SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Abiding Peace - A. B. Simpson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Abiding Peace - A. B. Simpson

Here lies the secret of abiding peace-God's peace. We give ourselves to God and the Holy Spirit takes possession of our hearts. It is indeed "Peace, peace." But it is at this precise point that the devil begins to interfere, and he does it through our thoughts, diverting or distracting them as the occasion requires.

This is the time to prove the sincerity of our consecration and the singleness of our hearts. If we truly desire His presence more than anything, we will turn away from every conflicting thought and look steadily up to Jesus. But if we desire the gratification of our impulses more than His presence, we will yield to the passionate word, or the frivolous thought, or the sinful diversion. Then when we come back, our Shepherd has gone, and we wonder why our peace has departed.

Failure occurs often in some insignificant thing-usually a thought or word. The soul that would not fear to climb a mountain may actually stumble over a straw.

The real secret of perfect rest is to be jealously, habitually occupied with Jesus.

Scripture
My peace I give unto you —John 14:27

2017/5/3 21:19Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: Abiding Peace - A. B. Simpson

"Then when we come back, our Shepherd has gone, and we wonder why our peace has departed."

Love that line.

2017/5/4 8:28Profile
luka

Jos, Nigeria

Re: Abiding Peace - A. B. Simpson

Thanks for this post. I needed to hear this. God Bless You

2017/5/4 13:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy