A babe in Christ is not able to do this is he?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/3 11:25Profile

Re: Born Again by What Means

rookie asked

Quote:
A babe in Christ is not able to do this is he?

And Jesus entered into the temple of God, and did cast forth all those selling and buying in the temple, and the tables of the money-changers he overturned, and the seats of those selling the doves, and he saith to them, `It hath been written, My house a house of prayer shall be called, but ye did make it a den of robbers.'

And there came to him [u]blind and lame men[/u] in the temple, [u]and he healed them[/u], and the chief priests and the scribes having seen the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, `Hosanna to the Son of David,' were much displeased; and they said to him, `Hearest thou what these say?' [b]And Jesus saith to them, `Yes, did ye never read, that, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings Thou didst prepare praise?'[/b] (Young's Literal Translation) Matt 21:12 - 16

2005/11/3 12:16
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Born Again By What Means

"""Peter states that it is the word of God that causes one to be born again."""

Who is the Word of God. Christ in us is our new birth. The Holy Spirit Teacher of The Christ in Us is part of that new birth. The Son and The Father who make their abode with us, is our new birth. Amen

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Who liveth forever? Christ in us, and us also in Him.

In Christ: Phillip

Hi Linn :-D

2005/11/5 14:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Phl 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Even a babe in Christ can be used for His good pleasure.

It is not what we do or don't do, but Who we are in Christ

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

In Christ: Phillip

2005/11/5 14:19Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Yes it is Christ in us that saves us. Yes it is by grace through faith that we have access to all things that come from Christ. And when a babe in Christ praises the Lord it is because the Lord has worked upon the heart. But listen again to the parable which precedes all other parables.

Listen to how these people recieved the word of God in their heart. Listen to what happened in the lives of those who recieved the incorruptible word.

Luke 8:11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. 14 Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.

What do you see in these verses? What do you want to hear? Is the word of God living and penetrating your minds and hearts as you come to terms with these Scriptures?

This is how the word works on the hearts of those who submit.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/7 12:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy