SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Laying on of hands...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
KingJimmy wrote:
Judas was sent out to lay hands on the sick with the other apostles, and he was likely of questionable character even then.

Haha, GOOD POINT!!

2005/7/16 0:11
Jimotheus

Re: Laying on of hands...

Grace, peace, and love be multiplied:

The laying on of hands is one of the practices commanded in the Holy Scriptures. We should lay hands on the sick and pray the prayer of faith, and the Lord will raise them up and if they have committed any sin, it shall be forgiven. One thing more I will say in brief concerning the laying on of hands; if a person has hands laid on them by a REAL man of God who prays for them in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and they are set free from whatever, unless they are taught to look to the finished work of the cross (not only for salvation, and justification) but for SANCTIFACATION, they will more than likely go back into bondage. Whom the Son sets free he is free indeed. We need to be set free, and learn how to stay free. These people spend their lives going from preacher to preacher; from church to church always living their lives looking for someone, anyone who could lay hands on them one more time. This is not victory in Jesus.

2005/7/19 21:56Profile
ellie

UK

I agree with Todd.

My friend,

God is revealing to you the importance of the laying on of hands, is for those that have been given the all clear by you the leader. It is a case of appointing people to minister to others.
It is very important that you are able to see that the persons are in the right place with God.
It has been known that someone who may not have been cleared of something that they may have opened themselves up to, of the nature of darkness, can cause damage to the person who trusts them for laying on of hands.
As at this time both spirits are open.

It is like me trusting a psychologist with my whole being as he hypnotises me. I would then be totally open to him and not God. My spirit would be open to suggestion and the influence of his spirit could be really bad. Etc. I would be separated from God.

People must be given the authority by the Leader and know they have a position to do this.

We can of course pray for each other but those who have been delegated to do so can use hands.

Sometimes in the past if I have been going through a bad time and have been feeling anger etc.
I have abstained from hands on and stood behind others and joined in with prayer as we have prayed for someone.

I have always believed this, hands on is a channel for the Holy Spirit.

Someone recently said could they pray for me, I said yes as she has a wonderful heart. But she also pulls her hair out. She put her hand on my shoulder and prayed. I looked to God for his covering while this was happening because it disturbed me. She has kindly asked me since and I have said no its ok thanks. Which in actual fact I had not intended asking anyone, for personal prayer anyway. I like to talk to her and give her time. But prayer will have stop.
We do pray privately for one another and I value her love and care and her prayers.

May God lead you as you seek his will and may he fill you with all knowledge and how to interpret this to your people.
May God bless your Ministry that is so important in the world to day. Amen

ellie

2005/7/22 0:11Profile
ellie

UK

Re: by KingJimmy on 2005/7/15

by KingJimmy on 2005/7/15 23:54:43

Quote: Judas was sent out to lay hands on the sick with the other apostles, and he was likely of questionable character even then.

Jesus sent him, he trusted him to do as he had been asked.
Jesus had the authority and would know what was in his heart, at that time.

ellie

2005/7/22 0:19Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

I've heard people say that they won't let people lay hands on them in prayer if they don't know them. There is the idea that a spirit can be transferred by this. Also, there is someone I know that doesn't want just anyone to pray for them. This person thinks that a prayer in Jesus name will be answered just because it's asked in Jesus name. This person thinks that people can pray against other people and hinder a ministry. All I can see in the Word tells me that I am protected by the blood and these things can't happen as long as I'm walking with the Lord. Can anyone think of a scripture that might verify these opposite opinions?

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/7/22 1:45Profile
ellie

UK

Re: these things can't happen GaryE on 2005/7/22

Quote: All I can see in the Word tells me that I am protected by the blood and these things can't happen as long as I'm walking with the Lord.

Yes for you if that is so but you cannot rely on others to be walking on the narrow path that you indicate.

Here is an example, which will happen more and more.

We had not many years ago meetings taking place in the North of the country, as the Spirit moved in this country.
All kinds of people attended including people in darkness, witchcraft etc. pretending to be part of the people but perpetrating there own darkness within the meeting, all kinds of things were happening. This can cause those who may not have been delivered of sin or have forgotten that they touched darkness in their younger lives and can awaken things. This is also going to happen in the future as well as happening now.

When laying on hands takes place, it is imperative that the persons are clear with God.

I have had wickedness perpetrated toward me by not nice people in the past and it had an affect on me that is why I know it had been done toward me.
Prayer was asked for and I prayed against it myself. These things are all real I tell you that it is an on going thing coming against fresh darkness. But what happened to me did not mean that I was not walking a narrow path or failing in my faith it simply meant, I was under attack.
We are all subject to attack and the enemy can seep through a person, when laying on of hands.

'Jesus trusted no one for he knew what was in them.'

This is why educated preachers, elders are in the position that they hold, because of their walk with God. There has to be a form of order everything has to be done in an orderly manner.

I rely on God alone. If anyone helps me they usually are on a good path with God, but I rely on God to show me who to talk to.

May the Lord Bless you and impart much wisdom to you, for you in the future for the privileged position he may lead you into. Amen

ellie

2005/7/22 15:38Profile
BabyJeremiah

Laying on of hands is a dangerous thing, but even without laying on of hands, curses can be sent through the air.

I once was worshipping at church and I kept getting irrated by this man behind me. I glanced behind me and he kept fanning my friend sitting next to me. For some reason it was bothering my spirit and I started fanning behind me. Eventually the man left where he was and moved over a few seats. Then immediatly I noticed him fanning my other friend!

I saw that he was appointed by Satan to curse him.
I talked to my friend and he said as soon as the man started fanning him, his neck started hurting terribly.

I finally was led to take the man outside and pray for him. He definitly was under the control of the evil one. Thank God he repented outside and came back to his senses.

Again, I belief it is important to have people around to discern these things.

2005/7/25 16:58Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Ge 37:22 - Show ContextAnd Reuben said unto them, Shed no blood, but cast him into this pit that is in the wilderness, and lay no hand upon him; that he might rid him out of their hands, to deliver him to his father again.

Le 4:15 - Show ContextAnd the elders of the congregation shall lay their hands upon the head of the bullock before the LORD: and the bullock shall be killed before the LORD.

I have had good and bad experiences of laying on of hands and normally the lord is the one who knows best!!

Le 16:21 - Show ContextAnd Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

Le 24:14 - Show ContextBring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.

Nu 8:12 - Show ContextAnd the Levites shall lay their hands upon the heads of the bullocks: and thou shalt offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering, unto the LORD, to make an atonement for the Levites.

2Ki 4:34 - Show ContextAnd he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm.

Ne 13:21 - Show ContextThen I testified against them, and said unto them, Why lodge ye about the wall? if ye do so again, I will lay hands on you. From that time forth came they no more on the sabbath.

Es 3:6 - Show ContextAnd he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.

Job 17:3 - Show ContextLay down now, put me in a surety with thee; who is he that will strike hands with me?

Mt 21:46 - Show ContextBut when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

Mr 5:23 - Show ContextAnd besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.

Mr 16:18 - Show ContextThey shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Lu 20:19 - Show ContextAnd the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

Lu 21:12 - Show ContextBut before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

Ac 8:19 - Show ContextSaying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

Ac 28:8 - Show ContextAnd it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him.

1Ti 5:22 - Show ContextLay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

2005/7/25 18:50Profile
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Thanks for all the responses...

It appears that some of us have differnt opinions regarding the laying on off hands by un-believers or people that are not walking in victory.

I tend to agree with all the posts to some degree or another.
Which tells me to use discernment, and pray for wisdom.

I usually call people forward for prayer, explaing to them that My Wife and I will pray for them.

Sometimes, not all the time, while praying with someone, others may gather around and pray also. During this, some of these may reach forward and lay a hand on the person for whom we are praying.
A few times, I felt like this might not be a good idea, but did not just want to grab the guy's arm and pull him away.

I want to be very sensitve to this situation, yet I want to be right.

I will continue to pray for guidance and I respect and thank you for your responses.
Keep me in your prayers...our Ministry is growing more and more each week.
Our city, like so many others around the world, is enslaved in drug and alcohol abuse.
These are not just "street people" or "homeless".
But Middle income families, that have jobs, (at least for now).

Some of these are families that go to church. My heart burns for these people.
I have a vision for my city...

I guess I'm just stupid enough to simply believe God's power is the only solution to the drug and alcohol problem. I believe that Demonic strongholds are here...and I'm praying and believing for these strongholds to be broken.

Praise God!

2005/7/26 16:01Profile

Re:

Sentry, if you don't mind one more post on this, I hope it doesn't stir up something negative here, but I'm gonna have to just trust God, that it doesn't. Just felt to give an opinion, not debate.

To be really frank, for the 30 yr.s I've been saved, I've only had, leaned on and learned from the Classics.

Now and then I'll read something newer than 50 yr.s old ~ HA ~ but, when it comes to spiritual stuff, I like to recommend Jessie Penn-Lewis, on this site. Her book "War on the Saints" helped me so much 25 yr.s ago, when we were in the ministry and dealing with all sorts of stuff. And then I found SI and downloaded all her other articles.

Also, the Lord had started to give me an uncomfortable feeling about "Having" to hold hands when praying with some. And "having" to always 'lay hands on folks'... as if there were something "mystical" that's gonna happen if ya do, and won't if ya don't. :-(

I couldn't believe that, cuz I feel all answers and power comes from Above, and not from me.

I'll only do it now, if I feel a Peace about it.
I trust the gifts of the Spirit more than ever now.

Anyhow, I felt guilty at first, for feeling uncomfortable about it ... especially after the "impartation" stuff started coming around, from Brownsville, etc.

Anyhow, I prayed about it, and found this article from a respectable older gent, who I trust.

I hope it doesn't offend anyone here.

I've put only the closing lines here, but the article is 6 pages long.

But, again I recommend Jessie Penn-Lewis and her contemporaries, found here on SI, besides.

Though it mostly deals with prayer circles, I find the general principle is the same.

Quote:
SOME QUESTIONS

These are but a taste of prayer circle testimonies coming out of the "revival." Is a prayer circle Biblical? No; we've shown that in Part Two. Do we have any clues concerning the true source of these prayer circles? I believe I've shown the origins in the first three parts of this series. Should a Christian participate in them? I don't think that's advisable. There are centuries of evidence that a prayer circle is unscriptural and a pagan practice. They are not merely an innovation of the modern church, and they are absolutely not described in God's word. They are occult tools, and if used, will sooner or later bring about demonic manifestations. SUFFICE IT TO SAY THAT PRAYER CIRCLES ARE AN OCCULT TOOL ESTABLISHED BY THEIR HISTORY TO BE UNBIBLICAL.

When I used to pray in these circles, I would quiet my mind, concentrate on experiencing God, and be open to Him moving on me to give me goose bumps. These circles are so loving, so comforting, so unifying, and seem so innocent, that many Christians have thoughts similar to what I had when they hold hands to pray with someone. People do need comfort, but they need to be pointed to the Father of all comfort, and receive comfort through the truth of God's word. There is a natural physical comforting that is appropriate and innocent, but stepping into a ritual, no matter how innocent it seems, is another matter. Prayer circles are a ritual, and they should be scarey to us because of the very possible spiritual dangers connected with them.

One last thing: it's not only prayer circles which are unscriptural. There is also no biblical precedent for holding hands to pray, whether or not a circle is formed. I believe we should look into our own hearts to find answers to some questions when we reflexively reach for others' hands. For instance, in holding hands, do we experience a sense of oneness with others and with the spiritual realm? Do we find an expectation rise in us that someone will communicate with us when we perform this act? According to God's word, can we say with assurance that that "someone" will be God? Looking at the history of the use of prayer circles and the absence in God's word of these circles and of holding hands to pray, can we take part in these practices believing there is no appearance of evil in them? Can we say we have proved it to be a good thing in the eyes of God? His word says, "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil" (1 Thess 5:21-22.) I honestly don't believe we can say these things are proven to be good.

http://www.velocity.net/~edju/circles.htm

2005/7/26 16:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy