SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Taking Kids to Church Violates Their Human Rights, Says UN

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Taking Kids to Church Violates Their Human Rights, Says UN

Asking children to attend Christian assemblies undermines their human rights, according to a United Nations committee.

A highly controversial new report by the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child expresses "concern" that pupils in the U.K. are legally required to take part in a daily act of collective worship, which is "wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character."

Conservative MP David Burrowes described the criticism as "ludicrous" and said the government can "respectfully put those kinds of reports in the bin where they belong." ...

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/world/58109-taking-kids-to-church-violates-their-human-rights-says-un

2016/6/30 11:25Profile

Re: Taking Kids to Church Violates Their Human Rights, Says UN

Sorry, Parental Rights trump Children's rights. I see how they called them human rights. This is one step in the direction of taking children from parents.

A parent has the right to bring up their children according to their beliefs.

I wonder if it is a violation of "human rights" to take a child to the Mosque?

2016/6/30 17:18
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Wanna know who has no right? The UN.

2016/6/30 18:54Profile

Re:

It's okay to instill secularism at school though?

2016/6/30 21:43

Re:

Do little girls and women have the right to use a bathroom without men coming in? Not according to the government. What happened to their rights? I guess another group has "stronger" rights.

2016/6/30 23:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy