SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What does Satan know?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nasher

Watford, UK

What does Satan know?

I have a question followed by three sub questions,: what does Satan know?

Does he know all my actions?

Does he know all my thoughts?

Does he know who is a Christian and who isn't?

2003/10/16 5:59Profile
TaKa

Louisiana

Re: What does Satan know?

I believe he can see all of our actions and knows who is and who is not a real Christian, but I don't believe he can read all of our thoughts.

Have you read The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis and War on the Saints by Jesse Penn-Lewis? I think those books explain alot on that subject.

2003/10/16 6:32Profile
nobody

I'd say he knows us from the outside better than any human. Take what your family, friends, and coworkers know about you and the sum is still less than what he knows. Reading thoughts is often just looking at your expressions, right? I'd be careful about saying he can judge between the wheat and tares, though. That might be left solely to God.

2003/10/16 18:50Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

He definitely knows our weaknesses...because those are the temptations he throws at us time and time again.
As a Christian, he better know your name -- because you'd better be raising hell for him.

2003/10/16 21:46Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

"for ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God" Col 3:3

He knows as much as God wants him to know and not a jot more. Don't try to outsmart him.

"submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" James 4:7

Did you see that statement? having submitted to God, resist him and he will flee from YOU. (not.. he will back up a few paces!!)

"..I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly..! Rom 16:20

Keep it simple. God will bruise him, but will use your feet to do the job.

2003/10/17 5:22Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

My next question is then - how does Satan know things about us?

2003/10/17 5:51Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

He studies his enemies.

2003/10/17 12:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Satan is a created being and is just like us in the sense that he can only be in one place at one time! so therefore our struggle is against satan and his followers. i.e. fallen angels and demons.

Quote:
"The devil's great purpose, and for which he fights, [b]is to keep the world in ignorance of himself[/b], his ways, and his colleagues, and the Church is taking sides with him when siding with ignorance about him." - Jessie Penn Lewis

I would like to see from the scriptures if there is more light we can shed on how the devil is able to tempt us and make us fall so easily. Maby we could do a study on the Garden of Eden story and gleam some insight from there?

2003/10/17 12:49Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

From what I gather by the scriptures, Satan only has the power to tempt us (Genesis 3) but also he had the power to harm job & his family when it was granted to him by God.

How Satan tempts us is another matter for discussion (i.e. who / what is the little voice in your ear that tempts you to do evil)

I'm not trying to create some sort of satan "ology", it's just that we should know our enemies...

2003/10/21 5:58Profile
todd

California

Re:

I also sometimes wonder about the time when Satan asked permission to sift Peter like wheat and so Jesus told Peter He was praying for him. There seem to be many implications here as to the nature of the relationship between God, Satan, and man.

My understanding right now is like "Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis where demons sent on assignments, to tempt people and do other evil stuff like that. In the book they call Satan "Our Father below" and God "the Enemy" (I think). Great book but it's largely speculation I think. But it makes sense to me and I haven't ran across any scriptural contradictions yet.

2003/10/21 9:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy