SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gods timeless & how his morality is higher than are's, Why am I thankful for Heaven and Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Gods timeless & how his morality is higher than are's, Why am I thankful for Heaven and Hell

When I was younger I struggled with the fact that the bible was a 2000 year old book and had no relevance in the 21st century.
Until I saw the fact that where are school was there was a farm and they used to plant seeds and you would see crops every year.
To me is that if God came down in human flesh, he would use Timeless things that would be in every culture and every culture has had to eat and sleep and that is what I found so interesting about the bible.
The more I grew older I find the fact that the bible is true in every aspect from science to history to archaology to morality.
As God has created life, it is his invention.
Man struggles with creating something as simple as fly or even copying Gods DNA code that he has designed in our life.
God has the right to take away. As God he sees through all time, space and history. Because he is everywhere not in the pantheistic way, he can see all things and has the wisdom of eternality. So his morality is so much higher than ours.
People who chose to reject God are present with Gods gifts as creation, the air we breath, he has see and put into being the creation we live in. We can barely get out of this solar system. We get the diameter of Pluto wrong or miss something with science such as the Gigantic Squid.

People who rejected the God who created the Universe.He made them and he came down in human flesh to die for there sin. So he not only knows the universe, he knows what it is to live as one of us. He has the right to judge.

He created Hell, God created Hell, Jesus created Hell! He also created Heaven. Hell is for eternity in a place where there is no exits. Hell is for eternity. I can barely imagine 70 years in pain but to live in pain for eternity that is beyond my imagination. Any pain here on earth will not compare to the joys of Heaven. The suffering on Earth will not compare to the pains of Hell.

I use the example when I am on the street of if you gatecrashed the Queens house and tried to sleep there, she would not let you in. Why should God let you into Heaven if you have rejected his son.

Noone wants to live in a place with a companionship full of evil people. If there is no hell, then God is not a just God as there is no justice for Hitler or others, there is also grace for those that have accepted Jesus and that he died for them on the cross. If people do not know Jesus who died for there sin as they are evil.

When God takes life he just moves them either close to him or away from him, he is the originator of life, he gives us the breath we breath. When people complain about God killing the Canaaties he has the right to judge as he created life and gave the Canaaties the right to breath, it was there choice to use there breath against the God of all the Universe. It is the same with this culture.
God has destroyed this world, nations and kingdoms, he has absolute power and absolute wisdom.
We think we have the moral authority when we want to attack ISIS because they are evil and that is right. Yet God does not have the right to destroy a culture because he gave them breath in the first place. God has sent the Angels to Hell because they disobeyed him yet God gave us a chance through his son taking on a human nature.
When God had to destroy Cultures that would make ISIS look like babies. God saved Nineveh whos culture was so wicked yet God saved them through Jonah. If I was Jonah I would want Nineveh destroyed
It is almost like we dont realise that God has absolute morality, He also has the right to choose to send a revival we can not make him. He chooses. We can pray that he will and he will send one .
If people reject God they reject everything that he gives them the air they breath, the creation that they enjoy and Hell is devoid of all that.
The Bible talks about that Gods fire burns to the lowest Hell in Deutronomy.
If we have offended say the King in Ancient times we would expect to be killed for Matricide for Killing a king. If we are rebellious against God, the king of kings our sin affects the holy one of Israel. If we are not for God we are against him. Yet our sin put the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords on the cross. One small sin can send us to Hell and I am guilty to the upmost but thankful for Gods grace.
If people say shot the president you would expect them to get a life sentence, what about the God of the Universe and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, if we do not know God how much more about what they do with Jesus who puts every planet into space from every galaxy even to the structured Galaxies.
Who are we to judge a God who knows everything but loved us, he had the power to send the Angels to Hell for eternity but loved us to sent his son to die on the cross.
The same God who created all things experienced his creation, the tiredness of going to sleep at night.
I have wondered what would it be like for a God who does not sleep to experience sleep or to eat or to walk. The God that created walking to walk or to be limited to one place or having to use our eyes or hands.
When that same God created hell, he did not know it was going to be for us. He created it for the devil and his angels. We have the God that created everything from the Stars in Space to the tiny quarks that power quantum computer.
With the aspect of the Trinity as I am a firm beleiver in as I have to argue for the trinity against cultish Groups like the Oneness pentecostals and the JWS.
The old Testament prophets do not mention hell as much as Jesus mentions Hell because he created it, he knows who is going there.
Why would you want to go to a place and free yourself from the designer and creator of this universe. It says in james that every Good and perfect gift is from the father of lights. 70 years of pain and suffering is a drop in the ocean to an eternity worth of pain and suffering, it would be a miracle if I even get even close to there
. I would rather suffer now than go through an eternity of suffering with out any way out of that suffering. Rejecting the creation that God has created and him to me is the high crime of the atheist and the unbeliever as they wake up each morning and smell the air and look up at the stars that he created, not wondering who designed them yet rebellious against him so the only rightful place is to be in a place without stars and yet a lake of burning fire. He gave them the creation but they were not thankful for it they proposed it to other things other than him.
We should thank God for the gift of life that he gave us as he can take us wherever he chooses after death and he has said in his word that if we do not believe in him and accept forgiveness at his cross where he died for our sins the GOd who gave us laws regarding the universe and morality. Who set Gravity into motion. Cared enough to die for our sin to save us from Hell, a place that he knew very well because we had committed the ultimate crime, Matricide.

2018/1/19 18:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Gods timeless & how his morality is higher than are's, Why am I thankful for

//When people complain about God killing the Canaaties he has the right to judge as he created life and gave the Canaaties the right to breath, it was there choice to use there breath against the God of all the Universe. It is the same with this culture. //

I know the Canaanites were a nasty bunch, but how did they know who the God of the universe was? Abraham did not know until God spoke to him. The Israelites physically saw and heard God at Sinai but within a few weeks were worshipping a golden calf.

Where is it recorded that God revealed himself to the canaanites?

2018/1/19 23:53Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

When god was talking with Abraham there was not that much time between Noah’s flood
If you have read any near eastern ancient text most cultures have the idea of creation myths such Enuma
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enûma_Eliš

God did not reveal himself to the canaanites but I do not think there is any ancient archives detailing what they believe, there are for the Hittites
I say that god revealed himself through creation of you read my post

2018/1/20 9:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//I say that god revealed himself through creation of you read my post//

Very true as this is confirmed by Romans 1.

But what % of people in heaven came to saving faith via general revelation only?

I would venture it is exceedingly small.

2018/1/20 9:50Profile
savannah

Re:God reveals Himself or...

Matthew 11:25-27

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I praise Thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that Thou didst hide these things from the wise and intelligent and didst reveal them to babes. “Yes, Father, for thus it was well-pleasing in Thy sight. “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son, except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Luke 10:22

All things have been entrusted to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and the person to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

2018/1/21 19:13Profile
dohzman

Re:

Amen,it’s pretty hard to add to that brother, you nailed it down tight.

2018/1/21 19:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

2018/1/22 15:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy