Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Fleeing from the wrath to come-

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you David,
You said,"We have come full circle "

Yes, I believe there will be much trouble/ tumult,...maybe, this is some of His wrath that is being poured out. We see much ,that offends Him in the earth.

This should not catch us unawares as we see ,

'The Day of The Lord' approaching,......

Jesus' coming will be 'The day of The Lord',...The Light of The Lord ,will shine bright as the day ,.at His coming,.....the Everlasting Light ,...coming for the saints/faithful unto death one's,

One's that have fled from the wrath,that is coming-

Blessings,
---------------
elizabeth

2017/9/5 16:04Profile
docs

Re:

The Hebrew prophets laid the groundwork that Israel would indeed face eschatological enemies but that in the end they would be delivered out of all troubles. This was tied in with the Messianic hope but the mystery the gospel revealed was that the Messiah would appear twice. The Day of the Lord, resurrection day, therefore became the day of the second appearing of Christ. A day of rejoicing and admiration from believers but a day of tribulation and wrath for unbelievers. Final desolations of Jerusalem and a final purging of the wicked of the land was standard and basic 101 Hebrew eschatology. To be followed by the appearance of Israel's Savior and resurrection day. It's obvious that although Jerusalem was surrounded and desolated in 70 AD it didn't result in resurrection day. Yet we have come full circle and once again it is inevitable Jerusalem will end up again surrounded by hostile armies intent on its destruction. We are the first generation in almost 2,000 years to actually be able to witness this possibility.

2017/9/5 17:00Profile
Elibeth

Re:

David,
I am interested in where,in the gospels this is found,.My interest has been drawn to the 'day of the Lord',and the' resurrection '

Re:
"the mystery the gospel revealed was that the Messiah would appear twice. The Day of the Lord, resurrection day, therefore became the day of the second appearing of Christ. A day of rejoicing and admiration from believers but a day of tribulation and wrath for unbelievers."

-----------------
elizabeth

2017/9/6 6:42Profile
docs

Re:

OK. Thank you. I will need a little time to organize scriptures etc. but will try and get back to you pretty quick.

Blessings.

2017/9/6 8:19Profile
savannah

Re: days of Vengeance 70ad

One poster writes,

"...the righteous dead would be raised. None of this occurred in 70 AD..."

And again,

"It's obvious that although Jerusalem was surrounded and desolated in 70 AD it didn't result in resurrection day."

But...

It is written...

Matthew 27:50-54

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, expired. And behold, the vail of the temple was rent in two, from the top to the bottom: and the earth shook, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened, and many bodies of saints who slept, arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared to many. Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Daniel 12:2

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

I agree with what Todd wrote,

"Elizabeth-

I personally think John was referencing the destruction of Jerusalem and consequently the destruction of the Jewish religious system in 70 AD. it seems obvious to me that in the Luke passage Jesus was also referencing this absolute holocaust of Jerusalem in 70 Ad.

The Pharisees and Sadducees had much to lose from the end of ritual Judaism."

2017/9/6 9:10Profile
docs

Re:

So a first fruits resurrection in approx 33 AD can be associated with events in 70 AD? I stated no resurrection occurred in 70 AD. Preterism lacks sorely it seems if it has to go to such twists in logic to make its point. Jerusalem was not under siege in 33 AD. Wow!

2017/9/6 10:19Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you David, Todd, and Savannah,
For the information and your input that you have provided me.

It may take a little while before I can get back,as I need /want to do a study on the word 'Resurrection'

Blessings,
----------------
elizabeth

2017/9/6 16:59Profile
dohzman

Re: Fleeing from the wrath to come-

Isa 26:20
Come, my people, enter your chambers,
And shut your doors behind you;
Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment,
Until the indignation is past.
For behold, the LORD comes out of His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
The earth will also disclose her blood,
And will no more cover her slain.

It is comforting to know that He always has a secret place for His people.

2017/9/7 20:28Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Dear brother,

Re:

It is comforting to know that He always has a secret place for His people.'

Yes,...comforting to know.

Thank you,
-------
elizabeth

2017/9/7 22:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net