SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How does God give up on a man eternally as loving as he is?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
KervinM

South Africa

How does God give up on a man eternally as loving as he is?

In the Old Testament, God did not only let wicked men die without hope but he has actually been directly instrumental in the death of some of the said wicked men. Think of 99%+ of the generation of Noah that he wiped out with water? The many cases he sent Israel to take the lives of their enemies in war?

Does this help us understand why even in our day we may withness men dying without hope and we wonder if he cares that they so die without hope? Yes this is not to say we must sit back and watch but are still expected to do what Christ commissioned Christians to do to help the situation.

But we do need to come to understand why he so give up on men at times as loving as he is.

2024/2/8 6:50Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re: How does God give up on a man eternally as loving as he is?

The same God who can delight in giving one child of Adam eternal life can in turn find rest in eternally damning another child of Adam. Not only by allowing that someone else take their live but that he can also by himself smite them.

2024/2/8 8:30Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Kervin-

What is the point of your posts? Just curious.

2024/2/8 15:25Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

Thought I may not have been clear. No, not curiosity - but I would gladly let it slide on 2nd thought.

If we look at Cain and Abel, we see two offsprings of the first man. In these, are two different hearts. One inclined to God and another that is not.

What might we say to have marked the difference here? What did Abel see that Cain did not? I know their parent's fall was Satan assisted, but what do we say of Cain's fall?

Mr Ravelhill just said Cain was a fool I think.

2024/2/9 1:42Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

Please comments are still welcomed I would say (on 3rd thought?).

Did Cain know the cost of his choice? Or he was deceived as to what it was by Satan?

What helped Abel to see the worth of his choice?

2024/2/9 9:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

There is much we are not told in the story.

Very few persons count the costs of their sin before sinning.

I don’t think God’s attitude toward their sacrifices had anything to do with what they sacrificed but rather the attitude of their respective hearts. He loves a cheerful giver. Cain was a bitter and jealous person. Kind of like Esau.

It is certainly possible that Adam and Eve had a hand in Cain’s attitude. No one said they were perfect parents.

2024/2/9 15:39Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Maybe Cain could be in Paradise by now ?

I'm only saying that as I know what the fear of God does to you.

2024/2/9 16:23Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

Noted, brother Todd, and quite plausible, brother David. Is it not safe to assume that no one should settle on a sinful life if they can be fully aware of the cost thereof?

Does the devil then play a huge role in distorting/withstanding the truth in us so that we end up making futile resolutions without fear?

Are many out there sinning peacefully because the devil deceitfully assures them that there is no wrath coming to avenge their evil work?

Is man's greatest flaw his heeding the devil's deceits like our two parents did in the garden?

2024/2/10 3:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I am not sure a true believer can “sin peacefully.”

2024/2/10 9:50Profile
ESchaible

Re:

When you reduce the living God down to a proposition, and focus on a single part of Him, rather than He Himself, you lose God entirely in the postulation.

God doesn't have love, He is love. God is also holy, righteous, merciful, loving, just, kind, patient, faithful - He doesn't have any of those things, He is those things. He also doesn't give any of those things to us, He gives us Himself and in that giving of Himself to us, we take on those attributes as we work out what He works in - He doesn't give us righteousness, holiness, salvation, He cannot because He is those things. Jesus is all.

The original question makes love something God has, interestingly so does much of modern Christianity. It separates God Himself from His attributes, because it's only then that men can debate them and force them into their systems, and make them something we can control, manipulate and have as our own possessions - it's spiritual selfishness.

God will do anything He desires, and whatever He does is perfect - men can only debate their idols.

2024/2/10 14:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy