Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Evaluation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JosephBourdi

Nigeria

Evaluation

Evaluation

*Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 1 Corinthians 4:1‭-‬2 KJV*

Most of the time 99.9% of the people you see in church are not like Christ, and the sad thing is, they are not even looking forward to becoming like Him. If you ask a brother or sister, "So are you a Christian?" They will go like "Yes I am, at least everybody in my church thinks so." We are getting the wrong people to evaluate us. The person you should ask if you are becoming like Christ is your wife. Brother so and so can't give you an accurate answer because he is not there when you yell at your wife, talk to your coworkers rudely or complain. You should ask your parents too. You see, our Christianity begins when we get home after church. How you live at home is 10 times more important than how you behave in church.

I visit churches today and it's very difficult to find one sinner. A dangerous criminal can escape the authorities if he can just attend the church meeting. The church is a hideout for so many people, and we have made it so comfortable for comers, we don't preach about repentance from sin. I have said often that "If you want to know if I'm becoming like Christ, come live with me in my house for at least a week." Don't evaluate me from a distance. Never call me a man of God just because you hear me preaching sermons, come and live with me. I visited a preacher one time, and just at the gate I could hear him arguing and complaining with his wife. If I never visited their home I would think they are in heaven. I'm not impressed by Sunday services, I evaluate people by how they live at home.

*Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.*

Paul is saying "I'm glad for your sakes that you didn't just obey when we came for the Sunday meetings, but you were as holy on Monday as you would on Sunday. In the meetings or at home you were just the same people." I hardly find people like this. I find recently that Christians are drifting into idol worshipping. On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc, we live as we like and on Sunday we go to our shrine. Jesus said "A time is coming when true worshippers will worship the Father in Spirit and Truth. It means, they will not be any different on Monday from how they were on Sunday.

If you get your evaluation from people in church, then even when you are failing they will tell you you are okay, because they themselves are failing. If you are in a Godly relationship, ask your spouse how you are doing in becoming like Christ. My fiancee knows me a little more than anyone else, she knows when I'm like Christ or when I'm like the devil. Sometimes I do things like the devil, and she would tell me "Joseph, this is not you." I can trust her judgment because I know she understands me. If you are surrounded by compromising people, then you won't get an accurate evaluation. You know, you can think you are the Jesus in the midst of two thieves, whereas you are the greater thief. May the Lord help us in Jesus name, Amen!

_Prayer request: May the Lord open new doors for the Daily Devotional, and grant more entrance of light through His word._

2020/2/26 7:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy