SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : fashionista sister

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: CNN or MSNBC

No. You'd not believe it if it were told you where!

2017/11/2 9:46Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

It doesn't matter, I serve God in a different way, I don't pay to much attention to what man say's, man only takes away from my focus on God.

2017/11/2 10:15Profile
savannah

Re: took the words...

You took the words right outta my mouth...

Thanks Mr. Bill

2017/11/2 10:21Profile

Re: fashionista sister

We don't wrestle with people, yet it's easy to become offended. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Jesus says to love others as He loves us. Jesus laid down His life for the whole world. Please consider this.

If it's not God's will for "anyone" to die in sin, then why do we throw them away and give up on them? Aren't we supposed to understand what the will of God is? Isn't love patient? Isn't love long-suffering towards others? Even if they are not living for Jesus at the moment, how do you know that Jesus will not change their hearts and redeem them later on? FAITH - HOPE - LOVE

James 2: 8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; 9 but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

1 Samuel 16: 7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Proverbs 16: 7 When a man’s ways please the Lord,
He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

2017/11/2 11:34
savannah

Re: More Scripture on God's Love

AMEN to all the Scriptures which have been posted!

I'd like to add to that list of Scriptures, because "All Scripture is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval." 2 Timothy 3:16

1 Corinthians 10

1But I want you to know, my brethren, that all of our fathers were under a cloud and all of them passed through the sea. 2And they all were baptized by Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3And they all ate one food of The Spirit. 4And they all drank of the one drink of The Spirit, for they were drinking from The Rock of The Spirit, which was with them, but that Rock was The Messiah. 5But God was not pleased with the multitude of them, for they fell in the wilderness.
6But these things are an example for us that we would not be lusting for evil, just as they lusted. 7Neither should we be Servants of idols, even as also some of them served, according to what is written: "The people sat down to eat and to drink and they arose to play." 8And neither should we commit fornication as some of them fornicated and twenty three thousand fell in one day. 9Neither should we tempt The Messiah as some of them tempted and serpents destroyed them. 10Neither should we complain as some of them complained and they were destroyed by the destroyer. 11But all these things that occurred to them were for our example and it was written for our admonition, for their end of the world has come upon us. 12From now on, whoever thinks that he stands, let him beware lest he fall.

2017/11/2 13:19Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by TMK
The issue on the table is whether Evangeline should fellowship with Christian women who dress fashionably.

If y’all think the answer to that question is “no” I think you are very badly mistaken.

Going back to why we are even having these conversations is stated here by TMK.

Should Evangeline fellowship with Christian women who dress fashionably OR should she call out every sister around her who enjoys dressing fashionably?

Evangeline, you never stated if they dress fashionably and yet modest or if they dressed fashionably with a lot skin showing. I believe that would set the stage better.

First, we are salt to a lost generation in our churches (without calling them out). If we are always setting others straight about Biblical womanhood, why do we need the Holy Spirit, if we do it so effectively?

But I did want to humbly bring to the forefront that I have seen a few discussions started by you that seem to elevate you in the area of Biblical womanhood and how others are failing in your eyes. If I am wrong please forgive me.

Quote:
The Mark 2:15-17 when Jesus dined with sinners was Jesus Christ was proclaiming the Gospel to people "needs to be change and transform" yet...

It's the Holy Spirit's job to change us and transform us.

I believe I've shared this with you before but we need to give others as much time as God has given us and is He finished with you yet? No? Then guess what, He's not finished with others either!!

Evangeline, God loves those fashionista's just AS MUCH as He loves you.

God bless you,
Lisa

2017/11/2 15:41Profile
bejkuy

Woodburn, OR

Re:

I asked an older minister who I admire greatly how I should deal with an individual in our congregation (I am an elder)that had a similar issue as the one described in the beginning of this post.

His statement/question to me was and is quite helpful:

"Are they coming into the light or are they departing from light?"

This man pastors a very godly congregation (different than the one I am involved with) and his philosophy is to be very patient and longsuffering with those who are growing (coming into the light), giving the Holy Spirit time to work with them and bring them into all truth. His posture towards those who are departing light is much different. He, in his own words, is very "severe" with them. This man is very kind and gracious but very serious about building a local church that is a proper testimony to God on earth.

FYI-I post very rarely but appreciate this site and the discussion forum much.

2017/11/2 15:42Profile

I don't know (back)

I don't know if this thread caused an argument or debate which I do not want to happen... will read through now...

:'(

2017/11/2 18:31
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother BJ

That is the wisdom from above!

Am blessed by it, thank you for sharing<\\\><

2017/11/2 20:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree BJ- that was good.